Video: Incredible rallies

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow love the music! Love your style of video editing its truly inspiring! What's the name of the music? or the people who make this wonderful music? is it un-copyrighted material?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
That song is copy righted. They just haven't caught it yet. I would not suggest spreading this via your youtube channel Dan. The edit was okay. I like slow mo videos for TT as well. It however is not a smooth video from what I can tell. A smooth edit implies the use of transitions while you've only used "cuts." Just wanna make sure your terminology is correct ;) It's a good song too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
That song is copy righted. They just haven't caught it yet. I would not suggest spreading this via your youtube channel Dan. The edit was okay. I like slow mo videos for TT as well. It however is not a smooth video from what I can tell. A smooth edit implies the use of transitions while you've only used "cuts." Just wanna make sure your terminology is correct ;) It's a good song too.

oh shoot, i saw it all over youtube so i figured it was OK to use :p dan just linked it, didn't attach/reupload. well smooth as in slow i guess? lol i thought the clips themselves were smooth to watch, the transitions obviously not

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews

Thanks for update Richard. Its difficult to find out what is copyrighted and whats not, I think cetsbeltran15 will be okay in this case. Its the major company's that penalise youtubers.

oh shoot, i saw it all over youtube so i figured it was OK to use :p dan just linked it, didn't attach/reupload. well smooth as in slow i guess? lol i thought the clips themselves were smooth to watch, the transitions obviously not

I think its an awesome video, please go on like you do :). To be honest I have seen a lot of slow mo table tennis videos on youtube and found it very boring waiting around for the shots and rallies. However, this video is at a perfect pace to have the balance between not to slow and not to fast. I was glued to the screen watching this video :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Don't get me wrong cmets, it was a great video to watch. It shows a lot of US TT that not many watch. I just wanted to be technical as it's my field. Oh crap I forgot to update, but I'm now the new video person for Joola USA. I'll be doing most of the videos to update on their site as well as USA footage.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Thanks for update Richard. Its difficult to find out what is copyrighted and whats not, I think cetsbeltran15 will be okay in this case. Its the major company's that penalise youtubers.

I think its an awesome video, please go on like you do :). To be honest I have seen a lot of slow mo table tennis videos on youtube and found it very boring waiting around for the shots and rallies. However, this video is at a perfect pace to have the balance between not to slow and not to fast. I was glued to the screen watching this video :)

Ahh thanks for the compliment. I was actually just really bored so I started messing with the slo-mo stuff cause I thought it'd fit the song, and next thing I knew a little video was in place. I'll probably stick with normal speed though in future projects (we should collab sometime! :D). Richard brings up a good point though about the transitions, I'm just not really sure how you can do so, with the nature of a table tennis highlight video that contains different clips of different players at different places. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated though!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Don't get me wrong cmets, it was a great video to watch. It shows a lot of US TT that not many watch. I just wanted to be technical as it's my field. Oh crap I forgot to update, but I'm now the new video person for Joola USA. I'll be doing most of the videos to update on their site as well as USA footage.

Nah, it's always good to hear suggestions on how to improve, no offense was taken lol. And yeah, I was editing and I thought why not include some USA footage, so i asked michael if i could use his clip, as it was pretty memorable and was one of the first that came to mind. For the same reason, I included the pierre luc hinse diving roll shot. That's actually an amazing job with JOOLA USA, are you located in the MD area by chance? What program do you use for editing?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
What you're doing is actually pretty good. You're doing a wide shot that cuts to a Close up of the service. It does flow well, just isn't as smooth as some other transitions. There are a bunch of ways to really make the video pop, but for what you did it works and it's great.

Hopefully I'll have some videos of my own work to show people and just help with styles and collabs.