2. Wang Chuqin H3
3. Ma Long H3
4. Liang Jingkun H3
5. Hugo Calderano Omega 7 something
6. Lin Yun-Ju D05
7. Lin Gaoyuan D09C
8. Felix Lebrun: K3
9. Lin Shidong: D09C
10. Jang Woojin: V>15 (at least he was using this)

1. Sun Yingsha: H3
2. Wang Manyu: H3
3. Chen Meng: H8
4. Wang Yidi: D09C
5. Hina Hayata: D05
6. Chen Xingtong: D05
7. Qian Tianyi: ?
8. Shin Yubin: T05H
9. Ying Han: Spectol
10. Mima Ito: Moristo

5 / 20 use H3
4 / 20 use Dignics 09C
3 / 20 use Dignics 05
3 / 20 use ESN rubbers (1x K3, 1x Omega 7 something, 1x V>15)
2 / 20 use pips
1 / 20 use H8
1 / 20 use T05H
1 / 20 unknown

8 / 20 Butterfly rubbers
6 / 20 DHS rubbers
3 / 20 ESN rubbers
2 / 20 pips
1 / 20 unknown

Just for fun: FH rubbers
16 / 20 H3 BS

DHS rubbers for the top pro players might be much closer to what we can buy than the stuff Butterfly and others give to their top players according to Hu Heming

The main thing regardless of playing level and availability is still: Does the rubber fit to my playing style? So for me (at least unboosted) D09C, D05 and ESN rubbers are out of the equation.
Most of the top players use Euro-Japanese rubber on the backhand, as I wrote about initially. 7 out of 10 men's tops use Euro-Japanese rubber on the backhand. For women in the top 10, this percentage is lower, except for pips, but if you take the top 50 or top 100 for example, then I am sure the number of women playing with Euro-Japanese rubbers on backhand will be much higher.
Of the top 20 women and men, only 6 players use chinese rubber on backhand...

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ Ng and riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Strange. I had a totally different experience.

My unboosted H8 39 is much slower than H8-80.

Personally I prefer slower rubber.
I cant remember which is faster unboosted. Both are quite slow unboosted.

But with both boosted, I find H8 more dynamic and powerful and responsive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Indeed H8-80 37 is not slow at all. But I still think the H3-50 also has it's place for someone looking for a bit of a speedglued feeling. Especially the 35deg version is rather soft and clicky. I wager just for a non flashy basic BH game the 3-50 is more reliable than the H8-80, the H8-80 is very sensitive.

This user has no status.
Which one is better overall?
Indeed H8-80 37 is not slow at all. But I still think the H3-50 also has its place for someone looking for a bit of a speedglued feeling. Especially the 35deg version is rather soft and clicky. I wager just for a non flashy basic BH game the 3-50 is more reliable than the H8-80, the H8-80 is very sensitive.

This user has no status.
I haven't tried it yet, but rubbers from Sanwei truly is a bang for the buck.
What happened to the Sanwei Target original version (white sponge), did you guys discontinue its production? And will the Target Pro Blue be discontinued now that the Target Pro 3 (normal/provincial) has taken over?
Hello bro,

I'm not sure about the white sponge you say, do you mean a cyan sponge old type Target National? It was a very old type and was a very traditional good Chinese type of rubber. 🤔

And for the Target Pro rubber, which is not on our official international product lines, why don't you try our New Target National, I promise you will love it.00056.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hello bro,

I'm not sure about the white sponge you say, do you mean a cyan sponge old type Target National? It was a very old type and was a very traditional good Chinese type of rubber. 🤔

And for the Target Pro rubber, which is not on our official international product lines, why don't you try our New Target National, I promise you will love it.View attachment 27819
What is the hardness and throw angle of this?

This user has no status.
Most of the top players use Euro-Japanese rubber on the backhand, as I wrote about initially. 7 out of 10 men's tops use Euro-Japanese rubber on the backhand. For women in the top 10, this percentage is lower, except for pips, but if you take the top 50 or top 100 for example, then I am sure the number of women playing with Euro-Japanese rubbers on backhand will be much higher.
Five of those six are in the top three in the world;)
ma long、wang chuqin、chen meng、sun yingsha、wang manyu

says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
This thread is really interesting and uptodate, I'm too in the search of a BH modern chinese style rubber that gives me control while looping on BH, but also control/feeling in short / passive game, without sacrificing speed. I don't want to deal anymore with esn tensor rubbers, cause the stickyness declined in a modern way is clearly a plus in control and you don't loose speed also.

I have been disappointed a bit by H8-80 37° red, my first sheet was 66gr uncut while the second sheet is 73gr uncut unboosted. With 73 gr uncut the H8-80 cut to my Viscaria would be heavier than my FH rubber (Glayzer 09C, 70gr uncut). The weight of the rubber to me is very important, in BH even more important than FH (I hate to feel a heavy rubber on BH moves), DHS clearly has no good quality control on weight.

Andrea told me that the new Taiji 2023 Plus is similar to Rozena speedwise, so it could be interesting to try it. Maybe a 2.15mm version could be useful in the future, it would not add much weight but could be a lot better for BH looping and drives. I'm very interested given the low weight and the design of the rubber (half sticky, good elasticity etc).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
This thread is really interesting and uptodate, I'm too in the search of a BH modern chinese style rubber that gives me control while looping on BH, but also control/feeling in short / passive game, without sacrificing speed. I don't want to deal anymore with esn tensor rubbers, cause the stickyness declined in a modern way is clearly a plus in control and you don't loose speed also.

I have been disappointed a bit by H8-80 37° red, my first sheet was 66gr uncut while the second sheet is 73gr uncut unboosted. With 73 gr uncut the H8-80 cut to my Viscaria would be heavier than my FH rubber (Glayzer 09C, 70gr uncut). The weight of the rubber to me is very important, in BH even more important than FH (I hate to feel a heavy rubber on BH moves), DHS clearly has no good quality control on weight.

Andrea told me that the new Taiji 2023 Plus is similar to Rozena speedwise, so it could be interesting to try it. Maybe a 2.15mm version could be useful in the future, it would not add much weight but could be a lot better for BH looping and drives. I'm very interested given the low weight and the design of the rubber (half sticky, good elasticity etc).

In that case you must try the provincial H3 soft (37 degree). The weight is 42g cut to my W968 blade. It will satisfy your criteria

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

You should check out Yinhe - Big Dipper 38/39deg, LOKI - GTX PRO, Giant Dragon - TopEnergy Soft, Giant Dragon - Storm Soft, 729 - Battle III 38deg. GTX PRO might be about 50 grams cut, but the others use to be more light weight.

729 - Presto Max Spin is untacky, but could be good if you look for a faster feeling.

Pimplepark - Epos is German, but soft and tacky and has a mild catapult

This user has no status.
You should check out Yinhe - Big Dipper 38/39deg, LOKI - GTX PRO, Giant Dragon - TopEnergy Soft, Giant Dragon - Storm Soft, 729 - Battle III 38deg. GTX PRO might be about 50 grams cut, but the others use to be more light weight.

729 - Presto Max Spin is untacky, but could be good if you look for a faster feeling.

Pimplepark - Epos is German, but soft and tacky and has a mild catapult
If it were me I wouldn't use Yinhe - Big Dipper on BH, it's performance is closer to TG 2, due to its shorter grain length and sponge toughness, it's too much of a launching requirement for backhands, the miss rate will be drastically. ;)

Reactions: H3R0 and Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Five of those six are in the top three in the world;)
ma long、wang chuqin、chen meng、sun yingsha、wang manyu
It must be admitted that this is great progress for the DHS, which is trying to occupy this niche. I think that over time everything will not be so clear in favor of Euro-Japanese manufacturers, since Chinese manufacturers are making noticeable progress. But right now there is dominance of Euro-Japanese manufacturers in the segment of backhand rubber, which is evident from the inventory of both professionals and amateurs, including in this chat.

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
The real shift is not about manufacturers, it's about tackiness (in the case of BTY 'barely tacky' though!!) if you look at it from this perspective, then 7 out of 10 of the top 10 men are using a tacky rubber on BH.

Reactions: Choosikick
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
I think you'll find that this big difference in weight is actually due to different sponge hardness, even if they're marked the same value. I've had some sheets that were hard as a rock (and heavy) and some very soft (and light), even though they were marked the same value.
This leads me to believe that they don't measure individual sheets and mark the hardness accordingly. They most likely measure a sheet in a large batch, and assume the other sheets are the same (which is clearly not the case).

Oct 2022
I think you'll find that this big difference in weight is actually due to different sponge hardness, even if they're marked the same value. I've had some sheets that were hard as a rock (and heavy) and some very soft (and light), even though they were marked the same value.
This leads me to believe that they don't measure individual sheets and mark the hardness accordingly. They most likely measure a sheet in a large batch, and assume the other sheets are the same (which is clearly not the case).
I think you're totally right, this has to be the reason why