What does Rakza 7 play like?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Rakza 7 is my main FH rubber. It does everything well enough and is very good for close to the table play. I buy mine at tabletennis11. I use the buy 4 for the price of 3 deal and I buy for multiple people. The Rakza 7 is more than good enough for most people. What it really come down to is preference. All the people I play with locally use Rakza 7.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Rakza 7 is an everything, everywhere all at once rubber. Or to put it plainly, a middle of everything rubber. It is an all rounder, it does a little bit of everything. Nothing in particular it excel nor anything in particular it is does badly. Some like it for what it is, others find it boring; like dating the girl next door or driving your dad's twenty year old Toyota Camry.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Plays like a toned down in speed, less spin sensitive (as well as generating less spin) Vega pro. So it's less reactive, feels softer and a little bit mushy compared to Vega Pro. Very good for backhand. When I block incoming topspins people often ask me whether or not I use pips because of how different Rakza 7 is in blocks.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Plays like a toned down in speed, less spin sensitive (as well as generating less spin) Vega pro. So it's less reactive, feels softer and a little bit mushy compared to Vega Pro. Very good for backhand. When I block incoming topspins people often ask me whether or not I use pips because of how different Rakza 7 is in blocks.

I have played with Vega Pro for quite some time in the past. I have never tried Rakza 7 and always think that it is a more superior rubber compared to Vega Pro. So, it is actually a toned-down Vega Pro?

So if I consider between Rakza 7 and Fastarc G-1, which one is better?
I am looking for medium speed, quite spinny and the most important thing is "very" durable rubber.

Currently I am using AK47 Yellow and quite satisfied with it, given the affordable price.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I have played with Vega Pro for quite some time in the past. I have never tried Rakza 7 and always think that it is a more superior rubber compared to Vega Pro. So, it is actually a toned-down Vega Pro?

So if I consider between Rakza 7 and Fastarc G-1, which one is better?
I am looking for medium speed, quite spinny and the most important thing is "very" durable rubber.

Currently I am using AK47 Yellow and quite satisfied with it, given the affordable price.
G1 is more powerful, but I got the feeling that it is a bit easier to spin with R7.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Rakza 7 is an allrounder
it is pretty old though, but has everything in a rubber.

New generation rubbers like DNA (which is maybe 3 to 4 generations ahead) would have more speed/spin etc.
But if your level it not there, an allrounder like Rakza 7 will be better than faster rubbers in DNA.

I do feel R7 is a toned down version of Vega Pro, or rather, Vega Pro is a slightly faster and spinner version of Rakza 7 (R7 came first).
These 2 rubbers back in the days, where Yasaka/Xiom solution to Tenergy 05

Jul 2014
Which is more powerful between R7 and Vega series?
Its been a while since I used Vega Pro so I don't think I can compare, my most recent ones have been Vega X and Vega Japan. Vega X is in the same ballpark as R7, a bit springier, better spin potential with R7 for me, but I think R7 is more forgiving. VJ is softer, spins easier than R7, but I felt it much bouncier with a lower arc.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Also, why does Rakza 7 cost more than Vega, if they are sorta from that same early Esn generation?
You should ask Yasaka about this. Xiom and Yasaka just have different price policy

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Also, why does Rakza 7 cost more than Vega, if they are sorta from that same early Esn generation?
The Rakza series is/was the top rubber series of Yasaka, whereas the target audience of Vega is mainly intermediate players. Omega series is the top rubber series of Xiom.

Just because Rakza and Vega are the same generation of ESN doesn't mean they are rubbers of the same caliber (at least from the manufacturers' point of view).