What’s NOT good with Rozena?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Below is a video clip posted last year by a Tieba/Bilibili user who felt Rozena didn't deserve that much hate.

FH: Provincial H3 Neo BS 40/39 deg (depending on temperature of the day);
BH: Rozena
Blade: Self-made Viscaria with VPS handle

我的观点:
作为200元价位,罗泽娜(Rozena)这款套胶综合性能是最完整的,也是海绵持球感最接近T05、T80的一块海绵。胶面的摩擦和持球性能确实不如05、同等发力时球过到对手台面的质量也不如05顶,不过击球弧线、击球感觉都非常稳定,可以放心的加质量。缺憾在于原本一两板能解决战斗的球,现在需要三四个回合甚至更多。但就在这种过程中能潜移默化提升自己的对抗能力与连续能力。
同时,在比赛前更换05这类海绵比较容易无缝衔接,容易收获意想不到的效果。

以上是Up个人感受,不能以偏概全。每个人的喜好都有不同,只是罗泽娜这款套胶属实是200价位很不错的选择,私以为它不应该承受如此多的“排挤”与“谩骂”[拥抱]
My POV:
At 200 RMB, Rozena is the most complete in overall performance, and the closest to T05 and T80 in ball-holding feel. Nonetheless, the friction and ball-holding performance of the topsheet are not as good as 05, and the shot quality is not as high as 05 when hit at the same force, but the shot trajectory and shot feeling are very stable, and so the user can feel confident in upping the shot quality. The catch is that a point that could've been finished in 1 to 2 shots now takes 3, 4 or even more. But in this process, one can subtly improve in rallying ability.
At the same time, it's easier to switch seamlessly to other rubbers such 05 before a competition, and get unexpected results.
The above is my experience and cannot be generalized. Your milege may vary, but Rozena is a very decent choice at 200 RMB. I personally think that it should not suffer so much "exlusion" and "abuse".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
In the limited experiment by Takkyu Labo, Rozena actually holds its own in bounce.
That chart listing the 50cm bounce test seems kinda off to me for a few. G-1 at 30cm and somewhat close to T05 doesn't track with my reality (having experienced both).

These guys below have videos of bounce tests and found the 50cm bounce of G-1 to be 22cm and T05 at 30cm. This makes more sense to me.

They measured 50cm bounce of Rozena at 27.5, which was the same they found for Rakza 7 and MX-D.

Again, these aren't very precise measurements, but this channel does a pretty good job of giving us approximations.

Reactions: latej and Wrighty67
Jan 2018
Many factors could affect the results. The sponge thickness used by Anatomic Edge is mostly 1.8mm/1.9mm, with some 2.0mm. The testbed (ball, glue or lack of it, board underneath and the desk) is also a factor. That makes comparing results collected under different conditions inherently difficult. I guess this sort of highlights why different people can have different opinions about the same rubber, blade etc.

The Rakza X 2.0mm they tested came out at 27cm, which is not too out of line from Takkyu Labo's 30cm for Rakza X Max.

Nonetheless, the Fastarc G1 Max they tested came out at 23.5cm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I've only seriously tried Rozena on forehand where I'm used to Tenergies (and their ESN-counterparts) or tacky hybrids.
Since the Rozena topsheet has much less grip than those I had a hard time looping/driving. The arc is very long. Closing the racquet just a little too much sends a rocket into the middle of the net and opening up slightly makes the ball land on a table behind the opponent. But I guess it might be good for people who use the sponge more and brush less.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Rozena is like Tenegry but budget. Same with the glayzers that are being released in April, they are like dignics but budget. Rozena is a good rubber, but i've heard (some people) some people complain that its not as fast as Tenergy? because when tenergy dies i figure people might switch to Rozena since 80 USD is a lot for a rubber sheet change.

Rozena is like Tenegry but budget. Same with the glayzers that are being released in April, they are like dignics but budget. Rozena is a good rubber, but i've heard (some people) some people complain that its not as fast as Tenergy? because when tenergy dies i figure people might switch to Rozena since 80 USD is a lot for a rubber sheet change.
Try Nittaku Hammond z2, it eats Rozena for breakfast. 😉

No not really but to me it’s a clear winner…

Cheers
L-zr

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Try Nittaku Hammond z2, it eats Rozena for breakfast. 😉

No not really but to me it’s a clear winner…

Cheers
L-zr
Not really a fair comparison. In UK Z2 is about 50 GBP, Rozena is 35 GBP. G1 would be a fair opponent to Rozena, since it is in the same price range.

Reactions: vvk1
Not really a fair comparison. In UK Z2 is about 50 GBP, Rozena is 35 GBP. G1 would be a fair opponent to Rozena, since it is in the same price range.
I got mine for 45 Euros from TT11. It may have been on sale. Rozena was 50 Euros last time I checked here.

Cheers
L-zr

Jan 2023
I got mine for 45 Euros from TT11. It may have been on sale.

Cheers
L-zr
I am aware that TT11 sells Z2 cheaper, but since they aren't supposed to sell Rozena oversea I didn't use their prices for comparison.

Still the point stands: they aren't in the same price range, so it is not fair to say Rozena is bad because it can't perform as well as Z2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I am aware that TT11 sells Z2 cheaper, but since they aren't supposed to sell Rozena oversea I didn't use their prices for comparison.

Still the point stands: they aren't in the same price range, so it is not fair to say Rozena is bad because it can't perform as well as Z2.
The price issue is next to irrelevant here - z2 is 50+ degrees hard, while Rozena is at most 45. These two rubbers are nothing alike.

The price issue is next to irrelevant here - z2 is 50+ degrees hard, while Rozena is at most 45. These two rubbers are nothing alike.
No, Hammond z2 is most definitely not 50+, as a matter of fact Nittaku lists it as 45. I would say it is 47 ish at the most. Tenergy 05 feels harder.

Rozena is supposed to be a replacement for Tenergy 05. With Hammond z2 You can use almost the same type of hits as with Tenergy. It has a different feel though. I think they are very similar.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
No, Hammond z2 is most definitely not 50+, as a matter of fact Nittaku lists it as 45. I would say it is 47 ish at the most. Tenergy 05 feels harder.

Rozena is supposed to be a replacement for Tenergy 05. With Hammond z2 You can use almost the same type of hits as with Tenergy. It has a different feel though. I think they are very similar.

Cheers
L-zr
Rozena doesn't replace Tenergy, it is much slower and less reactive. It does however play in a broadly similar fashion and I do find I play the same type of shots with it as I did with T05, but with much greater consistency under pressure.

Cheers
L-zr

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
It has a different feel though.

Cheers
L-zr
This fits with what I said about T05 v Rozena. Use Rozena if you like the spring sponge feel but don't want tenergy for reasons of price or control/skill.

If the feel of Bty sping sponge isn't important for you then there is absolutely no reason to use Rozena, or tenergy either.

Reactions: Wrighty67
Rozena doesn't replace Tenergy, it is much slower and less reactive. It does however play in a broadly similar fashion and I do find I play the same type of shots with it as I did with T05, but with much greater consistency under pressure.
That I know perfectly well, but what I meant was that it is cheapskates' Tenergy 05...

Cheers
L-zr

This fits with what I said about T05 v Rozena. Use Rozena if you like the spring sponge feel but don't want tenergy for reasons of price or control/skill.

If the feel of Bty sping sponge isn't important for you then there is absolutely no reason to use Rozena, or tenergy either.
This is actually the only thing I miss about Tenergy, The feel of the ball is being shot out of a canon...
But I do miss this alot :-(

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
This might be an unpopular opinion but recently I tried Rozena and MX-P on a hard stiff outer ALC blade and honestly they are very on par. I would probably take Rozena.
G-1 is very similar too and I would most likely use Rozena and G-1 more on a inner carbon ALC blade, I think they would perform better.
G-1 would take the durability and price race but performance... I think Rozena.
Still Rozena is no Tenergy, but that is not an issue either.

Honestly I didn't do much research about what I'm going to say and I don't mind if I'm wrong either but in the past 10 years what rubbers won a world title class event? H3, Tenergy, Dignics, maybe G-1 due to Mima Ito and Rozena due to Zhu Yuling. Anything else?

Reactions: jammmail