Win a signed blade by Waldner! (XMAS Comp 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
says I like tabletennis a lot, I do it already 5,5 years.
says I like tabletennis a lot, I do it already 5,5 years.
Dec 2014
I don't think Dan is talking about the ball bouncing. The ball hitting the racket and being a good shot that is in, regardless of whether it is a serve which boucnes on both sides or a regular shot which only bounces on the opponent's side, is 1 shot because the person who hit the shot only hit the ball with his racket once for that one shot.

So, Shots, not bounces.

Dan, correct me if I am wrong. But in English a serve would not be considered two shots because it bounces on both sides. It would still be considered one shot because the racket that does the serving only contacts the ball once on any particular serve.

It is possible that you're right about that fact and I also think that right now, but I thought almost everyone answered 139 so I would say something else with my own explanation. But I'm pretty sure now that you got it right.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is possible that you're right about that fact and I also think that right now, but I thought almost everyone answered 139 so I would say something else with my own explanation. But I'm pretty sure now that you got it right.

I think that is as good a reason as any. At least you did not give the same answer as everyone else. Haha. I hope you win.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I think there were a total of 139 successful shots that landed on the table from shots 1 to 10 in the video.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think there were 139 successful shots in the video.

As a side note, hope it's okay to take part as a new member.. I've been lurking for quite a while.

I am just making sure you know how to read. Here are some of the rules for entry from the original post:

- You must be a fully registered member at TableTennisDaily with a minimum of 10 quality posts to be considered in the prize draw! Good Luck! Not registered to TableTennisDaily? Register in a few seconds here.
- Like and Share the latest post on the TableTennisDaily Facebook here.

So far you have 1 post. But I am not sure I would call it a "Quality Post" so you better get cracking and get 10 more posts where you are writing something of substance before the contest ends. Ideally you would have done that before you entered. But, I believe you get this reprieve. Get to writing instead of lurking. And go back and read all the directions to make sure you fulfill all of them.

Not everybody gets my sense of humor. But, hopefully, you do. :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I am just making sure you know how to read. Here are some of the rules for entry from the original post:

So far you have 1 post. But I am not sure I would call it a "Quality Post" so you better get cracking and get 10 more posts where you are writing something of substance before the contest ends. Ideally you would have done that before you entered. But, I believe you get this reprieve. Get to writing instead of lurking. And go back and read all the directions to make sure you fulfill all of them.

Not everybody gets my sense of humor. But, hopefully, you do. :)

It makes me think...

This forum has 19000+ members,yet only around 100 are active.however,when there is a competition,suddenly,there are a 1-200 more 'active' members.

So,how many are 'lurking' here?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It makes me think...

This forum has 19000+ members,yet only around 100 are active.however,when there is a competition,suddenly,there are a 1-200 more 'active' members.

So,how many are 'lurking' here?

There are probably more "members" here who are just completely inactive than ones who are lurking, reading posts and not writing. There are a decent number of people who do just read and never write but nothing close to as many as the number of people who used to come once in a while and have not been in months or even years. And then there are those people who join, get enough posts to enter one of these competitions, hope to win and then don't come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I just want the TTD shirt so give to me already. :) I think there were a total of 139 successful shots that landed on the table from shots 1 to 10 in the video
Will and Carl, couldn't you both just jump the bridge together then there is nothing to discuss?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Status
Not open for further replies.