The best purchase you ever made?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Ovtcharov ALC Dignics both sides~£220

Bought in Taiwan.
Serious question:

I am just getting nicely acquainted with Tenergy 05 on my FH. Lovely lil'thing it is really. But due to the 11.11 Shopee best deal ever I bought Dignics 05.

My question, good sir, is it easy to transition from T05 to D05? Is it really better? I am asking for the FH side. As for BH, I am very very comfortable with T05, as I have been using it for a much much longer period on BH compared to FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Serious question:

I am just getting nicely acquainted with Tenergy 05 on my FH. Lovely lil'thing it is really. But due to the 11.11 Shopee best deal ever I bought Dignics 05.

My question, good sir, is it easy to transition from T05 to D05? Is it really better? I am asking for the FH side. As for BH, I am very very comfortable with T05, as I have been using it for a much much longer period on BH compared to FH.
I will be interested to hear how you find them - to me they are pretty different. T05 is heaven in practice and hell in matches - it is just too bouncy and spin reactive for me. D05 is slightly more restrained and I find the harder sponge and better top sheet make it easier to use (not easy but easier) I think D05 is a superior rubber in almost every respect but it lacks a certain something that T05 has that makes it so tempting to keep going back to it...

This user has no status.
Serious question:

Tenergy is very 'stiff' in a way as you cannot change the speed when playing with it; it will always output the same speed when blocking, pushing ect. Dignics doesn't do that, and provides the variable speed and control in shots, and is faster on the fast shots, but slower on the passive.

This is why people hae said Dignics is faster than Tenergy, and people have said its slower.

Dignics 05 and 80 are not the most controllable out of the dignics, which the 09c being the most controllable with its tackiness adding stability on serve and the short game.

This is why the 09c fh and the 05 backhand is popular, the 09c provides stability in the short game on the fh but also provides spin and power, while the normally safer bakhand gets Dignics 05 with the slightly faster speed to compensate for the swing speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
W968, no regret
i second this. no matter how much i try different blades, i still go back to my 968.
the blade and H3 are made for each other - spin is enormous and power ramping is never a problem.
people can say the price is absurd but at the end of the day, i'd rather have that than paying a couple hundreds here and there and still not be happy.
with 968 I only need to focus on the game and nothing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbtitco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
i second this. no matter how much i try different blades, i still go back to my 968.
the blade with H3 are made for each other - spin is enormous and power ramping is never a problem.
people can say the price is absurd but at the end of the day, i'd rather have that then paying a couple hundreds here and there and still not be happy.
with 968 and I only need to focus on the game and nothing else.

Yeah exactly. The only blade that I have played for over two years 😂😂

But mine is the letter version. How I wish I can own a number version, an official W968

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Yeah exactly. The only blade that I have played for over two years 😂😂

But mine is the letter version. How I wish I can own a number version, an official W968
from my experience the letter version is not too superior to Long 5X. in comparison the official 968 is more crisp and more powerful.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Where did you get deals like that? Those star version is $83 USD a sheet!
Taobao. Played like real aswell so I'm sure it was real. It came straight from dhs shanghai factory too. Taobao was doing a huge sale for all products in early november, its annual I think. Just wait till november 2024

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I bought a brand new Nittaku Violin with new Fastarc G-1 rubbers on both sides - all for £91. Didn't know anything about Nittaku at the time, so didn't even realise it was quite a bargain until a year or so later, when I switched to Acoustic. )))
now u prefer Acoustic wood with G1 ?, your experience?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Dhs goldarc 8 how was the speed and spin ?
OK. GA8 is sometimes compared to Rakza 7 and XIOM Vega X, so I'll do it as I played with both.
I'd say GA8 has higher throw, lower arc and is grippier, faster and spinnier than Rakza 7. It is slower than XIOM Vega X with similar amount of spin, throw and arc.
It's actually pretty similar to G-1 in terms of throw, spin and speed (maybe a bit faster, but G-1 may give you a bit lower arc and more aggressive kick) but the feeling is very different.
GA8 is bouncy like all German tensors, but not too much and to me it's better than G-1 at close game: flicks, thin brushes, opening etc. My gripe with G-1 is that the ball may slip on thin contact, you need to push it through the topsheet all the time.
GA8 is more elastic and dwelly and catches the ball better. But at the same time GA8 does not feel soft like Vega X. With Vega X you feel how the ball sinks deep into the rubber (similar to T05). It's not the case with GA8, the pimples are thicker/denser, it feels supple and dwelly but dense and retains full control when hit hard. So it won't bottom up unlike some softer tensors. It sort of puts the speed limit but gives you confidence to hit the ball hard.

Last edited: