The drop shot executed to absolute perfection!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Alright. Now I am really psyched. Check it out. The Jugaadu master and his phenomenal jugaad backboard drop shot rivaling Waldner himself:

This post came from a new Siva thread called "Walk the Talk: my drop shot collection":

Here, for the first time I was able to change the setting to 60fps slowmotion. But, this muted the audio, don't really know why that happens. Somebody could enlighten on that.

So, I will speak about the challenges in this drill. Here, since I use the table placed near the net, the ball travel time is reduced by 50% and since i self hit them, I lose sometime to recover as well. Combined with the unpredictable return together creates that lag time when I get to the ball. Other than that I should not have other qualms. I leave it to pundits on their take.

And, yes, as predicted, the high quality return he is getting with all that spin for him to counter is off a coffee table placed sideways.

Clearly a high quality topspin ball from a real high level player could not compare to the difficulty level of countering a no spin ball off a coffee table.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Mate I'm sorry but I could teach any kiddo from my club how to do that within 5 minutes and unfortunately I wouldn't consider any of them to be a tabletennis prodigy nor am I an extraordinary teacher. On top of that, I don't think I would have to edit and cut the video to get rid of the outtakes.

I've read through the entire thing and I feel like I'm on 4chan :D Btw, the orange ball is broken, might wanna make an investment there and get a replacement.

And to not be considered offtopic, initial clip is cool.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Alright. Now I am really psyched. Check it out. The Jugaadu master and his phenomenal jugaad backboard drop shot rivaling Waldner himself:

This post came from a new Siva thread called "Walk the Talk: my drop shot collection":

And, yes, as predicted, the high quality return he is getting with all that spin for him to counter is off a coffee table placed sideways.

Clearly a high quality topspin ball from a real high level player could not compare to the difficulty level of countering a no spin ball off a coffee table.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Doesn't the topspin make it much easier because when the blade is closed it just pops back with backspin and helping the sroke. I sm sctually countering some backspin but it doesnt make any difference that way.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Mate I'm sorry but I could teach any kiddo from my club how to do that within 5 minutes and unfortunately I wouldn't consider any of them to be a tabletennis prodigy nor am I an extraordinary teacher. On top of that, I don't think I would have to edit and cut the video to get rid of the outtakes.

I've read through the entire thing and I feel like I'm on 4chan :D Btw, the orange ball is broken, might wanna make an investment there and get a replacement.

And to not be considered offtopic, initial clip is cool.

Since I recorded in 60fps the 10 min video is already over 3 GB. I overran my internet quota as well, so Sorry. I didn't say this to be extraordinary but i dont see the original post to be extraordinary as well. If the ball is fed that way, it will take me 5 minutes as well to adjust to that topspin. If that is considered prodigy then very well I can't argue against that.

I promise you the next time I will get someone to feed me the ball, then there are gonna be qualms about the feeder not able to generate top spin like the US Player. So, nothing changes there as well. So, I better stick with words :)

Yes, the orange ball was broken. Cool, you have very good eyes :)

says what [IMG]
Siva, if you can't see how lacking your shot is compared to the video originally posted, I don't know what to say. There was no need at all to make such a fuss if this is what you deliver.

@Tryzerlol

No one on 4chan takes themselves seriously (Unless you miss the point and choose to identify yourself), and they mostly have a good sense of humor and occasionally deliver. You were a bit too generous with that comparison IMO. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Do you feel like a better player now for letting us all know that this is baby stuff and you can do better?

I'm tired of reading this kind of stuff all the time. People are working hard to produce media content and insiders on their training and tournaments and all they get met with is negative feedback.

Go out and film yourself doing this with a blindfold. Seriously, they are waiting for you over on reddit.

haahahha i love it when someone like matt gets pissed off by internet boasting. I know for a fact how annoying/ridiculous it can be and lets face it most of the people would say "pay no attention matt you do your job, its nonsense" but then again I just enjoy these moments of internet self crowning followed by a bit off a ass whooping

This user has no status.
@Tryzerlol

No one on 4chan takes themselves seriously (Unless you miss the point and choose to identify yourself), and they mostly have a good sense of humor and occasionally deliver. You were a bit too generous with that comparison IMO. ;)

There are a few special snowflakes every now and then who take themselves very seriously on 4chan and I sometimes can't tell whether someone is just completely delusional or trolling the shit out of everybody else. This is the scenario I wanted to compare it to ;p

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
In the last thread, some pompous madder got his ass whooped. It is all the time easy to misconstrue when there is less experience. However, my stand remains the same for the dropshot. I just recorded these in the morning after I realised I didn't get the sense of difference between a dropshot and a short push. This video took the shortest time for me to record as the topspin in the ball just does the job at the correct angles. I hope I answered what I meant about the execution of the shot. From what I understood, more the topspin much easier to control provided reaching the ball early. I leave it again to the pundits to look for what I have missed.

So, I will leave it to you guys to judge is this any good. I am happy that others see myself as snowflake. It is always hard to be something on either direction of the moral scale. That shows some effort :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, I will leave it to you guys to judge is this any good. I am happy that others see myself as snowflake. It is always hard to be something on either direction of the moral scale. That shows some effort :D

The reason your balance is so good, the exquisite foot position and the big bend in your knees.

There is an excellent one at about 2:13 where you almost topple over and plant your left hand on the table to help you keep your balance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
The reason your balance is so good, the exquisite foot position and the big bend in your knees.

There is an excellent one at about 2:13 where you almost topple over and plant your left hand on the table to help you keep your balance.

If that is sarcastic, the balance is difficult because I am tripping forward while chopping the ball to wall, it disturbs the setup. I would prefer somebody feeding all the day. It also provides ample time for each stroke instead of a reaction from wall where the arch is shallow.

The next time, i will try a different camera angle, which helps me for sure to get good feeback

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
You claimed you can do the same as in the original video. That's not the same: it's a lower quality imitation.

It's literally the same thing as when I compared my spin level to high level players' spin level, while missing the point.

More power to you Sir, you are definitely qualified to be Critiquing at ESPN Sports Center.

K here is the spin lesson 101. If you chop the ball in the horizontal axis, there is no reaction for the spin on vertical axis. That is how Chiquita works. This drop shot works in the same principle. It doesn't ****ing matter it you meet them on the right axis.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If that is sarcastic, the balance is difficult because I am tripping forward while chopping the ball to wall, it disturbs the setup. I would prefer somebody feeding all the day. It also provides ample time for each stroke instead of a reaction from wall where the arch is shallow.

The next time, i will try a different camera angle, which helps me for sure to get good feeback

If you knew what your feet were supposed to be doing, you would not be falling over.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I need some time to figure out what you mean. I felt the position was completely wrong. I ll look again what i have done wrong.

With all your talk, I do think you should know this yourself. There are a few things you are supposed to do with your feet on any ball over the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
With all your talk, I do think you should know this yourself. There are a few things you are supposed to do with your feet on any ball over the table.

I have to stretch my upper body fully to reach the ball as it is close to the net. How is it possible to keep the knees bend, if that is what you mean?

says what [IMG]
Siva, have you ever received a serve that's low and very short close to the net? From what you're saying, it sounds like you never have.

Maybe because I am short and with short arms just to add to it, I need to always in all cases use the proper footwork for short balls because I don't come anywhere close to the net if I don't, but somehow I can't believe that even if you're 190 -200cm tall you won't need to bend at all.

Somehow I find it hard to believe that you don't know the footwork for receiving short balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
K here is this thing, Many have come to conclusions on what I can and can't . So, if there are some players from Hamburg in our community, let's play together for some sets in your respective club or in my dorm. Doesn't matter if it is Tenergy or Super FX, we will get it recorded and posted in TTD to see how well that goes. I hope this settles many doubts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Siva, have you ever received a serve that's low and very short close to the net? From what you're saying, it sounds like you never have.

Maybe because I am short and with short arms just to add to it, I need to always in all cases use the proper footwork for short balls because I don't come anywhere close to the net if I don't, but somehow I can't believe that even if you're 190 -200cm tall you won't need to bend at all.

Somehow I find it hard to believe that you don't know the footwork for receiving short balls.

The drill was about the touch and spin neutralisation. Footwork was not my focus, I do know how it should be done. It is just funny to read these comments :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I have to stretch my upper body fully to reach the ball as it is close to the net. How is it possible to keep the knees bend, if that is what you mean?

Good to know. I am going to start working on this technique you use for reaching short balls. The footwork potential is through the roof. :)