Training vs Tournament ?

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Training vs Tournament 🏓

Hey guys,
I had the idea to make a video long time ago, comparing the stuff we do during training vs tournaments.
Is not that awesome to see how the training sessions prepare us to play a match? 😍 and how identical they could be?
I made a short video on YouTube. I would love to see your "training vs match" videos.
I will keep saving material for a longer video in the future.
Have a great week ahead 🥳🏓🔥

Hey guys,
I had the idea to make a video long time ago, comparing the stuff we do during training vs tournaments.
Is not that awesome to see how the training sessions prepare us to play a match? 😍 and how identical they could be?
I made a short video on YouTube. I would love to see your "training vs match" videos.

You seem to be so relaxed while training!!! But what's really impressive is you can stay that relaxed while playing matches!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! That's one hell of F.H you have got !!!! Nice video!!!

• Love
Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

You seem to be so relaxed while training!!! But what's really impressive is you can stay that relaxed while playing matches!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! That's one hell of F.H you have got !!!! Nice video!!!

That's one of my goals for 2023.
Stay always relaxed. I know I have a lot of room to improve on that part. And improve the reaction time. 🙌

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Nice!

II wish I could take my training shots across to matches that well - my level of anxiety and desire to win seem to tighten me up and inhibit both my movement and my clarity of thinking.
I think any player has had that problem. Sometimes I'm too "Wild" and the "Anxiety" helps to make unforced errors.
For example. In a match during US Open, I was down 10-7 in the 5th game, and then I came back 11-10 and I missed a FH and finally lost 14-12. Anxiety made me to miss a shot and loss the match 😭
But I learned my lesson.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I think any player has had that problem. Sometimes I'm too "Wild" and the "Anxiety" helps to make unforced errors.
For example. In a match during US Open, I was down 10-7 in the 5th game, and then I came back 11-10 and I missed a FH and finally lost 14-12. Anxiety made me to miss a shot and loss the match 😭
But I learned my lesson.

Yes, I am sure you are correct.

Do share any tips for staying relaxed!

That's one of my goals for 2023.
Stay always relaxed. I know I have a lot of room to improve on that part. And improve the reaction time. 🙌

staying relaxed will automatically improve your reaction time !!! You will react differently in pressure situations as you get used to staying relaxed during match play!!!! Carry on with the good work as your game will improve so much the more you are able to relax!!!!

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Yes, I am sure you are correct.

Do share any tips for staying relaxed!

I think many things can contribute to help you to be relaxed.
I don't remember exactly the post but some guys were doing many tips on this topic.
- It sounds obvious but if you train more, you get more confidence in a match.
- Take care of your breath. Before I was too tense 😬 and my breath was too fast and sometimes I held my breath just before to start the point. "UNFORCED BODY ERRORS 😄"

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
I like how you do a flick and are ready to hit the next forehand loop.

When I flick, I'm just waiting for the next ball, but not really in position to attack it.
That's a good point. When I get closer for doing a Flick, my Coach teaches me to return quickly and be ready in position for the next ball. Sometimes is attack, sometimes a block.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
It looks like you switched your BH rubber to a regular tensor rubber instead of the hybrid rubber. Why did you decide that change?
I switched for testing a more lighter Combo for some months. But this week I'm back to hybrid again. So, both DNA DG on both sides. Let's see if I catch a huge gap in performance.

says Rozena! You complete me.
Hey guys,
Viktor,

Love your long fast serve. Luv it!

• Love
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think many things can contribute to help you to be relaxed.
I don't remember exactly the post but some guys were doing many tips on this topic.
- It sounds obvious but if you train more, you get more confidence in a match.
- Take care of your breath. Before I was too tense 😬 and my breath was too fast and sometimes I held my breath just before to start the point. "UNFORCED BODY ERRORS 😄"

Timo is the king of that, he will just smile when you make a good shot even in a Championship Match. If he can do it when his income and titles hinges on it we should be able to do it when we play for fun:). But easier said than done of course.

• Love
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Viktor,

Love your long fast serve. Luv it!

Thank you Gozo 🤗
I've been training serves for some years.
I'm glad that they help me to earn a lot of points.
Sometimes just the serve 🏓, if not I'm ready for the 3rd or 5th ball.
Now, I'm spending more time with short and half-long serves.
I want to induce more problems in the opponent's serve return.
🙌 😍

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Timo is the king of that, he will just smile when you make a good shot even in a Championship Match. If he can do it when his income and titles hinges on it we should be able to do it when we play for fun:). But easier said than done of course.

You're totally right.
I just finished to watch the match between Truls vs Timo for 3rd time.
Wow! How much we can learn for that great match.
And of course, one of my goals for this year is to play relaxed as much as I can.
Like my Coach tells me: Don't try just Do it 😄 👊

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Some stuff will be patterns you can get opponent into to play right into what you do well and what you practice.

Another aspect is we have one kind of mind frame and thinking in the training hall, but an entirely different one in competition.
Exactly 💯. Put the opponent right into what we do well 🙌
About the mind frame, my gap between training and competition is getting closer. We can read often, comments about players saying they perform great in training and bad in competition.
The mental part is critical. I started reading more about that and how to keep myself in the "Zone"