Ultimate battle between Viscaria and W968

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
In my EJ journey, I've played my W968 for over a year. Believe it or not, it is a miracle 😉

My W968 is the old 2016 version (large head size = more catapult effect). The FH loop is insanely powerful yet very controllable short game. It means it requires more impact than the newer W968. It suits my game as I used to play penhold. I used to play FH all over the place.

Due to knee injury I commenced my journey with Viscaria. I was hoping to play more BH and stay closer to the table.

Over about 3 months my BH improved greatly. But my overall game performance suffer. It could be due to the change of mindset. I no longer step around that much. I no longer play those "give it all" insane FH attack. I no longer run into barriers like before. My game became dull and "too safe".

Long story short, I am back to my W968. I am in a training regime to strength my core and leg muscles 💪. I enjoy playing more aggressive and give-it-all game style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Interesting debate, I’ve gone from using Viscaria/FZD/LGY to provincial W968 and now back to the FZD. Ultimately it was a combination of handle comfort, balance and enjoying the slightly crisper feel and linearity of the outer blades vs the slightly dampened feel of the 968.

No doubt the 968 is an outstanding blade but for me it didn’t suit my game as much as the outer blades, and it didn’t feel as good in hand.

Reactions: JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Interesting debate, I’ve gone from using Viscaria/FZD/LGY to provincial W968 and now back to the FZD. Ultimately it was a combination of handle comfort, balance and enjoying the slightly crisper feel and linearity of the outer blades vs the slightly dampened feel of the 968.

No doubt the 968 is an outstanding blade but for me it didn’t suit my game as much as the outer blades, and it didn’t feel as good in hand.

It's definitely down to personal preferences. In my entire club, I am the only one using 968 or any inner ALC blade. Butterfly outer ALC/ZLC is the majority

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Gen seems to say the National has a bigger handle than the Provincial, also like many others that it is more crisp. Mine feels just as crisp as a Viscaria without the metallic vibrations.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I really like FZD and LGY (which is a bit harder/faster) but keen to try Golden Viscaria

Vis is harder than both FZD and LGY. Golden Vis is even harder than Vis with more crisp.

See if you can try a friend's Vis before buying a Golden Vis. It's quite expensive, not easy to resell as FZD had ditched Goden Vis

Reactions: Wrighty67