Tenergy 05 vs. DNA Platinum M???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Stiga DNA Platinum for sure, Tenergy 05 is just outdated now. Also, it's way cheaper, buy 2 DNA for the price of 1 Tenergy, no brainer.
DNA platinum is the flagship stiga rubber, it costs about the same as tenergy now if not more expensive.

Personally i would choose tenergy. He also said price not being a consideration, but in terms of value and performance, tenergy comes out on top in overall capability on the table. It can do everything, and it easy to control, powerful, and has a spinny loop. DNA platinum does the same thing, but i feel like tenergy is better im not sure why it feels nicer to the touch on the ball

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
DNA platinum is the flagship stiga rubber, it costs about the same as tenergy now if not more expensive.

Personally i would choose tenergy. He also said price not being a consideration, but in terms of value and performance, tenergy comes out on top in overall capability on the table. It can do everything, and it easy to control, powerful, and has a spinny loop. DNA platinum does the same thing, but i feel like tenergy is better im not sure why it feels nicer to the touch on the ball

No DNA Platinum does not cost the same or more than tenergy, not in the US at least. DNA Platinum is about $44, and tenergy costs $80.

Tenergy might feel better for you because you’re used to it. But everyone is different, so it feels better for you doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll feel better for others.

Tenergy €60 BTY shop in Germany, have not found it cheaper anywhere.
DNA Pkatinum €58 Dandoy in Belgium, the cheapest store I know of.

So no they cost about the same in Europe and I would guess Tenergy is cheaper in Japan…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Tenergy €60 BTY shop in Germany, have not found it cheaper anywhere.
DNA Pkatinum €58 Dandoy in Belgium, the cheapest store I know of.

So no they cost about the same in Europe and I would guess Tenergy is cheaper in Japan…

Cheers
L-zr

While the OP lives in the US...

Also there are quite a few hoops to jump through in order to buy BTY stuff outside your own region, while buying stuff from other big brands is pretty easy. Also, I only consider the discounted price (30% off) for DNA platinum, because it is really easy to get that discount, at least it is for me, even if I don't have enough stuff to get to the 300 euro mark, there are always friends that need to buy TT stuff.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
No DNA Platinum does not cost the same or more than tenergy, not in the US at least. DNA Platinum is about $44, and tenergy costs $80.

Tenergy might feel better for you because you’re used to it. But everyone is different, so it feels better for you doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll feel better for others.
Haha yea sorry i havent checked the DNA Platinum price since it came out. It has gone down to 70 AUD in australia and tenergy is still 110 in AUS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews

In the USA, Platinum is $70 and Tenergy is $72

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews

Also there are quite a few hoops to jump through in order to buy BTY stuff outside your own region, while buying stuff from other big brands is pretty easy. Also, I only consider the discounted price (30% off) for DNA platinum, because it is really easy to get that discount, at least it is for me, even if I don't have enough stuff to get to the 300 euro mark, there are always friends that need to buy TT stuff.
Where can I get a 30% discount on Platinum?

What a bunch of bull crap, You can not consider Your personal discount, lol.
And actually I quoted the wrong (without sales tax) for DNA, the correct one is 70 Euros (vs ~60 for Tenergy).

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
No thanks.

I am not into Platinum Blondie.
IMG_5547.jpeg

Tenergy ( Japanese ) is my ex coz too high maintanence
IMG_5548.jpeg

but now I only have eyes for German aka my Miss Donic.
IMG_5550.jpeg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Butterfly pricing across the world isn't consistent.
In mature markets, T series and Platinum series pricing is very close to each other.

Maybe in the US, Stiga seller is still using old costing (stock), 2023 pricing has all gone up.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
I haven’t played with the Platinum M, but I have played with the S and H. I bought the S when it came but it was too bouncy for me. Tried the H recently and really liked it. Liked it even more then Tenergy 05.

For the moment I only play with hybrids, but if I would go back to classic euro/jap rubbers I would definitely consider Platinum H.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
My main concern would be durability. Not because that's effectively a price factor, but because I value reliable long-term performance (or in other words: graceful degradation).

An otherwise excellent rubber that steeply sags off in a couple of weeks (looking at you, Rasant Grip!) is effectively unreliable to me. I don't want to second guess every hit and miss.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
What a bunch of bull crap, You can not consider Your personal discount, lol.
And actually I quoted the wrong (without sales tax) for DNA, the correct one is 70 Euros (vs ~60 for Tenergy).
What a bunch of horse shit, how a public available discount offered by the store become my personal discount? If you want to ignore the fact that OP lives in the states, then that’s your problem. I’m just stating the real price one can get over here, and that’s what matters, not what you can find. And like I said, it’s really easy to get that 30% discount on DNA Platinum , so easy that it takes no effort and can be considered the actual purchase price. While it’s way harder to buy tenergy at a lower price. I’m comparing a purchase that one can make, with no extra steps, and 3-day delivery, and no need to worry counterfeits.

If you want to compare the lowest one can get, there are way more options out there, for example DNA Platinum can be found for around 200-240 CNY, while tenergy is around 450-500 CNY. And that’s the none discounted price from official web stores or authorized distributors in China. But does that even matter for people not living in China? You’ll need to pay a lot more for shipping, and it usually takes at least 10-14 days.

Last edited: