World Cup 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Damn I'd feel more happy for ML right now if I didn't feel so bad for LGY. Guy already had a reputation that he was doing a great job of putting behind. Getting reversed swept by ML in a BO7 can happen to anyone, but people will be hard on LGY and it's gonna be rough for him.

This user has no status.
LGY played stupid during the 4th set and after that. It was pretty simple, do a slow spinny chiquita and then play the rallies out, put more spin to ensure consistency. No way Ma Long is stronger in the topspin rally - there was no reason to attempt so many of those loopkills which were only blocked back with interest and then also resulted in like 1001 mistakes. Sometimes this is all just dumb suicidal plays....

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
LGY played stupid during the 4th set and after that. It was pretty simple, do a slow spinny chiquita and then play the rallies out, put more spin to ensure consistency. No way Ma Long is stronger in the topspin rally - there was no reason to attempt so many of those loopkills which were only blocked back with interest and then also resulted in like 1001 mistakes. Sometimes this is all just dumb suicidal plays....
Ma Long got into LGY's head.. what a master

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
A great game by Ma Long, did Lin choke?? Personally I don’t think so, when you see Ma Long start to serve BH you know he is struggling, he had to change something. ML’s BH serve changed the dynamics of the points and his confidence rose.
Lin could have changed his serve or another part of the point strategy but didn’t, he just kept plugging away, in the end it was his inability to adapt that lost him the match, this isn’t choking, it’s match awareness.

2 great finals to watch, very enjoyable!!

This user has no status.
Ma Long got into LGY's head.. what a master
Yes, those BH serves were a trap. They look so simple - even I was reading the spin on them easily. But they are all placed in hard to attack trajectories and placements. LGY tried to directly chiquita kill those "disrespectful simple serves" and ended up making 1001 mistakes on them because he was chiquitaing way too flat with no safety (obviously because there are always subtle differences and the trajectory is a bit too low). Somehow for a pro player he doesn't know how to slow down, adjust and play with more spin and consistency until he gets his rhythm back. He's like the amateur guy who pisses away all points trying to attack low percentage balls wtf...

When faced with weird shit you can always do a slow spinny chiquita to enter the topspin rally. No need to take unnecessary risks at all!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
A great game by Ma Long, did Lin choke?? Personally I don’t think so, when you see Ma Long start to serve BH you know he is struggling, he had to change something. ML’s BH serve changed the dynamics of the points and his confidence rose.
Lin could have changed his serve or another part of the point strategy but didn’t, he just kept plugging away, in the end it was his inability to adapt that lost him the match, this isn’t choking, it’s match awareness.

2 great finals to watch, very enjoyable!!
Inability to adapt is part of choking, but there were some loss of form dynamics in play. There were quite a few forehands in that match that Ma Long hit without his lower body.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Reactions: NextLevel