Tibhar Hybrid MK review

This user has no status.
Got mine in the mail today, Black Max on FH, Red 2.0 on BH, on a Stuor Long V clone (inner ALC). With my first time glueing I did a bit of a bad job on the FH, so have to reglue that side.

Lovely combo, lovely feeling in the blade. Needed very little time adjusting, little more on the BH side. Can play lovely low balls, great angles, love it in the serve, receive and short game. Doesn't seem to have a really high top speed, but you can kill points with spin, low arch and angles.

Got my first match on Friday, gonna reglue the FH tomorrow and see how my matches go with it!

This user has no status.
... Got my first match on Friday, gonna reglue the FH tomorrow and see how my matches go with it!
Matches went okay, but something was missing in the overall experience, felt a bit mushy.

I've now reglued the Hybrid MK's to my Butterfly BalsaCarbo X7 since thats a bit stiffer than the Stuor blade. Looks botched, because the rubber doesn't reach the sides, both frames having a bit of weird size apparently.

Not sure if the Hybrid MK and the BalsaCarbo is the right match will try it in training on Tuesday. Got another Stuor blade coming soon, with outer ALC carbon, so I hope that that is faster and harder (and that the rubbers fit a bit better to it.

We'll see after some training sessions and the new Stuor blade what I can make of the Hybrid MK's. They feel like amazing rubbers, but they need a hard and fast blade to come fully alive it seems.

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
Matches went okay, but something was missing in the overall experience, felt a bit mushy.

I've now reglued the Hybrid MK's to my Butterfly BalsaCarbo X7 since thats a bit stiffer than the Stuor blade. Looks botched, because the rubber doesn't reach the sides, both frames having a bit of weird size apparently.

Not sure if the Hybrid MK and the BalsaCarbo is the right match will try it in training on Tuesday. Got another Stuor blade coming soon, with outer ALC carbon, so I hope that that is faster and harder (and that the rubbers fit a bit better to it.

We'll see after some training sessions and the new Stuor blade what I can make of the Hybrid MK's. They feel like amazing rubbers, but they need a hard and fast blade to come fully alive it seems.
Interesting. Do you think it will work on a stiga hybrid wood (9 layers all wood)?

This user has no status.
Interesting. Do you think it will work on a stiga hybrid wood (9 layers all wood)?
Don't know the blade you mentioned, but the way to go seems a hard and fast blade for the Hybrid MK's. OP of this topic switched to faster and more nervous blade too for the Hybrid MK.

If your blade is hard and fast, Hybrid MK is a solid choice it seems

Reactions: JOOGEL
This user has no status.

Got in a training session with the Hybrid MK's on my BalsaCarbo blade.
Felt great, but I am missing some top end speed, probably down to the blade.

Also tested my other setup yesterday (Stuor Long V clone with Xiom Vega X both sides).
More top speed, much less control over the table, but thats most likely down to my adjustment to the racket and technique.

I hope the Hybrid MK's on the Viscaria-esque Stuor-blade is the right match.
If it doesn't lose it's amazing feeling in the serve/receive game and maybe gain some speed and possibly arch on the offense, I think we have a winner :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Has anyone boosted the Hybrid MK?

I know that the low catapult is what the Rubber is made for, but a little more Support would be nice 😉
The soft topsheet needs a firmer sponge behind it. If you boost my guess is it will feel mushy and will lose its great playing characteristics. If you want a bit of catapult then go for another rubber.

This user has no status.
... I hope the Hybrid MK's on the Viscaria-esque Stuor-blade is the right match.
Got the blade in the mail today, glued the Hybrid MK's onto it right away.

First touches feel great, gonna try it extensively on Tuesday, but it feels like a winning combo already!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
I used it through two sheets. My second sheet I took off before it ran out of life though. I know I haven't used it too long, but I am playing/practicing 5 times a week so it's hard to expect a rubber to last a long time. My only gripe with it is the same gripe I had with Rasanter - the topsheet marks up fairly quickly. I don't really care that much since it doesn't seem to lose grip, but then it started getting really hot and humid out around here and it started getting worse.

Overall though I still loved it performance wise and actually miss it. I felt so good on serve/receive, and I felt amazing at counter topspin as well as really good if I was looping from half balance or out of position - felt like I could always spin the ball back on the table and maintain quality. It's missing the 'top end' speed a lot of people love, but I felt like It had plenty of power anyway. I was always confident playing counter to the point where I started really leaning into just playing to counter openings, and always feeling like I was in control of what I was doing. One of the grippiest rubbers I've ever experienced. You can really feel it bite the ball.

As far as my playing level, I'm one of the players of all time.

says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
I have similar experiences with beeray. I have been playing a lot lately and one of my sheets is starting to show some wear (not sure how many hours exactly because I switched between blades a few times) but still plays fine. It's a very safe rubber with a huge amount of spin, not the greatest speed. Better players than me struggle with good topspins because of the arc/spin so the lack of speed is no big deal. It's also very easy to block and flat hit with, something grippy rubbers lack sometimes. I love that it doesn't play like a brick like most new hybrid rubbers, nice and soft feeling yet it never bottoms out for me. Still has a huge amount of control in the short game even though it's a little softer.

For my playing style it's hard to find any downsides to be honest so I can see myself sticking with it for a long time.

Reactions: JOOGEL
This user has no status.
Been trying out the Hybrid MK on both sides of a Stuor Outer-ALC (Viscaria clone) type blade.
Takes some getting used too, mainly used softer blades in the past, but the combo feels great.

A lot of control and spin in the serve and receive game and the blade has been great on all my forehand strokes so far. Backhand openings and topspins take some more getting used to, but I feel like it will take just a couple of sessions to get used to.

My experience also re-affirms what has been said in this tread previously, the Hybrid MK rubbers like a hard and fast blade. Going too soft and slow on your blade, will take away any life and feeling out of the set-up. Outer-carbon or a hard all-wood blade feels like the way to go.

To me it feels like a great forehand option for anyone who doesn't like a lot of catapult and/or plays for the rally. If your game revolves around spin this is a very good rubber. On the backhand it might lack a little catapult that some people might need, depending on your playing style and what your are used to. I am gonna play around myself with trying out the Max thickness on my BH, seeing if that makes a difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Thinking of trying this on my virtuoso +. Is it significantly different compared to the el-d?

Backhand is my strongest side - powerful loop, strong punch and safe block. Using the el-d feels perfect for my backhand and ok on forehand, but as I'm quite tall (190cm) and my forehand swing is long I feel that I would benefit from a more controlled rubber. Seems that the MK may suit for me or what do you think?

Last edited:
says [IMG]
New update on durability.

So I kept using the MK rubbers although the FH noticeably lost its performance. Tried it on a few blades and I remove the old glue layer after about 3 times glueing the rubber. By experience , I know removing the old glue is a real risk. The sponge takes a beating of course, but it also causes shrinkage of the rubber. And Hybrik MK is no exception. As mentioned in previous posts, I used my FH (red) rubber lot longer compared to BH (black) and the difference is clearly noticable. Because of the shrinkage, I would not use the red rubber for any match play anymore.

I'm still very satisfied with the rubber and new ones are already on the way.

Below a picture of the sponge after 4-5 times removing the old glue layer. And a picture of the black rubber, which I removed the glue layer 2-3 times. The sponge of the black rubber still looks decent.
I always use the same glue: Revolution 3 Medium.

HybrikMK_Red.jpg
HybrikMK_Black.jpg

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
I've played on and off with 2 blades the last month, basicly to decide what setup to start the season with. Stuor Long V clone with Xiom Vega X on both sides and Stuor Viscaria Clone with Hybrid MK both sides.

Both setups have pros and cons, but all in all I've settled on using the setup with the Hybrid MK's. Versus lower rated players I prefer the more catapulty Vega X setup, but against players who are better and play with more spin, the Hybrid MK setup works a treat.

Excellent serve and receive, great shortplay, and enough speed to hit through a ball and kill a point. Both blades require different technique, so switching between blades in one session is quite hard.

I don't play that often, especially in the off season right now, so my topsheets are holding up fine for now. From what I am reading it seems like a 6 month rubber for me, changing in between local competition seasons. It does seem like a glue once, never remove rubber tho, as I can report the exact same beating to the sponge with removing the glue and reglueing the rubber. The Vega X's were notably easier to handle in that department!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I finally tried the hybrid mk today. Borrowed from a clubmate with mk on HL5. My impression is that it is extremely underwhelming. It is slightly tacky, similar to bluegrip s1 but probably slightly less tacky.

On the fh, it feels to be not grippy enough and not hard enough. I missed a number of opening loops because i dont feel it lifting the ball enough.

On the backhand it feels slow and just very underwheling. I didnt see where its supposedly better than bluegrip s1.

I finally tried the hybrid mk today. Borrowed from a clubmate with mk on HL5. My impression is that it is extremely underwhelming. It is slightly tacky, similar to bluegrip s1 but probably slightly less tacky.

On the fh, it feels to be not grippy enough and not hard enough. I missed a number of opening loops because i dont feel it lifting the ball enough.

On the backhand it feels slow and just very underwheling. I didnt see where its supposedly better than bluegrip s1.
Compare it to Z2 can you?

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
After I ventured away from using MK on the forehand for a while to try a couple of other things, namely MX-S (which i did like a lot overall, just was a little hot for me), I put it back on before a local tournament and it was like hugging an old friend. Used it in the tournament and played well with it. The sheet I'm using now is very very well used, but it's still holding up grip wise and I didn't have any issues with the heat/humidity. I'm going to give it a try on the backhand as well, just in 2.0 instead of max like on FH. Even though it's slower than Dynaryz CMD which has been my BH rubber for a long time, it's not slow. The grip and stability of it I feel is going to up my confidence on that side even more, so we'll see. Just ordered some more.

I'm pretty sure this is just my forehand rubber now though. I feel so confident in opening, in close counter topspin, passive open play, and over the table or serve/receive. Honestly being an aesthetics guy, the only downside at this point for me is the boring white sponge lol. But I'm just going to leave my equipment alone until the L.A. Open is done, and then maybe I'll mess around some more.

Reactions: hclnnkhg