This info will save you a lot of money !

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i succesfully restored a Tibhar Genius (red 1,8mm , the standard Genius!) with paraffine on the sponge and on the outer surface, the Genius was really completely inable to generate any spin
now i would guess it has 90% of its spin back !!

Step by step, how did you do it. How much did you put on the sponge? How much on the topsheet? How many layers? How long did you wait while the paraffin sunk in?

This user has no status.
Step by step, how did you do it. How much did you put on the sponge? How much on the topsheet? How many layers? How long did you wait while the paraffin sunk in?
i used normal lamp oil paraffine, i put just one layer of paraffine on the sponge with a brush (maybe 2 teaspoons of oil, really not much, just to cover the sponge with one thin layer)), let it dry for an hour , just 3 drops on the topsheet, rubbed these in evenly on the surface with my finger and a wait of lets say also an hour

glued the rubber to the blade with standard water based glue

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
i used normal lamp oil paraffine, i put just one layer of paraffine on the sponge with a brush (maybe 2 teaspoons of oil, really not much, just to cover the sponge with one thin layer)), let it dry for an hour , just 3 drops on the topsheet, rubbed these in evenly on the surface with my finger and a wait of lets say also an hour

glued the rubber to the blade with standard water based glue

And you put the glue on after the paraffin sunk in: after the the 1 hour wait after you put the paraffin on?

This user has no status.
And you put the glue on after the paraffin sunk in: after the the 1 hour wait after you put the paraffin on?

i glue after 1 hour , but you can wait even longer if you want to
the whole process is really not that time critical, you can experiment a little depending on your rubber

this thread is supposed to inform everybody on which rubbers you revived , so we can get to know which ones work well on paraffine

as a rule of thumb i would say all the rubbers that are made of 100% natural rubber should react very well on the paraffine (or WD40)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
That's actually some really nice tips ! Although i stoped buying rubbers even if i propably should ;) I'll still try this out and see what happens. Thanks for the idea ! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
i glue after 1 hour , but you can wait even longer if you want to
the whole process is really not that time critical, you can experiment a little depending on your rubber

this thread is supposed to inform everybody on which rubbers you revived , so we can get to know which ones work well on paraffine

as a rule of thumb i would say all the rubbers that are made of 100% natural rubber should react very well on the paraffine (or WD40)

Is that means, i can also use WD40 instead of paraffine/lamp oil/karosene and apply it 2 layers on the sponge and few drops on the top sheet (as what u did) and get the same result? How do you get rid of the smell from the paraffin?

This user has no status.
i haved now misture olive oil + lemon juice and applied one layer on the topsheet of a old rubber. i will tell you the result in half hour. (much more olive oil than lemon juice)

ok i think it works. i used a tackiness-D almost dead and now i can generate some more spin. i am waiting to see the result in a long term of period and then apply in my bat. it is safe to apply in my bat?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Tens de ter cuidado, eu fiz isso na minha H3 e ela expandiu muito. A borracha ficou também com um aspecto diferente. Por outro lado, ficou mais "saltitona" e não parece tão morta.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Para o meu gosto sim porque a borracha fica um pouco mais mole também. O que eu faço é usar o óleo de bebe, 2 a 3 camadas para expandir a esponja, depois colo e aplico o oleo de bebe na borracha o que cria ainda mais tensão. Acho que fica bastante mais jogável. Nunca tive problemas com bolhas na H3 mas tive numa LKT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
O que resulta melhor até é vaselina líquida que é o componente principal do óleo de bebe. Encontras à venda no maxmat muito barato.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Yeah, sorry. Basically i just said that i use paraffin oil to boost my h3 and it works better than baby or olive oil. Apllied on the topsheet after glueing it creates more tension because she expands alot. The topsheet looks and plays different. I like it, some may not...

Reactions: revulucao
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Yeah, sorry. Basically i just said that i use paraffin oil to boost my h3 and it works better than baby or olive oil. Apllied on the topsheet after glueing it creates more tension because she expands alot. The topsheet looks and plays different. I like it, some may not...

hello hipnotic..can you list step by step in detail how do you apply parrafin oil on your h3? how do you get rid smell of parrafin / kerosene oil? and did your rubber bubbled after you apply it? thx.

Reactions: revulucao
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I may have said the name wrong because i don't know the exact translation. What i use is a outdoor lamp oil, it doesn't have any smell and is red in color. I also use liquid paraffin. The lamp oil has a faster drying period and a more pronounced effect than the liquid paraffin but doesn't last as long. After some experimenting what i do for untuned rubbers is:
Apply the lamp oil to the sponge, one teaspoon more or less and spread with a brush. Let it dry
Apply the liquid paraffin, spread and let it dry (Half a day normally)
If the rubber is very curled i stop, otherwise i repeat the last step.
Glue the rubber to the blade.
On chinese rubbers i apply about two layers of liquid paraffin to the rubber, letting them dry between applications. This step creates more tension in the rubber because the topsheet expands alot. It almost seems it will jump out of the bat.
If you do this last step with the rubber unglued you will reverse de dome making the rubber easier to glue but i think it turns out too mushy for my taste.