• I think it is cool but that's it

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • No, this is terrible

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • No this is not good and just a complete distraction

Votes: 20 44.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
They need to do it like the do it eith the yellow line in the NFL. Make it a post process effect visible on TV but not to the players. (This should not be hard, like a digital green screen, only blue with digital markers to enforce perspective correction)

Then, the resl fun would begin on replays as they could digital map the path/bounce/spin of the ball.

Imagine reading the veloctiy information and projectile path in slow motion replays directly on the table!

Reactions: BeGo
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
What did a player think about playing on the LCD table? We asked just this to Marcos Freitas!

Marcos Freitas represented Europe in the Asia vs Europe challenge and spoke to TableTennisDaily on his thoughts on the LCD table setup.

marcosfreitas2015.jpg

"Hey Daniel, thanks! I think it's nice and good to see that DHS is trying new things to improve the popularity of our sport and this was the first time i ever saw a screen table like that. Now of course the bounce was a little bit different and a bit distracting with the lights on, I think they have still to improve the table overall so that one day we professionals can play good on it. Anyway was a good experience and I was happy that we beat Asia, best regards."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Firstly I would like to say that it's a nice idea because tabletennis has to be improved and made more interresting and exiting for the crowd and fans of the sport. It's like the borders arround the court where you can read some Information or the player names.
But I can't imagine how it is to play on this table . I cound imagine that it would be a bit anoying if there are numbers on the tabel. I wish I had this table in my club ^^ :)