What if Zhang Jike would play DTTBL?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Sep 2026
29
22
57
If ZJK would join FZD in Germany how would he perform in the thought German league?

With some training I think he would still struggle against few players like Togami or Franziska, but he would still scores against the 70% of the players...

I wonder also how much €€€ he would ask for a season...
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2024
206
162
561
I can definitely see him doing much better than Fang Bo is currently doing, but he needs to make sure he stays injury-free. He'd probably switch back to Hurricane 3 and maybe ask for custom Dignics 09c on the backhand for whatever team sponsors him since FZD uses 09c on his backhand (don't remember what ZJK used on his backhand, but I know it was BTY rubber).
 
  • Like
Reactions: blahness
I can definitely see him doing much better than Fang Bo is currently doing, but he needs to make sure he stays injury-free. He'd probably switch back to Hurricane 3 and maybe ask for custom Dignics 09c on the backhand for whatever team sponsors him since FZD uses 09c on his backhand (don't remember what ZJK used on his backhand, but I know it was BTY rubber).
Heck nah he'd use D1 both sides, he promotes it so much. FZD is still sponsored by Butterfly.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Sep 2026
29
22
57
I can definitely see him doing much better than Fang Bo is currently doing, but he needs to make sure he stays injury-free. He'd probably switch back to Hurricane 3 and maybe ask for custom Dignics 09c on the backhand for whatever team sponsors him since FZD uses 09c on his backhand (don't remember what ZJK used on his backhand, but I know it was BTY rubber).
I think training in Germany would be less demanding and less stressful that his heydays with the CNT ... So he would probably avoid big injuries. It would be great marketing move for a club to engage him, even if he is not winning every single match.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
May 2022
1,354
1,812
5,078
I think training in Germany would be less demanding and less stressful that his heydays with the CNT ... So he would probably avoid big injuries. It would be great marketing move for a club to engage him, even if he is not winning every single match.
They would fly him in for matches. Players don't move countries just for league play.
 

lyz

This user has no status.
Recently ZJK said in his live streaming that he still had some injury in his waist, which doesn't hurt most of the time in daily life and training, but do attack him fiercely in some certain gastures especially when he tried to serve.
One of the former national player Yinhang had said that he felt ZJK could beat some of the CNT players after some certain training, and from the match he held himself these days with Ovtcharov, Boll, Jung Young-sik, his FH is obviously lack of systematical training with lots of misses, so I don't think his body can tolerate the training at a high level.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Mar 2015
1,496
1,221
4,410
Read 3 reviews
I think FZD stays in Germany for several weeks a year. DTTBL is a long season. I think 22-24 match-days. I does not make sense fly in and out so many times
But FZD also likes to be in Germany, that might be a factor ZJK might not have.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lightspin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2024
206
162
561
Heck nah he'd use D1 both sides, he promotes it so much. FZD is still sponsored by Butterfly.
Fang Bo promotes QuanShiBao and the only product he's using of it is the blade. If ZJK wanted to compete against the best of the best, he's going to most likely use H3 Blue Sponge on FH and some type of BTY rubber on BH. Lin Gaoyuan owns YuanJian and only uses the blade. Just because you promote something doesn't necessarily mean it's the best, he wants money so he's obviously going to advertise it and say good things about it. I could potentially see him using it on his BH though.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2021
349
292
779
He is one of the greatest ever but.... 38 years old and haven't been competing for about 10 years. I think he'd have a pretty hard time in one of the best leagues in the world with whatever equipment...
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Sep 2026
29
22
57
He is one of the greatest ever but.... 38 years old and haven't been competing for about 10 years. I think he'd have a pretty hard time in one of the best leagues in the world with whatever equipment...
Mmm... I think he kept himself quite in shape. Also Bastian Steger has not competed in Ittf events since a couple of years but at 45 years old is still winning matches. And ZJK is much more talented...
 
Fang Bo promotes QuanShiBao and the only product he's using of it is the blade. If ZJK wanted to compete against the best of the best, he's going to most likely use H3 Blue Sponge on FH and some type of BTY rubber on BH. Lin Gaoyuan owns YuanJian and only uses the blade. Just because you promote something doesn't necessarily mean it's the best, he wants money so he's obviously going to advertise it and say good things about it. I could potentially see him using it on his BH though.
I would agree, and these players are sponsored by companies that have greater manufacturing abilities so ofc they are more inclined to use them. Fang Bo did say that QSB was not superior to H3, ZJK ngl idk what I was thinking should probably retract my statement, he'd def use D09c BH also, and ZhanTian still surprising Lin never used, curious if in the German League if he's switched.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RPB Enthusiast

ZSQ

says I’m a table tennis enthusiast from China, and I hope to...

ZSQ

says I’m a table tennis enthusiast from China, and I hope to...
Member
Sep 2026
41
70
119
As a fan of Zhang Jike, considering his injuries, I sincerely hope he won’t compete in professional tournaments anymore. Maybe playing exhibition matches would be fine.
He should just focus on what he’s doing now—developing more young players and helping them make it into provincial and national teams. That would be enough.
 
Top