Timo Boll ALC vs Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC?

NDH

says Spin to win!
The difference is very minimal to be honest.

The OALC has an ever so slightly softer feel, but it's not noticeable in the way The Harimoto ALC or Innerforce ALC is vs the TB ALC.

Speed/Control etc are minimal again.

TBALC will be slightly quicker, but not really that noticeable.

Rubbers wise..... Just go with what you'd normally use.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Club member sold his Viscaria in exchange for a TB alc. he regrets that he did. so he bought a 94 gram Harimoto and that blade he loves. So I think the feel differs more than a little.
The Viscaria and TB ALC are virtually the same blade - Difference in feel between them is negligible at best (source.... I've used them both).

The Harimoto is noticeably softer and slower than both the TB and Viscaria - It really does feel like an inner force blade.

However, with the thicker core, the Ovtcharov ALC is *much* more similar to the TBALC/Viscaria feel, so the difference is very small once again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
The Viscaria and TB ALC are virtually the same blade - Difference in feel between them is negligible at best (source.... I've used them both).

The Harimoto is noticeably softer and slower than both the TB and Viscaria - It really does feel like an inner force blade.

However, with the thicker core, the Ovtcharov ALC is *much* more similar to the TBALC/Viscaria feel, so the difference is very small once again.
All I can add to this, having used all three, is that the handle makes a fair bit if difference to the overall feel. I preferred the larger chunkier handle on the Viscaria and OALC than the smaller flared on the TBALC. I also found the Boll just felt a little harder and crisper than the other two (and also the ZK ALC)

NDH

says Spin to win!
All I can add to this, having used all three, is that the handle makes a fair bit if difference to the overall feel. I preferred the larger chunkier handle on the Viscaria and OALC than the smaller flared on the TBALC. I also found the Boll just felt a little harder and crisper than the other two (and also the ZK ALC)
I was using the ST handle on both the VIS and TB - From memory (could be wrong), they were the same square design, shape and feel.

You'll get differences in weight, and I agree that if a handle is smaller, it can feel different in the hand.

The actual play style of the 2 I tested were virtually identical - But blade weight, handle and overall feel will always come into it.

Put it this way, I don't think I could advise someone to switch from one to the other unless they really liked the design.

Same with TBALC/VIS and OALC..... I just don't think people would get the benefit of switching as they are too similar to each other.

You'd have to drop down to the Harimoto before you gained any benefit (IMO, anyway!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I was using the ST handle on both the VIS and TB - From memory (could be wrong), they were the same square design, shape and feel.

You'll get differences in weight, and I agree that if a handle is smaller, it can feel different in the hand.

The actual play style of the 2 I tested were virtually identical - But blade weight, handle and overall feel will always come into it.

Put it this way, I don't think I could advise someone to switch from one to the other unless they really liked the design.

Same with TBALC/VIS and OALC..... I just don't think people would get the benefit of switching as they are too similar to each other.

You'd have to drop down to the Harimoto before you gained any benefit (IMO, anyway!)
Unless they've changed design recently, the Viscaria straight handle is a round straight. It's about the same thickness as the Boll square straight handle but feels a little smaller (in my hand) because of the shape.

I've also played several of the Viscaria family blades for years, and have found the Boll Alc to be the most different (harder feel, faster play) from the others. It's not a big difference, but enough that I very much prefer the Viscaria or ZJK to the Boll. Shows how subjective this is.

Reactions: NDH and Wrighty67