Viscaria vs All Wood blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Does Viscaria blade able to produce the same spin as an all wood blade when top spinning provided both are using the same rubbers, say Hurricane 3 Neo?

Reactions: Pricey 11
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
viscaria produces more spin.
that's why chinese use it.
but all wood or fake all wood like ma long's blade has more control.
that's why safe boys like ma long use innerforce or allwood.

badass like zjk use viscaria.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
this is a theoretical question which does not have a straight answer ... it depends on your level and technique , the considerations that go into a pro choosing their blade is not the same as an amateur .... so its better either you ask your coach to choose the blade for you or if you don't have a coach , try to borrow the blade and play with it for some time and figure out which one you can use to create more spin ...

Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
My Viscaria feels relatively stiff...could it be due to the newer version? There were news about latest Viscaria blade are stiffer than older version....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Have you played with the older version to compare ?

Viscaria in general is crisper in terms of contact , that does not mean stiff ... and if you are comparing to wood blades , the feeling is the completely different .. so its best not to compare ...
My Viscaria feels relatively stiff...could it be due to the newer version? There were news about latest Viscaria blade are stiffer than older version....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
viscaria produces more spin.
that's why chinese use it.
but all wood or fake all wood like ma long's blade has more control.
that's why safe boys like ma long use innerforce or allwood.

badass like zjk use viscaria.

I own a 90g Viscaria. I also own a 90g Hurricane Long V Blade (which apparently is very, very close to Ma Long's blade).

The HL5 has relatively massive catapault and much worse control than the Viscaria. It is a more offensive blade but with great touch / feel (better than Viscaria) in the short game. I find it to be clearly even faster than my MJ-SZLC blade (also 90g).

Viscaria does produce more spin than HL5 in medium-hard strokes, but produces less spin than MJ-SZLC, especially for the harder strokes. On harder strokes, Viscaria gives a more carbony feel than the MJ-SZLC (which feels softer).

From the two (Vis vs HL5), I clearly prefer the HL5 (great feel and fantastic catapault when you get used to it). But I'm not sure if I'll be able to tame it. I had unboosted H3 and EL-S on it.

Reactions: BeGo and fais
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I own a 90g Viscaria. I also own a 90g Hurricane Long V Blade (which apparently is very, very close to Ma Long's blade).

The HL5 has relatively massive catapault and much worse control than the Viscaria. It is a more offensive blade but with great touch / feel (better than Viscaria) in the short game. I find it to be clearly even faster than my MJ-SZLC blade (also 90g).

Viscaria does produce more spin than HL5 in medium-hard strokes, but produces less spin than MJ-SZLC, especially for the harder strokes. On harder strokes, Viscaria gives a more carbony feel than the MJ-SZLC (which feels softer).

From the two (Vis vs HL5), I clearly prefer the HL5 (great feel and fantastic catapault when you get used to it). But I'm not sure if I'll be able to tame it. I had unboosted H3 and EL-S on it.

Hmm, HL5 ALC layer is more towards the core of the blade, shouldn't that gives you more control?
If you would compare in general, does a medium flexy all wood blade produces more spin than Viscaria on harder strokes?
I prefer Viscaria because it has minimal vibration :)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You cannot have a discussion about Viscaria with the advice and years of practical experience of Ball.

Given the same rubbers of MX-P and Elpis, I can play a macth close to same level regardless whether I use my 7 ply Wood or OFF+ Qabod carbon. Only the fastest blade in the world challenge winner AirAsia makes me play a level lower.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Does Viscaria blade able to produce the same spin as an all wood blade when top spinning provided both are using the same rubbers, say Hurricane 3 Neo?

yes and no
depends on which allwood blade being used as comparison... the question is a bit too broad...

saying thing in general:
softer, flexible allwood would create more spin...
something in the middle some would be comparable to viscaria...
harder stiffer allwood would create less spin...

some allwood vibrates more than others where it could be very unpleasant. some gives minimal vibration and feels nice.

you mentioned you liked viscaria becauce it has minimal vibration (it also has deader feel overall), so perhaps something in the innerforce series would be better fit for you.

otherwise, don't go around trying/changing blade, viscaria is a very good blade and you should stick with it. what degree do you use on Hurricane 3 Neo? I would suggest trying out the softer one say 39 degree when it's time to replace your current one. Using softer rubbers would compensate a little bit for the stiffness of the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
yes and no
depends on which allwood blade being used as comparison... the question is a bit too broad...

saying thing in general:

some allwood vibrates more than others where it could be very unpleasant. some gives minimal vibration and feels nice.

you mentioned you liked viscaria becauce it has minimal vibration (it also has deader feel overall), so perhaps something in the innerforce series would be better fit for you.

otherwise, don't go around trying/changing blade, viscaria is a very good blade and you should stick with it. what degree do you use on Hurricane 3 Neo? I would suggest trying out the softer one say 39 degree when it's time to replace your current one. Using softer rubbers would compensate a little bit for the stiffness of the blade.

My IF ZLC vibrates a whole lot more compared to MJ SZLC. In fact i feel like it vibrates just as much as all wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
yes and no

saying thing in general:

Thank you :)
I'm seeking for answer because recently I've just changed from all wood (Flexy) blade to Viscaria blade, and some sources say that the latest batch Viscaria are more stiff than previous ones, and I've applied one layer of oil based Poly-u on the blade. When I start using the blade to loop, I could hardly felt any dwell, that's why I'm seeking answer, not sure if it's because the wood are stiffer, or it's the Poly-u, or maybe it's just my own feeling. However I'm getting used to the spin and favors the Viscaria compared to my all wood blade.
About the hardness of H3N, they just started to change the description behind the bar code, and there's no more information about the hardness of H3N. :(

This user has no status.
I think it's just mainly the difference between the flexy allwood blade vs viscaria. Even the so called less stiffer older version of viscaria would be hard press to compare with flexy allwood blade. This of course would again be depending on which allwood blade we're talking about.

Good news that you're start getting used to Viscaria. Just keep using it. You need to find sellers who can get you the soft one/with degree indication.

One thin layer of sealant won't effect the blade stiffness, or feel. Use with confidence.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I think it's just mainly the difference between the flexy allwood blade vs viscaria. Even the so called less stiffer older version of viscaria would be hard press to compare with flexy allwood blade. This of course would again be depending on which allwood blade we're talking about.

Good news that you're start getting used to Viscaria. Just keep using it. You need to find sellers who can get you the soft one/with degree indication.

One thin layer of sealant won't effect the blade stiffness, or feel. Use with confidence.

Thank you very much for your advice
God bless you :)