Which tacky/semi tacky Chinese rubber before trying DHS 3 Neo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi Guys and Gals :)

I do not have any experience in Chinese rubbers and would like to ask which ones try before checking DHS 3 Neo? I was/am playing all the time with tensor/esn rubbers and would like to have smooth transition. I have already DHS 3 Neo Prov BS black and Prov OS 37 red but they are sealed/unoppened. Additional I’m waiting for Loki rxton 9 from AliExpress which based on others opinion is like N#022 National. Before I’ll jump on the big water the question is it worth to check something easier before above mentioned and if yes please provide some. Maybe I will order on AliExpress when I did the first purchase successfully 😉

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
If your hurricane 3 is newly purchased, they aren’t that tacky. Some Euro or Jap hybrids are tackier than Hurricane 3.

If you insist on trying something easier before H3, these rubbers are easy to play with:
  • Xiom Vega China
  • Tihbar Hybrid K2
  • Friendship Battle 2
  • Sanwei Target National
  • Victas Triple Double Extra

Reactions: disaster3
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I bought it in June23 . which of those provided above better use on bh and which on FH. Loki rxton seems to be trendy recently and quite cheep. rxton pink looks awesome 🤣I’m also good with boosting have Falco Tempo Long Booster and Seamoon haifu normal.
IMG_4101.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Jslick89
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hope you can adjust to the backhand with that equipment, should be quite a big change from FZD ALC to HL5 with soft H3.
And your forehand will be a big upgrade, if you can use its potential well.
I will not change FZD Alc. above is an old screen with all Dhs product I purchased. I’m not gonna using long 5. Waiting for Joola ZHQ 90. I prefer outer carbon blades soft H3 bought together with BS. Maybe will sell it if will not use to use Chinese rubbers on BH and get back to tensor. So far would like to try something cheaper which I wouldn’t mind destroying just in case.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I will not change FZD Alc. above is an old screen with all Dhs product I purchased. I’m not gonna using long 5. Waiting for Joola ZHQ 90. I prefer outer carbon blades soft H3 bought together with BS. Maybe will sell it if will not use to use Chinese rubbers on BH and get back to tensor. So far would like to try something cheaper which I wouldn’t mind destroying just in case.
i can play Rxton5 on both FH and BH without problems, on both , fast and slower blades. I use 1 coat of ordinary seamoon, just to make the leather into a sponge 😁

• Haha
Reactions: disaster3 and Lazer
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Agree. New sets of hurricane is not that tacky. You don't need to try other rubbers in order to move to hurricane.

If you must try another rubber, I second Sanwei Target National.

Rxton 3 and Rxton 5 do not behave like Hurricane. I don't see the point of even trying them.
I did not say Rxton3, I said Rxton 3 pink, the one with the white sponge.
This one and Rxton5 are both hard and sticky just like H3 😁

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I did not say Rxton3, I said Rxton 3 pink, the one with the white sponge.
This one and Rxton5 are both hard and sticky just like H3 😁
I have Rxton 3 pink, Rxton 3 blue and Rxton 5. I just don't like them. They are not springy like Hurricane.

Tony really likes Rxton 3 pink and Rxton 3 blue.

I like Sanwei Target National but someone else on the forum complains that the rubber has too low of a throw.

So we all probably just play differently :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I think that first you should try to jump into the water and plunge headlong into the hurricane :). Just don’t try to play hurricane right away without strengthening, be sure to strengthen it with seamun.
If you still decide to try hybrids first, then add Jupiter 3 39 to your list. These are good and inexpensive rubber. J3 faster than Big Dipper, maybe this will be important for you.

Reactions: Lowday20298
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
ok, how about DHS H3 Neo Orange Sponge black. I've read that is easier to handle and have more catapult than BS and even women CNT played OS rather than BS some time ago due to easier to play with. If this is the case and taking it into account that will be boosted for FH it is better to take 39* or 40* and 2.1 or 2.15mm?
2.2mm would be good considering no boosting but this will not be the case so would rather stick with 2.1 or 2.15 but have no experience and would like to ask before will put it on the list and order it.
Thanks! :)