What Blade To Choose?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Uhhhmmmm. Guys I need your help... I'm thinking of switching from all-wood blade to carbon blade. but I really love to have the ALC one because most review says that it has the most wood feeling compared to the other carbon blades...

Play style?
I've developed my attacking style from far attack to a close-mid to the table attacks... I prefer to be put my ball a much more spin rather than putting alot of power in it... I'm not the type of Fast game attacks whether I like to be more of a bit safe play for choosing my attack timing to have a better possibility of avoiding an out-ball or a short to the net one.

What rubbers to put in it?
I prefer chinese rubbers on my FH such as DHS hurricane 3 or DHS Skyline 3
On my backhand a Donic Baracuda (MAX)

My present setup?
I have a Stiga Clipper WRB as my blade and a xiom vega europe in my FH and donic Baracuda (MAX) in my BH

Some choices I've thought of (but not really the ones I like)
  • BTY Ishlion
  • BTY Iolite
  • BTY Viscaria
  • BTY ZJ

I'm wondering if you could help me out with my concerns on what blade to choose... Thanks and Good Day! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Oh,and don't forget blades from the DHS range,like the Hurricane long,Xia,King,Hao and Ning.those blades were developed with cchinese rubbers in mind,so they migght suit you perfectly

but those blades are all-wood right? been considering that for when I change my mind of taking the wood blades again instead of carbon blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I use the ALC and it has a very good feeling. But I havent tried any chinese rubbers on it, so cant comment how that would play.
My advice would be dont go for soft rubbers on ALC. Most of the time it gets difficult to hit it hard.

BTW Happy looping with ALC [looper's dream]

ah I see, yes I've been reading a lot of reviews in different ALC blades and those who tried it with soft rubbers really didn't just worked out but totally kinda bit destroyed their whole performance with the blade.. Also been looking forward to find an appropriate ALC blade for my playing style and my type of sponge hardness

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I think zlf is made mostly from wood, you Can really feel wood in it, not that fast concentrated more for spin. Jun Mizutani is not easy to play, to be honest I have never heard any good opinion about it.

I think you mean ZLC right? :))... ahh, so it is more to making the speed of the ball go crazy instead of giving a dwell time to produce more spin, I think?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, if you like to spin heavy and are not going for speed in your shot selection and would rather go for high percentage shots, why are you looking at blades that are good for kill shots instead of blades that are good for spinning the ball. If you like playing the way you said you like playing you would want an all wood blade that has good flex and good dwell time. Not a stiff fast blade that does not have good feeling like all the blades you listed.

Reactions: Rajah*
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think you mean ZLC right? :))... ahh, so it is more to making the speed of the ball go crazy instead of giving a dwell time to produce more spin, I think?

By the way, you have this backwards but the guy who said ZLF had it right. A ZLC is really fast and does not have too much feeling because of the Carbon with the Zylon. They are rockets. Good blades for someone who can really use an Off+ blade. ZLF blades are a lot slower and have a lot of dwell time and the Zylon without the Carbon allows you to feel the ball almost like an all wood blade but with the added dwell time and spin from the Zylon.

Reactions: Sali
This user has no status.
In my opinion you should go for an alc blade, from your list the iolite is a nice blade (not the iolite neo) otherwise any arylate or arly carbon blade is good especially for the new poly ball
the mj blade is nice and all but honestly it is a struggle to get heavy spin and any zlc blade does not really help with the new ball either because you wont get the same amount of spin as an alc blade due to hang time, etc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Okay, if you like to spin heavy and are not going for speed in your shot selection and would rather go for high percentage shots, why are you looking at blades that are good for kill shots instead of blades that are good for spinning the ball. If you like playing the way you said you like playing you would want an all wood blade that has good flex and good dwell time. Not a stiff fast blade that does not have good feeling like all the blades you listed.

Ah, I see, then could you give me some all wood blades that would really kick up with my play? thanks :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
By the way, you have this backwards but the guy who said ZLF had it right. A ZLC is really fast and does not have too much feeling because of the Carbon with the Zylon. They are rockets. Good blades for someone who can really use an Off+ blade. ZLF blades are a lot slower and have a lot of dwell time and the Zylon without the Carbon allows you to feel the ball almost like an all wood blade but with the added dwell time and spin from the Zylon.

ahhh, haha, thanks for the information.. didn't really know much about the types of carbon's used for the blades. but really, thanks for that info :D (Gotta embed it in my mind) :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
In my opinion you should go for an alc blade, from your list the iolite is a nice blade (not the iolite neo) otherwise any arylate or arly carbon blade is good especially for the new poly ball
the mj blade is nice and all but honestly it is a struggle to get heavy spin and any zlc blade does not really help with the new ball either because you wont get the same amount of spin as an alc blade due to hang time, etc

Iolite.. hmmm. will it be a good match for chinese rubbers?