Xiom Vega Korea Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Is the hardness of Vega Korea 47d? The online shop I'm buying from states it's 45d. Which is correct?

This user has no status.
I have yes, J&H V47.5 and Z52.5.
It has a very weird feeling because of its pimple structure. I do not like it.
yeah the J % H are spin monsters at least the V,but they are really unpredictable sometimes.
I removed the V 47.5 and play the normal Glayzer on Bh now,like it a lot more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
yeah the J % H are spin monsters at least the V,but they are really unpredictable sometimes.
To me, they were like short pimple rubbers but converted to inverted.

It's good at punch and flat techniques. But when you brush, the pimple structure just goes off

This user has no status.
i found you had to brush well and more forward then upwarts for Topsins.
But at least the V was somewhat unstable and not really predictable.I hope the Bluestar A1 is better in that regard.
Service was a pleasure with the V47.5 i have to say.
I also depends on the Blade,I have one on a SDC Barwell Fleet/Fortino Pro like Clone with Hexagonal shape.
And Butterfly Kiso Hinoki V with the V47.5.you played the Z 52.5°?how is the Z?
with the Kiso i could generate more Spin but the trampoline effect and the structure of the V47.5 made it somewhat a catapult Tensor Raquet.
And with the SDC Blade i was better at punchblock or flathit,but the shape was a problem in aerodynamic when playing topspin.
Well the Blade is not to underestimate,it is after all the Whole Raquet which makes the package.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Have anyone encountered problems with controlling this rubber?
Personally I find pushing very hard and unforgiving. Also overshooting and nets are pretty common when I start playing active. Can anyone give me advice to minimise my mistakes.

Want to add, that rubber feels airy. Like there is something in between the rubbers and blade. Rubber smells like it came straight from China. When I asked about the smell from other players, they pointed that it smells very similar to mxp. Therefore, rubber is heavely boosted. DId anyone noticed any difference after playing for 2-3 weeks and more?

Last edited:
Hmm - I'm not that high level player. When there are bad strokes, it's probably me. I agree in a "different" feeling of this rubber. But not bouncy. I would say, it's halfway between my DHS 37 (boosted) and let's say Vega Rubbers.

I bought a 2nd hand T Hybrid MK last week and hope it arrives today. So I will be able to compare.

This user has no status.
Personally I find pushing very hard and unforgiving. Also overshooting and nets are pretty common when I start playing active. Can anyone give me advice to minimise my mistakes.

Want to add, that rubber feels airy. Like there is something in between the rubbers and blade. Rubber smells like it came straight from China. When I asked about the smell from other players, they pointed that it smells very similar to mxp. Therefore, rubber is heavely boosted. DId anyone noticed any difference after playing for 2-3 weeks and more?
I'm not that keen on it to be honest, I'm the same as you, i find it difficult to control and it seems to be very spin sensitive.

Last edited:

You are asking about the Korea, no?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
For those of you who have already tried the Vega Korea: Which kind of blade would you recommend to use with it? Should it be rather soft/slow or hard/fast? In Spintester's Vega Korea review they recommend the usual suspects like Harimoto ALC or Viscaria. I don't have a Viscaria but do own a Harimoto ALC, an Innerforce ALC.S and a Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon. Which of these do you think would be a good match with the Vega Korea? I'd prefer to order just 1 sheet for testing purposes rather than 3 😬

This user has no status.
For those of you who have already tried the Vega Korea: Which kind of blade would you recommend to use with it? Should it be rather soft/slow or hard/fast? In Spintester's Vega Korea review they recommend the usual suspects like Harimoto ALC or Viscaria. I don't have a Viscaria but do own a Harimoto ALC, an Innerforce ALC.S and a Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon. Which of these do you think would be a good match with the Vega Korea? I'd prefer to order just 1 sheet for testing purposes rather than 3 😬
My son uses a blue VK as his backhand rubber on an inner carbon blade (Sanwei CC) and he loves it, it provides an almost perfect combination of control, precision, speed and spin. I have used it a couple of times, it's really balanced and easy to play. I guess that on outer carbon or bricky blades it would loose some control and precision, but it should be a good partner of any the blades you own.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Now I realise after playing with it for a bit. That it's too soft on CDS tmx. When you put any kind of power, it's arc becomes too flat from bottoming out.

What would someone upgrade to after vega korea?

I'll likely stick with korea till the end of its life then upgrade.
I'm currently using Omega 7 Pro on CDS TMX Pro and was actually thinking of switching to Vega Korea. Did you notice this issue when it's new or after a while of using it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I've just bought one sheet for my son's racket. it felt pretty good and was actually quite happy with the initial test result that i was planning to get more. Shocked to learn that it's not durable :)
Omega 7 Pro is actually pretty good with the CDS TMX Pro, just the right feel, speed and spin. Mayb I should wait for the new Omega 8 Pro before i change it. What forehand rubber have you tried and worked with this blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I've just bought one sheet for my son's racket. it felt pretty good and was actually quite happy with the initial test result that i was planning to get more. Shocked to learn that it's not durable :)
Omega 7 Pro is actually pretty good with the CDS TMX Pro, just the right feel, speed and spin. Mayb I should wait for the new Omega 8 Pro before i change it. What forehand rubber have you tried and worked with this blade?
I've tried H3 OS and BS, V>15, V>20, V>22, O7Pro, Korea, D05.
H3 and D05 work the best as forehand.
Gotta go with hybrids, not enough dwell time for most other rubbers.

Reactions: kevin.c