Who won this never give up point?

Who won this point?

• Guy in black t-shirt won the point

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Guy in red t-shirt won the point

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • I really have no clue who won the point!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
When you see this rally it's of course difficult for the umpire to see. But he decided to call a let because he couldnt see the ball hit the floor. As an umpire you can never call a let on a played ball. But thats a other story :D

What is your call and why?

This user has no status.
I was a little too fast to vote. I agree with what you're saying and I think I can see the ball hitting that floor just before his racket reaches that far down.
I think the guy in red one the point. And I love how he just looks to the umpire like "well, who's getting the point?" as if he had even the slightest chance of seeing what happened.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Sorry for my Snapchat video skills. The blue guy come first fast and in one movement and his racket touch the floor before the ball? See how fast the ball is after he made the backspin.

Could it be possible that the ball hit floor first and then he come under the ball and make backspin? Probably not...

Red guy don´t know what happen he only look at the umpire.
Blue guy know he made a point otherwise he will not make that movement with his left hand.

But I agree you can only guess first time you see it and what should the umpire do he can´t see anything from that angle?

https://www.facebook.com/arnsbaek/videos/10153859460222961/

This user has no status.
I think that the ball hit the floor. I think I can see it in the slow motion, but of course I can't be sure. The umpire could probably only judge by the sound of the ball. If I had a total doubt and the players had different claims, I would award the point to the boy in black. Like in football where in controversial offside situations the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacker...