Victas V15 Extra My newest favorite rubber

This user has no status.
I've been looking for the ultimate alternative rubber to Tenergy 05 which is like the Holy Grail of table tennis rubbers. After a lot of experimenting and money spent. I think I've found it. Forehand or backhand, this rubber works great. Although for me I may try 'V15 Stiff' for the backhand. I boosted a 'V15 extra' a while ago and it was the very best backhand rubber I've ever played with on the backhand. So i may keep it legal and go for the slightly softer 'V15 Stiff' on the backhand.

I don't know if many of you have tried Victas V15 Extra yet but I encourage you to give it a honest try. By honest I mean more than a session or two.

My impressions: (max thickness)

Tons of SPIN (10) - I am totally surprised at how much spin this rubber packs with 60% power, 40% brush shot. You could go as far as 80/20 and still get loads of spin. It's amazing! Some say more spin than 05, some say less.

Tons of SPEED (10) - Is not a joke, this rubber packs a great amount of speed. But it's controllable. I'm almost convinced that this rubber, in many cases, surpasses my beloved 05.

Tons of CONTROL (11) - This is where this rubber stands out to me. Though it's got tons of spin and speed, it's not very sensitive to incoming spin. I don't know how they did it, but they did. Controlling the opponents spin in surprisingly easy with Victas V15 Extra.

Weight (8) - a bit heavy for me, but not a deal breaker

Blocking - thumbs up

Countering - excellent

Loop to loop - forehand or backhand... it makes no difference. Pick your spot and go for it!

05 is a very lively rubber. I don't normally use the gears lingo, but I would say 05 has a slight advantage when you're looking for a ball to sink into the rubber for that extra level of spin. V15 is a bit stiffer in my opinion and thus it takes more effort to achieve the ball sinking into the sponge feeling you get with 05. None the less, the advantages of V15 on high energy shots allows for the same results even without the spring sponge affect. If 05 sinks in to a level of 10, then V15 sinks in around a 8 or 9. There is definitely a difference in liveliness between the two. But that also gives V15 more control. So the tradeoff is quite nice.

My practice partner has been kicking my butt lately. Long fast serves to set up his third ball have really worked for him. But tonight, that V15 allowed me to spin, hit, and place the ball for winners right off the serve. Same stroke, different results. V15 is the real deal

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 1 reviews
I would agree with pretty much everything you said. The only area where T05 is superior is spin - but T05 is also noticably slower than the V15 Extra. Only thing I don't like much is the realitvely heavy weight.

You can save your money on the V15 Stiff. I've been pretty disappointed with that one, especially compared to the Extra. Just feels like a worse version of the Extra that's slightly softer