Who is missing the Cloud walker?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I think liang guo dong is pretty good too. He is one of the younger gen players that played in the recent wtt contender events.

He has a decent serve & receive game and is a leftie too

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
The good old Xu Xin 😁😁😁
His retirement from the international scene is a real loss to the sport.
When many other players retire I'm sure it's a sad day for them personally, but there's usually a very similar, 'like-for-like' replacement on the international scene.
There's no like-for-like replacement for XX - he is one of a kind.

This user has no status.
Damn Xu Xin played so well this time, he even nearly won against Xu Yingbin the rising star! Those hook serves look mighty nasty and his RPB didn't miss a lot. Xu Yingbin had to dig really deep (and get a lot of lucky balls) to win.

Reactions: Choosikick
I miss variety. Penhold players used to vary the game a lot, Xu Xin with his unique flicks and side swipes, Ma Lin with his TPB, short game and killer FH loops near the table, Wang Hao with dominating BH.

I actually lost a little bit of passion to the pro scene since it's all the same.

In fact, Anders Lind who kinda introduced more shots into his game won against Xue Fei, who plays regularly and without any style. I was very disappointed with modern penhold plays and surprised by Anders' game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I would like to see a really talented penhold player from china again. Some of their younger PH guys are solid but pretty generic.

Some have a good RPB but a pretty generic forehand for example.

It would need to be a guy with a massive forehand, good serve and good footwork but also a solid RPB.

I feel the current PH players from China play decently but they lack the little extra and usually lose against good players.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I'm sorry but I can't unseen this after seeing the match between Xu Xin and Xu Yingbin

1697439761887.png

maxresdefault.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I miss variety. Penhold players used to vary the game a lot, Xu Xin with his unique flicks and side swipes, Ma Lin with his TPB, short game and killer FH loops near the table, Wang Hao with dominating BH.

I actually lost a little bit of passion to the pro scene since it's all the same.

In fact, Anders Lind who kinda introduced more shots into his game won against Xue Fei, who plays regularly and without any style. I was very disappointed with modern penhold plays and surprised by Anders' game.

Some SH players are more stylish - Zhou Qihao, Lind, Anton Kallberg