Which tacky/semi tacky Chinese rubber before trying DHS 3 Neo?

says what [IMG]
H3 Neo was never as tacky as standard commercial H3 and lately both are much less tacky as before. If you are still hesitant buy something cheaper like a Rxton 5 or Rxton 3 pink.
Can confirm, my H3 Neo I bought literally yesterday has barely any tack compared to the 729FX I bought some 7-8 years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Can confirm, my H3 Neo I bought literally yesterday has barely any tack compared to the 729FX I bought some 7-8 years ago.
I have bought plenty of hurricanes in the past year.

1) agree The new H3 neo is not as tacky as before.

2) Some sheets are tackier than others. That's a quality control issue with DHS.

3) So I have kept some sheets that are tackier on my main blade and transfer the less tacky ones to other blades that I want to test out (I have been testing some all wood blades lately. I also have a couple XVT, Sanwei and Yinhe blades that are without rubbers so those sheets can go on those blades).

4) I still buy hurricane 3 neo because with boosting and broken into, the rubber is still the best. I have tried other rubbers that are tacky tacky like even Friendship Battle II and Mercury II have tackier top sheet than a regular hurricane 3 neo but Battle II and Mercury II just don't have the right sponge for me. Sorry.

5) I have stopped EJ'ing various Chinese rubbers because I have always gone back to hurricane.

says what [IMG]
It's so much less tacky than I expected and have seen before, even compared to a 2 years old regular H3 I tried, that it must be intentional. Maybe western market H3 is now less tacky to suit western player's games better? It should add some spin and speed when there is less hysteresis from the tack.

Or just a huge QC fuckup lately.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
It's so much less tacky than I expected and have seen before, even compared to a 2 years old regular H3 I tried, that it must be intentional. Maybe western market H3 is now less tacky to suit western player's games better? It should add some spin and speed when there is less hysteresis from the tack.

Or just a huge QC fuckup lately.
I think it is intentional.

After all, it plays better now straight out of the package since it is less tacky then before. I don't like that though. I like tacky tacky hurricane so I can break it in and use it for like a year or so.

And since it is less tacky, we probably need to buy more hurricane each year. That's probably DHS' evil plot.

Reactions: damszelfly