what about the word "violin" among blades ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
I am violin teacher, playing table tennis for 25 years but never playing with a "violin blade" ... I don't understand why this word. In fact violin wood seems not be used : erable, buis, ebene, etc ...

Perhaps it's about the sound of those blades ? different ?

or the price ... more expensive than a violin for a beginner !

or are "hand made" using a very long time to do ?

"violin players", I'll be reading your answers with great attention !

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
what about the word "violin" among blades ?

So, if you do a web search for Viscaria you will find it is a flower. What about a Butterfly Viscaria has to do with flowers?

Amultart what does that mean?

There are many blades with the name Zhang Jike. He doesn't use any of them, does that have anything to do with what he uses?

There are so many Timo Boll blades I can't count. He only uses one. What about the others? What do they have to do with Timo Boll.

But here, let's see what Nittaku's marketing on the subject is.

"A finely tuned instrument for the offensive player! Nittaku has applied to the production of the table tennis blade a special binding method originally used for crafting the finest stringed instruments. This special process succeeds in preserving the wood’s natural elasticity. Every ply and stage of production receives special handling and scrutiny, the same quality craftsmanship used for the best quality stringed instruments in the world. Ultra fast with the ultimate feeling of mastery. You will appreciate the unique hitting feeling and never forget it."

By the way, please notice, they don't say anything about the kinds of woods used to make a Violin. And the Nittaku Accoustic and Tenor are the other blades in Nittaku's musical instrument blade series. They really have very little to do with musical instruments but all three are excellent blades with top notch feeling, dwell time and control.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
Reactions: violoniste18