Us$10 tenergy 64???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I was official, until I decided not to distribute they products.
When I was stocking it, there was 3 other official parties stocking it.
SA market is not big enough for 4, in fact no where else in the world Butterfly had 4. In fact they all cutting down to 2 or 1.

Why I stopped:
One of the other one was selling Tenergy below cost - that time R500/USD50, now they are selling for R300/USD30
Those guys also get huge governemnt contracts (kit our Olympic teams etc) and the management also reportedly had ties to terriost groups in Africa.
Apparently I heard from the market that they also have history of selling fakes.
So I concluded that these guys don't play fair on the scale of profit/loss, so it is pointless for me to continue doing Butterfly.
As I need the profit (really little from Butterfly products) to fund sponsorships, and other forms of social responsiblities.
Butterfly couldn't do anything about it, so I stop stocking them.

In fact getting rid of Butterfly was my best decision so far.
With the weakening of ZAR, it made Butterfly product more unattractive and Xiom and Yasaka coming to the party with great specials for me to offer the SA market.

Butterfly is really overrated. Quality of product has gone down, while pricing has gone up.
For other countries who earn 3 times more than South Africans, they can afford to spend extra 20% to buy a Butterfly product. In the SA TT community - where majority are from below average income groups (and earn 3 folds less than Europe), Butterfly doesn't make any sense at all.

Im sorry to ask you this as you are a table tennis equipment seller,

but can you tell me who the official distributors are ATM?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
A lot of people are right here. I think I can help:
1. When a company raises the price of a product, the company will buy more supplies for a smaller amount. Therefore the supply will go up. The opposite happens when the price is lowered.
2. When a company raises the price of a product, fewer people want it, and so the demand goes down. It is the opposite when the price is lowered.

So, a company does not want to set the price too high, because then they will have a lot of supply left over because they have more supply and less demand. They also don't want to set the price too low because they will run out of supply because there is less supply and more demand. So they try to set it in the place where they have the exact supply (no more no less) as to meet demand. In the USA with butterfly it's 80 USD. In Japan it's 52 USD. That's it.

Lol, with all due respect, I think you are too young to understand business or rather international trade
Rather go and spend some time training and less time on useless threads like this.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yeah it's fake. Sorry. If you have a Tenergy in the US for under 50 check it with the forum. 10 USD there is no way you are going too get genuine from a place with private sellers like aliexpress. Sorry about that :(

You can get a fake that plays well though. Try it out when it comes and tell us how it plays. Good luck.

I bet lunch that XP 2008 SP plays better than the fakes.

Any takers ??

Reactions: agold

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Okay!

I've received the T64.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409186052.651244.jpg

As you can see, the hologram on the wrapping is missing.
The barcode on the back is also missing.

Will be posting a review soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Okay!

I've received the T64.
View attachment 6335

As you can see, the hologram on the wrapping is missing.
The barcode on the back is also missing.

Will be posting a review soon

Thanks! If you look at the wrapping reflecting against light does it say butterfly on it?

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Thanks! If you look at the wrapping reflecting against light does it say butterfly on it?

That was what i meant when i said the hologram on the wrapping was missing.

I don't have exact dimensions, but the uncut square rubber sheet seems smaller in width than a normal tenergy; if you look closely, not much of the rubber shows through the cut in the cover paper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
That was what i meant when i said the hologram on the wrapping was missing.

I don't have exact dimensions, but the uncut square rubber sheet seems smaller in width than a normal tenergy; if you look closely, not much of the rubber shows through the cut in the cover paper.

Oh sorry haha

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Oh sorry haha

It's fine :)

One other guy at my club has it, says it plays somewhat like sriver. But his chops are really powerful with it. ( he is offensive chopper).

People always ask him how he chops so well with T64.

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Glued it!

The blade is a ST STIGA Infinity VPS V.
Feels a little heavier than tenergy, i don't have a gram measure.
Smells like chinese rubber.
On a basic bounce test it doesn't seem too bad...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409269462.702394.jpg
Film
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409269476.418499.jpg
Glued
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409269483.001170.jpg
Cut

As you can see, the rubber has a film (like 729), unlike the real tenergy 64.

ZED

This user has no status.

ZED

This user has no status.
Jul 2014
I hit with it for about an hour.

Since i glued it to quite a good blade, it may be difficult to distinguish blade from rubber.

As expected, the fake Tenergy 64 requires a chinese style loop, which is executed with a straight arm and forward, brushing motion.

Spin is quite strong, if executed with proper technique.

Control is average.

The main point about this is the gears.

It generally has about 3 levels of power, each being low, normal, and very fast.

The low gear is only good for chopping and touch play as it is quite spinny.

Normal gear is below average in all respects.

As for the top gear, it felt like the blade was really doing the work. Ball went fast, low, and spinny, when used with chinese loop.

The chopping was generated lots of spin and landed close to the net.

TO SUMMARIZE: It's a typical chinese rubber. Sponge has the softness of tenergy but not a real tensor effect.

Think of a DHS Hurricane 3 NEO, but with less gears, the gear range shifted faster, less tackiness, and less spin.

For 18$, i would get Hurricane 3 NEO, but this would be next on my list.

If any questions, let me know.

More thoughts coming soon.