WTT Singapore Smash 2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
didn't see the match. Seeing the result. Mima lost 10-12 in the decider against QIAN Tianyi.
can't say i'm surprised. Mima's results have been a bit downhill for a while.

i think there is too much pressure on her, as she is seeing many rivals emerging in Japan, even KIHARA is in front of her in the race to Paris, and Miwa HARIMOTO will soon become Japan N1...
She has her Olympic medals and has gone as far as her style can take her IMHO. She is still losing mostly to very top players so the level is about the same. Qian Tianyi when she was younger was the same level as Sun Yingsha, but since CNT isn't confident about either her or Kuai Man, but they need good lefties, they are investing time in them.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
She has her Olympic medals and has gone as far as her style can take her IMHO. She is still losing mostly to very top players so the level is about the same. Qian Tianyi when she was younger was the same level as Sun Yingsha, but since CNT isn't confident about either her or Kuai Man, but they need good lefties, they are investing time in them.
the problem is that she loses to other players than Chinese players.

she lost in T-League to Cheng I-Ching although she got her revenge days later in WTT.

more importantly she lost to junior player Sakura YOKOI in the national champs in January

and if I'm correct, Miwa HARIMOTO won against QIAN Tianyi in Goa 2 weeks ago

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
But there should be official complaint to ittf about Lebrun. He goes into his service motion without looking at his opponent to see if they are ready. He's a asshole
why is he an asshole but not his opponent? In tennis you must play to the server's pace, I dunno why it's not like that in table tennis, makes more sense than waiting for the receiver

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
why is he an asshole but not his opponent? In tennis you must play to the server's pace, I dunno why it's not like that in table tennis, makes more sense than waiting for the receiver
He should just do his normal serve pace and check if his opponemt is ready. If his opponent is consistently not ready then he should complain to the umpire. Umpire may ask opponemt to play faster

Lebrun deliberately serves without looking at his opponent. He is trying to serve BEFORE opponent is even in position.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Apologies for my lack of knowledge but can anyone tell me why CNT do not speak English? After winning the match during interview they are supported by interpreter in other sports even if you are not native English but you rock in particular disciplines and are famous at least you are able to communicate in English and replay some basic questions (even doing some mistakes but everyone can undestand).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Apologies for my lack of knowledge but can anyone tell me why CNT do not speak English? After winning the match during interview they are supported by interpreter in other sports even if you are not native English but you rock in particular disciplines and are famous at least you are able to communicate in English and replay some basic questions (even doing some mistakes but everyone can undestand).
too busy to learn, too difficult to learn, too much work after all that training, not confident enough to speak in front of a lot of people, don’t need to, won’t have to, doesn’t want to, being told not to, are encouraged but hate to do…
should i go on?

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
To the Chinese, English isn't important. IMO.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I don't think any of the Asian teams do except for specific players like LYJ who trains a lot in Europe and ocaasionally ML.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
just was curious... watching others disciplines and seeing that in general there is such willingness to communicate a bit in English.
Ok, so there is no specific reason.... thanks! :)
I think that's because a lot of players of other disciplines go West to train, while for TT many players go East to train.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
the problem is that she loses to other players than Chinese players.

she lost in T-League to Cheng I-Ching although she got her revenge days later in WTT.

more importantly she lost to junior player Sakura YOKOI in the national champs in January

and if I'm correct, Miwa HARIMOTO won against QIAN Tianyi in Goa 2 weeks ago
Yokoi has a very nasty backhand topspin and it will be a while before we know here true level.

Cheng I Ching is a good player, as is Qian Tianyi and Miwa Harimoto. At worst, three players will pass Ito and she won't get to play 2024. If that happens, it is a good thing for Japan. But no one is taking away her Olympic medals. Hitting is high risk, high reward. No one wins all the time. And Ito is still one of the top 3 in Japan and has the best record in international play, despite all the hype that has surrounded her compatriots. The only person with similar achievements is Hirano. Neither of them would trade away what they have achieved to avoid their recent struggles and Hirano has been due for an opening for over a year now, her strength is clear, she finally is getting some wins.. Ito needs moments like this to regrow - there is nothing bad about it. It is hard to take risks with your game when everything is going well.

• Love
Nov 2022
just was curious... watching others disciplines and seeing that in general there is such willingness to communicate a bit in English.
Chinese is by far the most spoken language in the world, so the Chinese may ask you the same question – why don't you communicate in Chinese? The answer you give will be the same as their answer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
didn't see the match. Seeing the result. Mima lost 10-12 in the decider against QIAN Tianyi.
can't say i'm surprised. Mima's results have been a bit downhill for a while.

i think there is too much pressure on her, as she is seeing many rivals emerging in Japan, even KIHARA is in front of her in the race to Paris, and Miwa HARIMOTO will soon become Japan N1...
Where is miwa in this event? Any reason she’s not playing as was really looking forward to seeing how she would have done.

This user has no status.
Yokoi has a very nasty backhand topspin and it will be a while before we know here true level.

Cheng I Ching is a good player, as is Qian Tianyi and Miwa Harimoto. At worst, three players will pass Ito and she won't get to play 2024. If that happens, it is a good thing for Japan. But no one is taking away her Olympic medals. Hitting is high risk, high reward. No one wins all the time. And Ito is still one of the top 3 in Japan and has the best record in international play, despite all the hype that has surrounded her compatriots. The only person with similar achievements is Hirano. Neither of them would trade away what they have achieved to avoid their recent struggles and Hirano has been due for an opening for over a year now, her strength is clear, she finally is getting some wins.. Ito needs moments like this to regrow - there is nothing bad about it. It is hard to take risks with your game when everything is going well.
i agree, she's still young and talented, everything is still possible. Ito has always said she wants to be creative and innovative to surprise her opponents. Which she does, but errors are too high because she hasn't time to perfect enough those new tactics/ shots. Maybe she will do some compromises / change her approach ?

still a fan of Mima, but I still think Miwa is just too good and will dominate the whole sport.

This user has no status.
Is it just me or Qian Tianyi has way too slender legs for someone on the CNT? How did she get away from weight training of the legs compared to her peers....

All of the other top CNT players be it men or women all have incredibly strong lower body strength. Heck even Lin Gaoyuan is sporting pretty muscular legs these days.