Xiom Vega Intro or Butterfly Rozena?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Hey! I am relatively new to table tennis, so I have some difficulties in choosing the first proper racket. After research on the internet I have decided to buy Butterfly Primorac as a blade, but I don't know about the rubber. I saw many nice comments about both Rozena and Vega Intro, but I don't know what will be better for this blade. Plus Rozena is slightly more expensive, so I don't know whether I will notice that much of a difference. What would you recommend? Or if you have a completely different suggestion at the same price range please let me know! Thank you in advance

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I think rozena is faster and more bouncy than xiom vega intro. If this is you're first proper racket xiom vega intro maybe better. If you have a good coach rozena might be fine too. If you're on your own maybe go even slower than the vega intro and pick xiom musa or yasaka mark 5 or any classic rubber (no tension rubber).
Don't pick a rubber too thin though, IMO at least 2,0mm so you get used to the feeling of thick sponge early.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I think rozena is faster and more bouncy than xiom vega intro. If this is you're first proper racket xiom vega intro maybe better. If you have a good coach rozena might be fine too. If you're on your own maybe go even slower than the vega intro and pick xiom musa or yasaka mark 5 or any classic rubber (no tension rubber).
Don't pick a rubber too thin though, IMO at least 2,0mm so you get used to the feeling of thick sponge early.
thank you for your recomendation! After reading about rozena I also thought it's a bit more advanced than vego intro, so good to know I was right. I am by myself right now, but probably will have a coach by summer. Are those rubbers that you recommened will work fine with this blade? Or at my level it's too early to spot a difference between combinations of blade/rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
The primorac is fine, will work good with many different rubbers. I'd say get two vega intro 2,0mm and see where it gets you. Those are good starter rubbers, in half a year or so you will need new rubbers anyway and you can see if you want anything else. It really depends if you can learn the basics easily or if you need something slower to learn them. Can't tell without playing with you

Reactions: JJ Ng and laWi2k