Who is missing the Cloud walker?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think xu xin was born maybe 10 years too late.

The big plastic ball, forehand and spin dominant game and big long straight arm swings away from the table all really hurt him in the modern game but he still made a very good career out of it due to his outstanding skills.

With the 38mm ball and speed glue his game probably would have been extremely lethal and he could have won a lot more but when he game up the game started to become more about close to table play with both wings and a more speed than spin dominant game. He still was extremely good and could beat anyone on a good day but it was not really his game anymore.

Thus I feel that unfortunately we won't see another xu xin. Dang qiu and felix lebrun are much more like SH players who act more close to the table with both sides of the bat while xu xin really was almost like a j-pen player who could do rbp (albeit it got better later in his career he really was more of a forehand dominant player).

To me he was closer to like a RSM type of player who could also do rpb than like any other cpen player.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yeah, Xu is a living example of how much physics rules the game.
This is the most famous teaching by Xu Xin
-- 𝔾𝕦𝕪𝕤, 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕤𝕙𝕪 𝕟𝕠𝕟-𝕘𝕣𝕚𝕡𝕡𝕪 𝕞𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕒𝕝𝕤.
𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕪 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕥𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕝.

Shitty Materials.jpg

Yes, Professor Magnus rules the game, nobody can withstand spinny shots. Poor Dr. Neubauer.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I miss variety. Penhold players used to vary the game a lot, Xu Xin with his unique flicks and side swipes, Ma Lin with his TPB, short game and killer FH loops near the table, Wang Hao with dominating BH.

I actually lost a little bit of passion to the pro scene since it's all the same.
watch some Noshad Alamiyan, you'll not be disappointed

Reactions: mihalichtheone