The slowest stiff blades on the market

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I never had a Toxic 3 but I have a Toxic 5 that I use as a hard bat. I have posted high speed videos of my Toxic 5. It is easy to see why these blades are so slow. After impact that paddle flexes backwards yet the ball bounces off before the blade starts to move forwards. The blade to not push the ball back on the rebound so all the energy that is used to flex the blade is lost.

basically any defensive blade, or a blade with no carbon. 7 ply woodblades are pretty slow in general

Thanks for the answers. Classic DEF blades usually have a large flex and vibration . For me, it is a slow but rigid construction.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

TSP Blockman II - super slow, light defensive blade - Japan Made​

The TSP Blockman II is ideal for a close-to-the-table defender. The higher grain wood makes this blade idea for pushing and blocking. The TSP Blockman II is a perfectly balanced 5 all wood five ply blade that is suited for blocking, hitting, spinning and counter punching.

Its light weight, relatively stiff, and great absorption of power, enables for high performance blocking and spinning close to the table, with supreme control.

Characteristics:​

• Plies: 5
  • Speed: very low
  • Control: extremely high
  • Thickness: ~6.2mm
  • Typical weight ~75g
  • Style: Defensive close-in
  • MADE IN JAPAN

Reactions: MarekD
Thank you. Too bad this blade is no longer made, this brand doesn't even exist anymore. In our country, I have never even seen it being offered as a gift.

Does anyone know the composition of this blade?
Více o zdrojovém textu