What are the must try composite blades from common Chinese brands such as DHS, Yinhe, SANWEI and Sword?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I don't think same factory. My Stuor box says Yangzhou, China. But I think it kinda does make sense to make the TSMC of TT blades, the same way ESN is kinda the TSMC of rubbers for all companies.

Yeah Arthur Pro ZLC. Looks like it could be quite good...and I guess I'm curious how it will compare to my Stuor ZLC, given the Koto surface instead of Limba.

Are we sure it's koto outer? Some of the closeup pics look like it could be limba. Also saw some previous comments about it saying the listed composition might be in error.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Are we sure it's koto outer? Some of the closeup pics look like it could be limba. Also saw some previous comments about it saying the listed composition might be in error.
I'm not sure. Every seller has it listed as Koto. Also the limba outer zlc is supposed the W81.

I'm also interested in maybe getting a inner 75 alc. It's only $33

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I'm not sure. Every seller has it listed as Koto. Also the limba outer zlc is supposed the W81.

I'm also interested in maybe getting a inner 75 alc. It's only $33

Agreed with you, US$33 price for Sanwei 75 Inner ALC is very interested.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Pro 05 would be roughly similar to HL5

F3 Pro uses softer wood (ayous vs limba) than HL5, so it feels like a flexier version of HL5.
Not sure if I asked this on different trend but -

how would you compare playing impression on Yinhe Pro 05 to Sanwei F3 Pro? with chinese tacky rubbers on both sides - have you tried it yet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Not sure if I asked this on different trend but -

how would you compare playing impression on Yinhe Pro 05 to Sanwei F3 Pro? with chinese tacky rubbers on both sides - have you tried it yet
Pretty much exactly what I said, F3 pro is somewhat flexier and has more dwell time. Its slightly less snappy in response time, but still gives plenty of speed. Both are perfectly fine with chinese tacky rubber on both sides.

I had h3 and h8 on the backhand and it was working well

Reactions: impluse101
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Pretty much exactly what I said, F3 pro is somewhat flexier and has more dwell time. Its slightly less snappy in response time, but still gives plenty of speed. Both are perfectly fine with chinese tacky rubber on both sides.

I had h3 and h8 on the backhand and it was working well
Great! might try a b2prov FH with big dipper 38 BH on a yinhe pro 05. Thanks!

says The best time to learn table tennis was 10 years ago ...
Oct 2023
Do you have playing impression on Pro 05 - using Chinese rubbers on fh & bh?
I just the blade and most my xtra rubbers are chinese tacky ones
A mate of mine plays with the Pro 05 with Jupiter 3 39d on the FH and Rasanter R45 on the BH. He really likes this combo. My impression was the ZLC inner layout offers a lot of vibration ... a bit too much for my liking.

I am currently using Yinhe v14 Pro with Jupiter 3 on FH and I think the two go really well. I am working towards slowing my setup a little bit and ordered the Yinhe 970xxA inner ALC blade... some reviewers call it a "muted, controlled version" of the Timo Boll ALC - the v14 Pro plays a lot like the TB ALC, so 970xxA might just be what am after. Will report when I receive it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
A mate of mine plays with the Pro 05 with Jupiter 3 39d on the FH and Rasanter R45 on the BH. He really likes this combo. My impression was the ZLC inner layout offers a lot of vibration ... a bit too much for my liking.

I am currently using Yinhe v14 Pro with Jupiter 3 on FH and I think the two go really well. I am working towards slowing my setup a little bit and ordered the Yinhe 970xxA inner ALC blade... some reviewers call it a "muted, controlled version" of the Timo Boll ALC - the v14 Pro plays a lot like the TB ALC, so 970xxA might just be what am after. Will report when I receive it.
That makes sense. I recently got the Sanwei 75 inner, which is the same composition as the Yinhe 970alc.

I really really like this blade. It's similar to inner fibre blades like HL5, but it just has a bit extra snappiness, a bit more meshy trampoline feel. The blocks feel great, real punchy but not bricky.

Some people say its in between Viscaria and HL5. I think this is somewhat true, but I would say its more like a snappier HL5 than a more controlled Viscaria. The overall feeling and playing philosophy is closer to HL5.

This user has no status.
Do you have playing impression on Pro 05 - using Chinese rubbers on fh & bh?
I just the blade and most my xtra rubbers are chinese tacky ones
The blade is very flexible and feels rather soft. I prefer to use IT with chinese tacky rubbers, because tensor rubbers are too bouncy and uncontrolable on this blade. For me the best option for FH is Yinhe Jupiter ll 40'. With this rubber the feeling is very soft, very long dwel time and the spin is very good. For bh i like D09C, but i think most popoular chinese rubbers like 729 Battle II, III, Hurricane lll or Sanwei Target National will work good with this blade.
I had also two blades Sanwei F3Pro. The first one was fantastic. Perfect handle, unique but pleasant feeling, spinny, fast, good for looping and smashing. The only drawback was weird annoying sound. I sold it and bought another one, same model, same weight 86g, but completely different performance, very hard, stiff with very high glassy sound. Sanwei blades are very inconsistent, but u can find fantastic one in very fair price.

This user has no status.

For me Yinhe 970xxA has little dead feeling, is stiff and somehow hard too control, even in comparison with faster blades like Viscaria, Yinhe Pro 01 or V16 etc... . I was disappointed especialy because it's one of the best looking blade, handle is also perfect, high level of finnish and workmanship is not reflected in the game.

This user has no status.
For me Yinhe 970xxA has little dead feeling, is stiff and somehow hard too control, even in comparison with faster blades like Viscaria, Yinhe Pro 01 or V16 etc... . I was disappointed especialy because it's one of the best looking blade, handle is also perfect, high level of finnish and workmanship is not reflected in the game.
Interesting... I was tossing up between the Yinhe 970xx-a and the Sanwei 75 inner alc (similar to my pro feeling that I really like). Sounds like the latter might be better based on your comments (its cheaper as well). Am also interested in the Sanwei Paramid, however there are not many comments out there on that blade.

Oct 2023
That makes sense. I recently got the Sanwei 75 inner, which is the same composition as the Yinhe 970alc.

I really really like this blade. It's similar to inner fibre blades like HL5, but it just has a bit extra snappiness, a bit more meshy trampoline feel. The blocks feel great, real punchy but not bricky.

Some people say its in between Viscaria and HL5. I think this is somewhat true, but I would say its more like a snappier HL5 than a more controlled Viscaria. The overall feeling and playing philosophy is closer to HL5.

Ah ha... I have the v14 Pro and I plan to test them with the same FH rubber (Jupter 3). So I will know for sure next month and report to this thread.

On an unrelated note, am looking to test some light and soft ESN options on the backhand and have ordered some sheets of Hexer Grip SFX, Andro R42 and Nittaku C1 2.0mm all ... is there an advantage of one over the other on these blades? I am working on using the BH loop and flip more in action...

says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
R42 is a great light BH rubber with good performance

Hexer Grip SFX is also a very good BH rubber, very controlled (I used it for a season on a Korbel Japan) but the ratio performance/weight is higher for R42, I remeber Grip SFX weights even a bit more than R42 but offers less performance for BH loop/active BH strokes.

C1 I don't know

Reactions: Sincerarity
This user has no status.
Ah ha... I have the v14 Pro and I plan to test them with the same FH rubber (Jupter 3). So I will know for sure next month and report to this thread.

On an unrelated note, am looking to test some light and soft ESN options on the backhand and have ordered some sheets of Hexer Grip SFX, Andro R42 and Nittaku C1 2.0mm all ... is there an advantage of one over the other on these blades? I am working on using the BH loop and flip more in action...

I don't like soft ESN rubbers on Carbon blades, because are bouncy is short pushes and serve receiving, also easy to bottom out. Flicking and looping is very easy and effortless, but with SFX ball pops up too much. I would go for Rasanter R42 , but I prefer R45, Xiom Omega V Euro, 2.0. For me, this hardness and thickness is compromise between control, spin, speed and weight.
Btw. I really liked my Yinhe V14pro blade. Little hard, and stiff, but not too much.

Reactions: Sincerarity
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
1) DHS 301T and DHS 301Z (T is softer well balanced and Z is faster and harder, only thing i disliked are the pencil thin handles)
2) Yinhe Pro 01 and Pro 05 (both are exellent blades, sold the 05 as i have the BTY Innerforce ALC.. Pro 05 plays rather similiar to it.. very important plus are excellent large handles for both)
3) Sanwei Super Inner 75 PBO (fast blade with lots of elasticity, high arching with control, disliked the rough surface on the handle but doesn't impact play/performance)

Out of the above I would rate Yinhe Pro 01 and Pro 05 the best to my liking that ticks all boxes for value, performance and quality.