Using Computer Vision in Table Tennis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
@OvrChkn like @Tony's Table Tennis said it might also be good idea to train the AI by using videos from pro-players warm ups sessions. Training videos are probably less available, at least with a decent camera angle.
warm up is only cross court and is so limited.

I'm not sure about OP
but in Taiwan, there is AI team that has been recording Pros (Lin's training partners, who are also national players).
Getting access to pros for academia purposes is actually not too difficult

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
So what are you going to do with the data?
BTW, I like here BH. I didn't like her FH. It seemed she didn't have enough time for the FH stroke.
Mainly, I'm trying to build up my own knowledge in how a lot of these techniques work and eventually test all of this information out on myself. I've always had an interest in biomechanics, especially in sports, and I wish I pursued it in academics. Just working to do small weekend warrior projects once I get the next spurt of motivation and inspiration.

@Trevize84 Definitely. I found some videos for training, so that's not too big of a deal. Just editing videos for 1 hour at a time for 2 minutes worth of data is a bit of a pain haha.

@Tony's Table Tennis That's pretty interesting! Do you happen to have the name of the AI company? From memory, I've seen a few videos in the past of TT AI companies or products. I just don't have the visibility of who they are.

Reactions: Trevize84
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
@Tony's Table Tennis That's pretty interesting! Do you happen to have the name of the AI company? From memory, I've seen a few videos in the past of TT AI companies or products. I just don't have the visibility of who they are.

I'm afraid not,
I was invited by one of the coach that was involved to witness the initial photo shoot session.
As far as I understand, it was a project led by a university. There was then an AI company involved and an expert (the friend coach of mine).
It was then, a start of a project will take a long time.
I recall I posted photos/videos on this forum. I haven't followed up with them on how far it has went

Reactions: OvrChkn