Tenergy 05 vs. DNA Platinum M???

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Gozo, which Donic rubbers compare to Tenergy or DNA Platinum?
don't know.

Never played with Stiga DNA Platinum before.

Donic that is comparable to Tenergy? Hmmmm ..... I suppose it should be Bluefire M1? M1 is loopy, high archy, bouncy, grippy, all the attribute that could have been Donic's attempt at Tenergy clone.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
DNA platinum is the flagship stiga rubber, it costs about the same as tenergy now if not more expensive.

Personally i would choose tenergy. He also said price not being a consideration, but in terms of value and performance, tenergy comes out on top in overall capability on the table. It can do everything, and it easy to control, powerful, and has a spinny loop. DNA platinum does the same thing, but i feel like tenergy is better im not sure why it feels nicer to the touch on the ball
Personally, I would considder the durability and the price range. So I think DNAwould be better

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Well, i used DNA Pro and Plat Hard+Medium. I can say those rubbers are super controlled, You can be very creative in every shot. I feel like Tenergy 05 is a medium rubber and makes a lot more spin. DNA can make a lot less forced errors into your shots. I just like the pure power of T05 more due to not caring if i win or lose.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
My main concern would be durability. Not because that's effectively a price factor, but because I value reliable long-term performance (or in other words: graceful degradation).

An otherwise excellent rubber that steeply sags off in a couple of weeks (looking at you, Rasant Grip!) is effectively unreliable to me. I don't want to second guess every hit and miss.
I really loved Platinum M on BH of my Cybershape for about 2-3 months, but then my playing quite suddenly degraded... I thought it was just that I wasn't in my "best shape", but after a few weeks of failures, in desperation I finally decided to change rubbers, I put new Platinum M (as I have a few of them before) on my BH and... It was just "night and day" difference, new one has way more bouncy and controllable responce (on topspin and the block), power is also muuuuch better, the "old" Platinum is like a pillow compared to the new one... So for now will play with "new" Platinum M on BH, as I bought two spare one (I was originally very exited about that rubber, so bouht a couple of spare rubbers), but I'm not very pleased with the way it change it's characteristics only after a couple months of irregular play (no trainings, only tournaments), especcially considering it's price, so will try different rubbers on BH of my second Cybershape (actually already ordered Glayzer 09C, will get it today... I'm using Dignics 09C on my FH), and will probably eventually stop using Platinum M...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
I really loved Platinum M on BH of my Cybershape for about 2-3 months, but then my playing quite suddenly degraded... I thought it was just that I wasn't in my "best shape", but after a few weeks of failures, in desperation I finally decided to change rubbers, I put new Platinum M (as I have a few of them before) on my BH and... It was just "night and day" difference, new one has way more bouncy and controllable responce (on topspin and the block), power is also muuuuch better, the "old" Platinum is like a pillow compared to the new one... So for now will play with "new" Platinum M on BH, as I bought two spare one (I was originally very exited about that rubber, so bouht a couple of spare rubbers), but I'm not very pleased with the way it change it's characteristics only after a couple months of irregular play (no trainings, only tournaments), especcially considering it's price, so will try different rubbers on BH of my second Cybershape (actually already ordered Glayzer 09C, will get it today... I'm using Dignics 09C on my FH), and will probably eventually stop using Platinum M...
Yes, I'm looking to replace my Platinum on bh with Tibhar EL-D. The "D" series is so Dynamic and fun to use.