Xiom Vega Korea Review

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I experienced some similar topsheet splitting on Joola Rhyzen CMD. Maybe it is more a thing with rubbers that have a thinner toosheet?

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
It seems this may be to the extreme tensor technology applied to the rubber, maybe when the edges of it go under stress it simply splits because it has a large amount of pressure squeezing it inwards. Also maybe the particular rubber they used in this top sheet to achieve such catapult is more fragile than most rubbers

Awesome! Is the sponge soft. Like is it more like XIom Pro v.s. Xiom X, or it is more like Xiom Vega Europe? And the top ship is more grip than Pro, X and Europe?

Thank you for your feedback!
I am currently using both Xiom Vega Pro black and Xiom Vega Korea blue, been using those for 2 months and there are 2 things I want to talk about.

The first thing is Vega Pro is harder than Vega Korea, so I believe with tension rubbers, the harder they are, their max speed and spin potential will be higher than softer rubbers. But softer rubbers are easier to generate spin since I don't have to make a lot of force to sink the ball deep in the rubber.

The second thing is I want to discuss more about the top sheet wise, after a while playing and testing both Vega Pro and Vega Korea, I feel Vega Pro top sheet is grippier than Korea. I was kinda skeptical at first but then I checked them by throwing the ball to the rubber at an oblique angle to check the grippiness like how Kenta Matsudaira used to do everytime before his serving, it was true, when I reach to a certain amount of rotation, with Korea, it bounced off but didn't catch the whole spin of the ball. But with Vega Pro, it bounced off catch the whole spin. So I wonder is it just the new technology that makes new rubber less sensitive to the incoming spin? Or is it true that Vega Korea is less spiny than Vega Pro?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Does anyone have a longer experience with VEGA KOREA?

I would like to replace the XIOM VEGA X with it, which I currently use on my wood (padouk-diolen-ayous-kiri-ayous-diolen-padouk).

I'm hoping for similar characteristics from the cover as the X, but a bit quieter expression and ideally a bit slower and more control.

Thanks a lot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
how about tibhar's evolution series? and the aurus series?
I feel Vega Korea fits perfectly in between what X lacked and Japan had.
So, it is like one rubber that has the best characteristics of two rubbers.

I do feel Xiom has done good for this "Mid range" market. While many brands focus on the high end goods and not enough for the mid end - which is actually huge in terms of market size,
Xiom's Vega has been doing well for over a decade.
So now they have a Korea, with no red, but two new colours.

The only issue now is to have ample supply, since ESN has its supply challenges for a while and causing price hikes.

I am currently using both Xiom Vega Pro black and Xiom Vega Korea blue, been using those for 2 months and there are 2 things I want to talk about.

The first thing is Vega Pro is harder than Vega Korea, so I believe with tension rubbers, the harder they are, their max speed and spin potential will be higher than softer rubbers. But softer rubbers are easier to generate spin since I don't have to make a lot of force to sink the ball deep in the rubber.

The second thing is I want to discuss more about the top sheet wise, after a while playing and testing both Vega Pro and Vega Korea, I feel Vega Pro top sheet is grippier than Korea. I was kinda skeptical at first but then I checked them by throwing the ball to the rubber at an oblique angle to check the grippiness like how Kenta Matsudaira used to do everytime before is serving, it was true, when I reach to a certain amount of rotation, with Korea, it bounced off but didn't catch the whole spin of the ball. But with Vega Pro, it bounced off catch the whole spin. So I wonder is it just the new technology that makes new rubber less sensitive to the incoming spin? Or is it true that Vega Korea is less spiny than Vega Pro?
update:
after 3 months playing, now I notice xiom vega korea shrink a lot

Would you suggest then, to cut the rubber with a bit of room

Would you suggest then, to cut the rubber with a bit of room?
Glue it carefully, i mean really carefully, cut the rubber with a bit of room, and then place few books or a laptop or sth like on the surface, leave it there for a few hours, maybe 2 hours, and then wait til tomorrow to play. That mean you wont have to reglue so you wont see the dramatic shrink of the rubber 😎

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Glue it carefully, i mean really carefully, cut the rubber with a bit of room, and then place few books or a laptop or sth like on the surface, leave it there for a few hours, maybe 2 hours, and then wait til tomorrow to play. That mean you wont have to reglue so you wont see the dramatic shrink of the rubber 😎
Thank you for your tip. Sadge that I already glued it and cut to regular size😂.

• Haha
Reactions: Tạ Bá Đạt
This user has no status.
Thank you for your tip. Sadge that I already glued it and cut to regular size😂.
My son has been using Vega Korea blue as his backhand rubber for half a year and we've noticed no shrinkage.

It's a wonderful rubber indeed, fast and with a lot of spin. Backhand topspin is really easy to control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Would you suggest then, to cut the rubber with a bit of room?
it is very important to let the glue be very very very dry.
and moisture, will add in the rubber stretching

and since these are "tensor" rubbers, meaning it is stretched, over time, shrinkage is possible and almost impossible to avoid

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
it is very important to let the glue be very very very dry.
and moisture, will add in the rubber stretching

and since these are "tensor" rubbers, meaning it is stretched, over time, shrinkage is possible and almost impossible to avoid
By very very dry you mean, rock solid dry or barely tacky dry.
Also, what is optimal time for waiting glue to dry. Even when I see that glue is transparent and ready to go, sometimes I still feel difference in how rubbers play before and after regluing.

Reactions: Khimmi and Fedex78
Now I realise after playing with it for a bit. That it's too soft on CDS tmx. When you put any kind of power, it's arc becomes too flat from bottoming out.

What would someone upgrade to after vega korea?

I'll likely stick with korea till the end of its life then upgrade.
Have you ever tested Jekyll & Hyde? Korea was 45°, no? J&H is 47,5 and always comes with 2.1 mm (or max).