Test TT Ball Speed

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
How hard can you hit a table tennis ball?

We want to have a go on one of these :)

androballspeed.jpg

Which player do you think would be able to hit the ball the hardest on one of these? We think Ma Lin :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I only wonder, why they dont try backhand more..
Not sure, but I think I might be able to do faster shot with backhand than with forehand..
But measuring like that would make me sure :)

Haha yes I want a go on one of these. I think they use fh to get more backswing to greater the ball speed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
My boss Lark Brandt holds the current guiness world record for fastest table tennis smash from an event with speed reading in 2003, it was something like 115.2km/h

In the Netherlands some people have done it too with the speed test thing... I think they didn't have people from the World record book though. Jelle Bosman hit a 130 km/h so I don't think the current Guiness record really is a record :p Professional players should be able to go over 150 km/h I guess.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hmm.. Since Torben Wosik is a professional and he hit only 57 .. I dont really think they would be able to do 150 :)

But we never know unless they try..

I think they do, but I believe the test can be quite inaccurate sometimes. So that could be a reason for suprising results :p And I guess Torben can hit harder than that :p 50 km/h means that you can't hit a ball faster than a cyclist drives his bike :p. For a tt ball that is really slow. Tennis players hit over 200 km/h in some serves.

This user has no status.
It depends very much on how you set up the whole equipment and how you measure and so on, it can be really inaccurate and fault-prone..
Borussia Düsseldorf always has such a contest at their home games in the german league and champions league, the results can be found here:
http://www.borussia-duesseldorf.com/deutsch/fans/contest.html
There the Pros achieved about 90-115 Km/h so I guess a record of about 130 is realistic..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Once in European champions league, I think in 2000 or 2001, there was a match Kreanga vs. Chila.
When Kreanga had matchpoints, Chila served, Kreanga didnt read the spin, ball popped out and .. bang..
Chila hit the ball so hard, it went so fast, that they were not even sure if that was on the table..
I think that one might go over 130 km/h..
But we will never know..

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Once in European champions league, I think in 2000 or 2001, there was a match Kreanga vs. Chila.
When Kreanga had matchpoints, Chila served, Kreanga didnt read the spin, ball popped out and .. bang..
Chila hit the ball so hard, it went so fast, that they were not even sure if that was on the table..
But we will never know..

Haha thats awesome! Is there a video of this shot?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
But we will never know..

Haha thats awesome! Is there a video of this shot?

Yes, sure it is..
I have it even on my VHS tape, hehe, its one from the memorable matches for me..
Chila trying huge spin shots on Kreanga, topspin, sidespin.. and Kreanga just smashing it back like it was nothing..
And then at 20:13, 7 matchpoints to Kreanga, this shot from Chila comes..
I found it only with french commentary, I have it on a tape with EN..
Just still have no idea how to put it into computer..

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes, sure it is..
I have it even on my VHS tape, hehe, its one from the memorable matches for me..
Chila trying huge spin shots on Kreanga, topspin, sidespin.. and Kreanga just smashing it back like it was nothing..
And then at 20:13, 7 matchpoints to Kreanga, this shot from Chila comes..
I found it only with french commentary, I have it on a tape with EN..
Just still have no idea how to put it into computer..

This one by Chila is faster than Schlager's by a lot.