What's a good Chinese bh rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
If it were me I wouldn't use Yinhe - Big Dipper on BH, it's performance is closer to TG 2, due to its shorter grain length and sponge toughness, it's too much of a launching requirement for backhands, the miss rate will be drastically. ;)
That's why I miss so much then? ;)

No actually, I've used this one in 38deg for the last four years and it's a superb mix of control and attack ability (for me). The top sheet is quite elastic and I think that it's giving me more options, and is more forgiving than other Chinese rubbers I've tried. But we all play in different ways, so...

Reactions: impluse101
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
All plastic materials known to be accessible of surface abrasion in a short time. Some shitty products compared against celluloid.

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
In that case you must try the provincial H3 soft (37 degree). The weight is 42g cut to my W968 blade. It will satisfy your criteria
I was thinking of trying that, how's the feeling of the neo soft? Is it comparable to a normal hurricane 3 neo, but softer? Or does it have a more speed gluyie feel like tensors?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I was thinking of trying that, how's the feeling of the neo soft? Is it comparable to a normal hurricane 3 neo, but softer? Or does it have a more speed gluyie feel like tensors?

I find 37 degree enough for outer ALC blades, but a bit too soft on my W968.
What blade do you use?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I'm always on the search for good rubber deals. Do you know of any Chinese cheap bh rubbers? Preferably on the softer end, but even if it's medium, some baby oil will fix it.

Dhs rubbers have been getting pretty expensive lately, a few years ago I remember h3 cost 18€, now the lowest is 27. And the 37° version is 30+...
I asked ChatGPT your question and Chad replied, " Skyline 2, Hurricane 8 & Hurricane 3 "

I suspect Chad is an employee of DHS.

• Haha
Reactions: Nima Abadi
This user has no status.
Hello dear, how are you?

The AU rubber is not in our product line, kindly pls on our official website shall prevail.
Hi Andrea, found this comment when looking through the forum.

Is the rubber I just glued non-genuine? Some reputable sellers are selling the Sanwei Au Golden rubber, so I am wondering what I have here.

Attachments

• IMG20240105223817.jpg
    IMG20240105223817.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG20240105223825.jpg
    IMG20240105223825.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
This user has no status.
Is it worthy to get H3 NEO 37 Deg Prov? Because on my first Long 5X blade i use a commercial NEO 37 deg, i can't say i like it really, and it was boosted one layer, was nice then it became like regular difficult to control rubber, i mean it became inconsistent in many shots, so i felt like i will never use DHS rubber again on my BH, but i don't want to rush judging too, maybe the prov or national version of 37deg could be better or improved or tuned whatever.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Is it worthy to get H3 NEO 37 Deg Prov? Because on my first Long 5X blade i use a commercial NEO 37 deg, i can't say i like it really, and it was boosted one layer, was nice then it became like regular difficult to control rubber, i mean it became inconsistent in many shots, so i felt like i will never use DHS rubber again on my BH, but i don't want to rush judging too, maybe the prov or national version of 37deg could be better or improved or tuned whatever.
Provincial just means stricter quality control so more consistent between different sheets. I'm taking a wild guess, but I also imagine that gluing between sponge and top sheet is also a bit stronger, hence it can be boosted more. Blue sponge is a whole other beast.

DHS quality control is all over the place, some rubbers of 40 harness may be harder or softer, or more or less tacky. There's less variation in the provincial versions between rubbers, and of course nationals are even more accurate.

There's very little difference in performance, and the only you will see is from slight changes in quality.

This user has no status.
Ok, cool, i will think carefully and wisely about which BH rubber i should use on my new blade i will buy later in future, mostly it will be Long 5 National version [W968], it will be last blade i will buy then no longer thinking about something else [except selling some old i have and replace it only].

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Yasaka Hovering Dragon is a great BH rubber, not cheap, not tacky, but medium hard, light, awesome grip, and easy use. Pretty bouncy too with the Japanese sponge under it.
Great advice, I tried this rubber with a club mate who plays it heavily on the backhand and I also liked it.
But from my experience I noticed the following. If a person buys Long 5 National , then he will not rest until he plays two national hurricanes on both sides, even if other rubbers on backhand play better.

Reactions: ttarc and Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Great advice, I tried this rubber with a club mate who plays it heavily on the backhand and I also liked it.
But from my experience I noticed the following. If a person buys Long 5 National , then he will not rest until he plays two national hurricanes on both sides, even if other rubbers on backhand play better.
I get the appeal of using 2 H3N on a HL5, and they work well if they are boosted but Hovering Dragon is such a pleasant rubber to use. It's pretty fast, can do enough spin and it's a blocking champ. (I'm a lefty so for me it matters a lot)
The Hovering Dragon doesn't have that nasty bounce in the direction of the spin that Tenergy has or that many other rubbers are guilty of. This is an understated appeal of Chinese-style rubbers and H3 is pretty good for it too, but many other rubbers are much better which are "developed with Chinese players".
It's a huge shame for Yasaka and distributors/stores that some of the best rubbers are not globally available. While they keep shoveling the ESN gen X same shit (or worse shit) out the pipe.

Reactions: Pepo and Choosikick