With ML era ending, who are the top Chinese upcoming players?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
This user has no status.
It happens, i once played in Veterans tournament, i was late by 2-0 of games and also late like 5-3 i believe, i don't know what happened and i flipped the table and won 3-2 at the end, good it was best of 5, not sure if it was best of 7 if i will lose it, but if it was best of 3 then i am definitely lost, because i also played another game best of 3 it was like 1-1 and last game i was lead by 9-5, i lost it 11-9, so embarrassing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
oops, People's Republic of China. My bad.
well, technically speaking, the PRC thinks everything of ROC belongs to them.

TSMC (TAIWAN Semiconductor Manufacturing Company) is "ranked" as the Top (yes number 1) company in China.

Seems like lots of Chinese companies all try to use the term "Chinese chipmaker.....etc"

on this subject, I recall so many on the mainland also called Jeremy Lin a "Chinese".

While he is a Taiwanese American (according to NY Times - https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/05/sports/basketball/linsanity-jeremy-lin-documentary-hbo.html).

They probably knew of the technicality that he is not of PRC citizen, hence this http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/stor...to-give-up-us-citizenship-play-for-china.html

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
funny how you use a new channel that was closed down due to its "fake news" and its very pro-beijing stance.
Yeah right, being in support of the opposition party means pro-Beijing now. So much for having the word democratic in its name. How is that any different from DPRK?

Source video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEAjoyAePfo

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-the-O...-on-Chinese-Taipei-rather-than-Chinese-Taiwan
When Chinese Taipei was selected as alternative name for the ROC, the Government of the Republic of China had strongly denied it's Taiwan. For the ROC government, it should be the one and only legitimate Chinese state that governs the whole of China including both of Mainland China and Taiwan. Hence, it has adopted the name Chinese Taipei to avoid mentioning Taiwan (including islands of Penghu, Kinmen and Matsu), its only de facto territory. Chinese Taipei means "the Chinese state of which de facto capital city is Taipei." (Note that the ROC considered Nanking (or Nanjing in Hanyu Pinyin) in the mainland was its de jure capital city at that time.)

However, the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), the current ruling party of the ROC, is trying to remove the Chinese identity and promote the Taiwanese one, so it held a national referendum to change the Olympic team's name into "Taiwan." This recent attempt was unsuccessful due to the majority of voters' rejection.

Frankly speaking, the DPP and other "Pan-Green coalition" parties want to collapse the Republic of China and found a new state named the Republic of Taiwan or just Taiwan in the future. However, it's seen as a very radical approach by not a few Taiwanese who have already accepted the ROC as their fatherland. Additionally, the People's Republic of China, which has still been claiming Taiwan is a part of its territory, is threatening that it'll go to war if the Taiwanese declare "independence." So the DPP has suspended its original plan. Alternatively, the DPP is pursuing to make the ROC a de facto Taiwanese state not Chinese. The Olympic team renaming referendum was a political groundwork for a change of the national identity. Of course, the Kuomintang (KMT) and other "Pan-Blue coalition" parties are strongly opposing such attempts because they believe their fatherland should be always Chinese and Taiwan should be remained as a "part" of the ROC.

In conclusion, the constitutional status and the national identity of Taiwan are very sensitive issues for not only the Mainland Chinese but also the Taiwanese themselves.

Reactions: lodro and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah right, being in support of the opposition party means pro-Beijing now. So much for having the word democratic in its name. How is that any different from DPRK?
you obviously didn't see enough of this channel. there are plenty of "opposition party" channels in Taiwan that doesn't do fake news like CTI.
CTI has really gone down the drain in recent years, and I doubt if you even follow it.

I used to watch CTI too, I like to watch news channels from "all parties", so I can learn to decide between different opinions - this is the rights given in a democratic society. But CTI has really went over board with its constant fake news. I stopped watching it many years ago and I wasn't surprised that it loss its fake news battle, after numerous complaints over the years. When the NCC license was going to be revoked, I actually had a few glimpse of the content before it came off air. It really became a joke.

Freedom of speech I think Taiwan has uphold very well and CTI has crossed that line of freedom of speech VS fake news debate.
You can't say the same freedom exists in other parts of "Chinese" worded, territories, can you?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Zeio,

you see, the Taiwan, China issue is very complicated and I have avoided discussing this issue with you on TTD for many times. But you just love bringing on a 75 year old issue. (I have edited my reply to remove out political topics, but you obviously love to keep on with political posts)

Funny how you use the word "democratic" where DPRK has the word "Democratic" People's Republic of Korea in there. ROC and ROK is the only democratic country of the 4 here. Where citizens has the right to vote.

As I replied to you last time, how can you hold a referendum without the fear of repercussion of non participation, due to PRC's influence in IOC? Did people vote with the heart of what they want, or based on the repercussion fear? I voted with repercussion fear of my friends will be disallowed to take part in IOC and world sporting tournaments, and so did pretty much every international athlete from Taiwan did the same for the same fears.

So what do you say when the Beijing gov calls TSMC as the number 1 Chinese company from China??
So according to that theory, which in PRC's view, anything of ROC is now PRC, so Gozo is right when he says ROC citizen to get into CNT, not so?

The Taiwan-China issue is a complicated issue that you keep raising Zeio.

BTW, the Chinese Taipei, Chinese in there is that of ROC Chinese, and not that of PRC Chinese.
And many people tend to assume that the Chinese belongs to that of PRC Chinese, just like Hong Kong China, or Macua, China.
And that was the motive of the referendum of name change, to try and distance itself from PRC Chinese....
However, I believe the western world is a lot more educated today, and many know of the history between the two.

Last edited: