Xiom Omega VII Pro cheaper alternative

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hi! I love this rubber but it’s quite costly compared to other ESN rubbers in my country. Is there any YASAKA, Stiga, DHS, Tibhar, Yinhe, 729 or Xiom Vega series rubber that’s similar to this?
Are you kidding? There are lots of alternatives.

Maybe try Yasaka Rakza XX, Stiga DNA Platinum, Tibhar Evolution MXP or MXD

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Hi! I love this rubber but it’s quite costly compared to other ESN rubbers in my country. Is there any YASAKA, Stiga, DHS, Tibhar, Yinhe, 729 or Xiom Vega series rubber that’s similar to this?
With my limited experience with non tacky Chinese rubbers, the one that feels and perform closest to ESN rubbers is the 729 Presto Max Spin, which has a similar sponge hardness as O7 pro (46 vs 45 on ESN scale). It is not cheap as a Chinese rubber but still slightly cheaper than a Vega.

Hi, have you also tried Xiom Omega 7 Pro?
Yes, I did. Had a chance to try a blade with O7Pro and Vega X. From what I could see, Vega X seems to be a variation of O7Pro. Vega Z actually plays sort of like a bit softer O7Pro; it feels more controllable, a bit bouncier, slower

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have not tried Xiom Omega VII pro. But I have tried Vega X and Vega Pro. I like both of them. I cannot say too much because those are not my main rubber right now. I am using Vega Asia mostly.

I have various DHS, 729 and Yinhe rubbers. I do not recommend them. They don't have that catapult effects so you can cross them off your list.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I have not tried Xiom Omega VII pro. But I have tried Vega X and Vega Pro. I like both of them. I cannot say too much because those are not my main rubber right now. I am using Vega Asia mostly.

I have various DHS, 729 and Yinhe rubbers. I do not recommend them. They don't have that catapult effects so you can cross them off your list.
729 Aurora max with seamoon has the most catapult of any rubber I have seen.

Yinhe Moon 12 and 53 seem pretty good. Yinhe Big Dipper 38 boosted is very catapulty and fast.

This user has no status.

Hi, what’s Vega Asia like? What other rubbers is it similar to?

Yinhe Moon 12 and 53 seem pretty good. Yinhe Big Dipper 38 boosted is very catapulty and fast.

Yinhe Moon 12 and 53 seem pretty good. Yinhe Big Dipper 38 boosted is very catapulty and fast.big

It's further away from Omega7Pro than Vega X. One can say it's a variation od Vega Pro. Line Pro, it has a somewhat firm topsheet, contrary to a rather soft topsheet od Omega7 or Vega X. I'd just go for Vega X if I were you; don't be discouraged by the low price, as it is a near top tier quality rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Please see below. You can check out the website yourself. Supposedly X has the same captapult effect (Elasto Futura) as Omega 7 rubbers. Whether that is true or not, I am not sure.

The best way to describe Asia is, it is in between Europe and Pro, in terms of speed and catapult effect. Supposedy Pro and Asia have the same sponge hardness so my guess is that Asia must have a softer top sheet than Pro. I used Vega Europe in the past and still have it on some blades that are super fast; I used Vega Europe to slow the overall set up down so I can enjoy the blade. Now I am finding tat Europe is a bit too soft and not catapult enough for my BH. I moved up to Asia and the feeling is just right. I am now using Rakza 7 soft, C-1 and Vega Asia on my backhand interchangeably right now. Asia seems a bit less catapulty than Rakza 7 soft but yet slightly harder. My backhand cannot really tell too much between those three rubbers at this moment. I am happy with Vega Asia.

I got the following info from https://www.xiom.eu/vega

Degree of sponge hardness:

54°: Vega CHINA
47,5°: Vega X, ASIA, PRO, INTRO, LPO
45°: Vega TOUR, JAPAN
42,5°: Vega EUROPE, ASIA DF, SPO
40°: Vega ELITE
37,5°: Vega EUROPE DF

Throw angle:

Vega PRO (very high)>X>JAPAN>EUROPE>EUROPE DF>ASIA>ELITE>INTRO>TOUR>ASIA DF>CHINA (low)

Catapult effect:

Elasto Futura (very springy, also used for Omega 7 rubbers)>Dynamic Friction (also used for Omega 5 rubbers)>Hyper Elasto (Vega typical technology)>Physi Elasto(less springy, a bit like classic rubbers without built-in glue effect)

Elasto Futura: Vega X, TOUR
Dynamic Friction: Vega ASIA DF, EUROPE DF
Hyper Elasto: Vega PRO, ASIA, JAPAN, EUROPE, ELITE
Physi Elasto: Vega INTRO

Jan 2023
Idk where u find stiga platinum to be cheaper than omega 7.
Stiga rubbers for some reason are relatively cheap within China (150-200 CNY, whereas Omega 7 would be close to 300 CNY), but they don't have them in MAX, only 2.1 mm IIRC.

Reactions: Robin0910