Video on New Serve System

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hehe got quite a good discussion out there @ OOAKForum about this.
I would be ok with the change, however new adaptations will need to be made.

Interesting, Yosua, the first to like this idea. What adaptations do you think will be needed?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Hmm lets see. Improving 3rd ball kill and service will become very important for players who are weak at rallying. However after obtaining the point, a player must be ready to receive well and hold the rally to his/her favor.

I don't actually see much change except the strategy to play.
This change will enforce all table tennis player to be more allround, good at service, short game, rallying, simply everything to be a winner.

This is what I had in mind right now, maybe more to come.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hmm lets see. Improving 3rd ball kill and service will become very important for players who are weak at rallying. However after obtaining the point, a player must be ready to receive well and hold the rally to his/her favor.

I don't actually see much change except the strategy to play.
This change will enforce all table tennis player to be more allround, good at service, short game, rallying, simply everything to be a winner.

This is what I had in mind right now, maybe more to come.

Table tennis will become more of a mindless game, since there will be no strategy for serving/receiving to hold on to. You just have to go with how the match goes and play on intuïtion. I'm not sure if that is a good thing.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
just call it badminton and be done with it

Hehehehe Harry, in badminton the person who won the point will serve the next point. In this case, it's the opposite. Call it notnimdab instead?

On a serious note, no one will be practising their serves. Coz, when you win the point you won't be serving. Players will concentrate more on practising their receiving in order to win a game. Imagine, if you are really good, you won't be serving at all!! (if you are not serving at 0-0). Ridiculous I think.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Nooo, are they gonna make it? :O please don't!!
it would be so bad!! the people who are good at receiving will have it more easily.
the strategy is gonna be lost ;_; but that's why I like table tennis ;_;
if you want to serve when you lose the point, go and play badminton!
please noooo ;_;

but, a change that i'd like, would be that the sets go to 21 ^^ or a little bit more than 11, I'd say 15 or so. 3 winning sets and playing to 21, that would be very cool :D

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I don't think this is nessesearily at all! Btw, i trained a little bit with Smirnov this summer, he is a really nice guy!

Really, thats awesome. How did you manage to practice with Smirnov? He is one of my idols. When he plays, he shows no negative emotion. Just plays his game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The big difference is that in table tennis, like in tennis, serves are a weapon and require a lot of skill....It seems that the Iitf is creating bad rules just to make the game interesting...
well, I think it would become boring, not interesting ^^

Rubbish idea, end of!
Yeah, exactly ;D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Silly idea. Part of the purpose of this was to stop the server from doing illegal serves at the end of sets. Just fix the dysfunctional service rule instead I say.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
No way this should or will go through.

But I am curious what would happen if they would experiment with what some call 'big serves'. When you serve it only bounces once on your opponent's side, like tennis. This would probably lead to more rallies, but at the same time you could get the same problem with tennis with fast serves being too dominant. But I'd still like to see how it would play out.

In any case, I'm fine with the game as it is.