Xiom vega tour vs Vega X vs Gold Arc 8

This user has no status.
Faster and more spin usually correlates with less control in a classic viewpoint, but I agree that this is not just that straightforward.
It is maybe better to approach this with focusing on different qualities of given rubbers.
Based on your currently listed rubber, if you want something not completely different, I'd suggest choosing Nittaku Fastarc G-1. That rubber is much faster, but it still has a rather direct, linear, precise kind of handling - you will need to have faster wrist and arm, but that rubber is just doing what you expect from it, and it is very good at it.
If you need more arc to clear the net with that fast blade you have, but still need more speed, I would suggest Yasaka Rakza X (if you are confident about your skills, you can go for Victas Ventus Extra, which resembles to a cranked-up version of the Rakza X).
Unfortunately I don't know the Xiom Vega series, but based on revspin ratings, Vega Tour is not so durable - Vega X is more durable based on the scores, but not really dynamic - you will need to ask other people about these.
From a personal experience, I can say, that DHS Gold Arc 8 has rather poor durability (not because it is falling apart, but it has too much chemical treatment, which will diminish over a time, thus changing, how it feels during use) . It has a much softer topsheet than Gold Arc 5 (which is a really good rubber in terms of playability with constant characteristics in the long run), and it can shrink a lot just after 2 months on your blade. Also, it is just slight-to-somewhat faster than Gold Arc 5.
If you like to stay with your current sponge hardness, I would suggest taking a look on either Nittaku Fastarc C-1 or Victas Ventus Stiff - both have rather dense rubber topsheet, which means similarly good control as the Gold Arc 5.

This user has no status.
Th
Faster and more spin usually correlates with less control in a classic viewpoint, but I agree that this is not just that straightforward.
It is maybe better to approach this with focusing on different qualities of given rubbers.
Based on your currently listed rubber, if you want something not completely different, I'd suggest choosing Nittaku Fastarc G-1. That rubber is much faster, but it still has a rather direct, linear, precise kind of handling - you will need to have faster wrist and arm, but that rubber is just doing what you expect from it, and it is very good at it.
If you need more arc to clear the net with that fast blade you have, but still need more speed, I would suggest Yasaka Rakza X (if you are confident about your skills, you can go for Victas Ventus Extra, which resembles to a cranked-up version of the Rakza X).
Unfortunately I don't know the Xiom Vega series, but based on revspin ratings, Vega Tour is not so durable - Vega X is more durable based on the scores, but not really dynamic - you will need to ask other people about these.
From a personal experience, I can say, that DHS Gold Arc 8 has rather poor durability (not because it is falling apart, but it has too much chemical treatment, which will diminish over a time, thus changing, how it feels during use) . It has a much softer topsheet than Gold Arc 5 (which is a really good rubber in terms of playability with constant characteristics in the long run), and it can shrink a lot just after 2 months on your blade. Also, it is just slight-to-somewhat faster than Gold Arc 5.
If you like to stay with your current sponge hardness, I would suggest taking a look on either Nittaku Fastarc C-1 or Victas Ventus Stiff - both have rather dense rubber topsheet, which means similarly good control as the Gold Arc 5.
Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I played and still play sometimes with G-1, GA8 and Vega X, still have all these rubbers on my rackets.

Speed: VegaX>GA8>G-1 There's not much difference, and all 3 are more than fast enough for an amateur
Spin: VegaX=GA8=G-1 There are differences in the way spin generated, but all in all, all 3 rubbers are spinny and it's easy to generate a heavy topspin. VegaX is maybe the easiest in that regard, but in top gear all 3 are about the same and it is more on your ability than the rubber.
Control GA8>G-1>Vega X GA8 has more control overall, G-1 is very controlled when you push through the topsheet to engage the sponge, but not that much on thin contact/slow loops/flicks. Vega X feels more bouncy and a bit less controlled. You just feel how the ball sinks deep into the rubber and catapults even with weak shots. Typical tensor. GA8 has firmer but still supple, elastic topsheet.

All 3 rubbers feel very different to me even though the sponge is 47.5 with all 3.
It's a matter of personal preference, I like GA8 most, by far. It's the most universal rubber out of all three for my game. Played with it for half a year with two rackets (on both sides) 2 times a week 2-3 hours. Al four rubbers still look like new and haven't lost their qualities. Contrary to what was said before, GoldArc 8 is quite durable from my own experience and most definitely is worth the money. It might shrink if reglued, I never tried, but if it stays on the racket, it looks fine.

I see you are playing with GoldArc 5 atm. GA8 is a completely different rubber, I think you would be surprised. GA5 is dull, half-dead and hardly worth 20USD to be honest with you. GA8 is a top rubber.