What's this cheap glue?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
colle_normal_02_1.jpg

I'm putting an order in and saw this glue, 250ml for only 15€. What's the catch? Is it speed glue? They have as "normal glue".

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
It says 'avec VOC' which is 'with VOC' in french
I'm blind😂

Would this be fine to use off-season? Or even normally? How long would it take to fully air it out to be fine to use in competition?

Would it do damage to the rubber in use or the blade? How would the effect be on Chinese and European rubbers?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
I'm blind😂

Would this be fine to use off-season? Or even normally? How long would it take to fully air it out to be fine to use in competition?
The effect is gone after 3 hours but is better to wait 2 days to get the voc fully evaporated
How's it so cheap? 15€ for 250ml while normal glue is 20€ for 120ml.

Does it damage wood or something? Maybe the rubber?
Water based glue damages the blade but the VOC glue doesn't. It may damage a very proned rubber with large pores in sponge, Rakza 9 for example. I glued Stiga Mantra H with speedglue, it feels OK.
Speedglue is usually much cheaper than WBG. But it's more fluid and you'll spend a bit more.
As for me I boost so I need latex WBG. But I find even the Chinese glues too expensive for me. So I use the fluid latex for grimm which is 6$ for 260ml.

Reactions: Jan_
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I can not read more on the container than you guys, however,
just because it is AVEC VOC does not mean it is speed glue.
The are the non Voc glues, normally waterbased.
then we have the non voc oil based boosters
then there are voc glues , just fast drying because of the highly volatile solvent
and then there is Speed glue, the stuff that makes the rubbers curl quickly and lasts not very long.
Yeah its speed glue with VOC.
NO, it is not. Dandoy sells it as NORMAL GLUE

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
then there are voc glues , just fast drying because of the highly volatile solvent
and then there is Speed glue, the stuff that makes the rubbers curl quickly and lasts not very long.

So it won't expand the rubber at all? Nor damage it in any way?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
That's probably just rubber cement, i.e the table tennis glue people used before water based glues came along. It also probably is not speed glue if it is not specified as such because speed glue has more of the type of nasty VOC that does alter the sponge.

Reactions: kindof99 and Jan_
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I always thought it's VOC making a glue the speed glue. The guy, which started reglueing his rubbers didn't use anything special, just a normal glue. Basically, a "good solvent", which is VOC in our context of hydrophobic polymers, should make sponge expand.
"Normal" means different in different contexts in European languages. It can easily mean "normal as opposed to water-based glue", for example.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I always thought it's VOC making a glue the speed glue. The guy, which started reglueing his rubbers didn't use anything special, just a normal glue. Basically, a "good solvent", which is VOC in our context of hydrophobic polymers, should make sponge expand.

"Normal" means different in different contexts in European languages. It can easily mean "normal as opposed to water-based glue", for example.
So I'm guessing that it's just normal non speed glue that uses voc's to dry quicker, if it also provides some protection to blade and comes off easy from the rubber, it could be viable at our level. Glue you rubber, a week later you can play competition.

Reactions: PaddyPolar
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
So I'm guessing that it's just normal non speed glue that uses voc's to dry quicker, if it also provides some protection to blade and comes off easy from the rubber, it could be viable at our level. Glue you rubber, a week later you can play competition.
indeed. I got a bottle of the voc- glue from Aliexpress and it is not boosting the sponge at all. I can apply 3 layers to the rubber in less than 5 minutes.
The one i got however is not that straightforward to apply, it dries too fast and one can not go back over it with the brush to add a bit more glue. One has to let it dry for a minute and then add another layer.
It also has a tendency to get a bit "lumpy".
But it is great when you are in hurry, when the posty drops off the parcel with the new rubber you have been waiting for and you only got an hour before you go to the club to try it out 😁