What Blade To Choose?

It looks like that Clipper has a lot of lacquer on the handle. Also a lot on the blade face. Perhaps too much.

Ah that pic, my camera setting made the pic a bit darker than usual.
Here's the other take of it. :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9647.jpg
    IMG_9647.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 111
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Still looks like a lot of lacquer. I don't like lacquer on the handle because I like the wood of the handle to absorb my sweat. Also, when I finish my blades, I like to seal them with a very thin layer of lacquer, barely visible, or, actually, you can't really see it is there. I use Minwax Wipe on Poly. You actually just use a cloth and wipe it on and it sinks into the wood but is not visible.

Still looks like a lot of lacquer. I don't like lacquer on the handle because I like the wood of the handle to absorb my sweat. Also, when I finish my blades, I like to seal them with a very thin layer of lacquer, barely visible, or, actually, you can't really see it is there. I use Minwax Wipe on Poly. You actually just use a cloth and wipe it on and it sinks into the wood but is not visible.

Thanks for the tip. I used a brush on this one. Actually, I applied a thin layer before but when I removed a rubber ones, it took a small piece of the limba outer veneer; so I applied another coat of sanding sealer to prevent this from happening. It definitely did. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37501
I've compared my blade to these as well. Not fake to me. :)

That is good to know. But probably you can't use that 4 years old thread to judge todays fake as the imitation is much better now. The attached photo showing a Cpen and FL, both with the same serial so they are fakes no doubt. That FL handle looks much closer to the real thing than the fake of the past. Again not saying yours is fake because your friend is giving it away so money does not count.

attachment.php

Attachments

• fake TBS.jpg
    fake TBS.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 105
That is good to know. But probably you can't use that 4 years old thread to judge todays fake as the imitation is much better now. The attached photo showing a Cpen and FL, both with the same serial so they are fakes no doubt. That FL handle looks much closer to the real thing than the fake of the past. Again not saying yours is fake because your friend is giving it away so money does not count.

attachment.php

The level of imitation is definitely improving. The orange paint, in the fl of the fake, where you you put your thumb looks skewed to me, checking mine is straight. :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks for the tip. I used a brush on this one. Actually, I applied a thin layer before but when I removed a rubber ones, it took a small piece of the limba outer veneer; so I applied another coat of sanding sealer to prevent this from happening. It definitely did. :)

Okay. I have not had that happen to me with the way I seal my blades. Hopefully it does not affect play to have that much lacquer on. And if it does not, then it makes no difference. I am sure the blade plays fine.

Okay. I have not had that happen to me with the way I seal my blades. Hopefully it does not affect play to have that much lacquer on. And if it does not, then it makes no difference. I am sure the blade plays fine.

It plays fine, but now I have this though of what would it play like with less lacquer. How do you seal your blade? :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It plays fine, but now I have this though of what would it play like with less lacquer. How do you seal your blade? :)

I already told you. But, i will say it again. I use "MinWax Wipe On Poly". Just follow the directions. You apply it by using a cloth. Not a brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk