DHS Gold Arc 8 vs. Fastarc G1 vs. Rakza 7?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
So im currently using the G1 myself on viscaria. I play better than ever. love it. VERY fast to me but learned to control it pretty well. I love the spin too. its powerful.

However I already ordered Rakza 7 and DHS GA 8 just out of curiosity.

What to expect from these rubbers compared to the G1?

Spin?
Speed?
Control?
Arch?
feeling etc?

thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So im currently using the G1 myself on viscaria. I play better than ever. love it. VERY fast to me but learned to control it pretty well. I love the spin too. its powerful.

However I already ordered Rakza 7 and DHS GA 8 just out of curiosity.

What to expect from these rubbers compared to the G1?

Spin?
Speed?
Control?
Arch?
feeling etc?

thank you.
Look forward to your test. To me, I have never really noticed any difference between ESN rubbers. I currently have MXP and G1 on some blades, they seem mostly the same to me. Which hardness of GA8 did you get?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Look forward to your test. To me, I have never really noticed any difference between ESN rubbers. I currently have MXP and G1 on some blades, they seem mostly the same to me. Which hardness of GA8 did you get?
I ordered the 47.5 as I think 50 might be too fast for viscaria. Some say its faster than G1. Would love to hear feedback on this from those who tried the rubbers.

This user has no status.
I agree GA8 is just 97% the same as G1

He kinda didnt say that. Weird agreement.

Either way goldarc 8 is different in every aspect than g1.
While g1 is a really good and linear rubber, goldarc is way more tensorish. You have harder bounce with way less power than with g1.
Goldarc has a higher and bigger arc than g1.

Imo goldarc 8 has higher speed and spin capacities but that is just my experience and nothing i found to be evident by anyone else than me.

On the down side ga8 is way harder to control, is more spin sensitive, especially in passive blocks.

I and several other users of those rubbers tend to find the goldarc better to spin and loop with it, while the g1 seems to have better characteristics for smashing and overall flathitting and controlling the rallye.

Cant say anything about rakza 7. Never used it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
He kinda didnt say that. Weird agreement.

Either way goldarc 8 is different in every aspect than g1.
While g1 is a really good and linear rubber, goldarc is way more tensorish. You have harder bounce with way less power than with g1.
Goldarc has a higher and bigger arc than g1.

Imo goldarc 8 has higher speed and spin capacities but that is just my experience and nothing i found to be evident by anyone else than me.

On the down side ga8 is way harder to control, is more spin sensitive, especially in passive blocks.

I and several other users of those rubbers tend to find the goldarc better to spin and loop with it, while the g1 seems to have better characteristics for smashing and overall flathitting and controlling the rallye.

Cant say anything about rakza 7. Never used it.
Very interesting. thank you. was looking for some info like this.
What blade are you using or did you use when trying these rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I didn't try G1. I am a lefty so used to FH loops to my BH and here I developed a punch block, it's either miss or a hard ball into stomach. However I do agree, I don't feel much difference between ESN rubbers just pick a suitable hardness and then whatever is cheaper anf/or easier to get
Another person underwhelmed by ESN tensor rubbers :)
So its all about tacky chinese or hybrids for you?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I dont think there is any other ESN rubber REALLY like G-1, mainly because it is so linear, grippy and Unique in terms of Topsheet + Sponge dymanics.

It also seems to be quite durable.

I would only wish for a G-1 with 50/53 degree hardness, but I will likely switch to something more tacky/hybrid in the near future.

One of these probably, Stiga Hybrid XH ( because I already have it and it is almost like G-1,but not quite) , LAC, J3, H3, H8..

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp

_ak

This user has no status.
Another person underwhelmed by ESN tensor rubbers :)
So its all about tacky chinese or hybrids for you?
No, I am not :D
I just don't feel much difference between them. Of course there are some nuances, but I wouldn't say they affect my game much as long as they are not too soft/hard and not ultra fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Gold Arc 8 is just a great rubber out of the box. That's more spin and speed than the G1. But after 2 months, this rubber becomes stiffer, faster and spins much less. This makes it difficult to control the game. I tried to restore the softness of the sponge with seamun, but the reaction to seamun was weak. Vaseline oil softens the sponge, but the grip of the topsheet cannot be restored... At the same time, G1 remains practically unchanged after two months. G1 is a very linear, control and durable rubber. Rakza 7 is also a very good durable rubber. I played Rakza 7 about 3 years ago on the backhand and was pleased. As far as I remember, it is faster than the G1 and has less grip with the topsheet, while using the sponge you can get decent rotation.

Reactions: Cadoia
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Goldarc 8 has a classic german catapult feel, pretty direct, with a good amount of spin, countering is easy and lifting opening up backspin needs a bit of effort, but it has tons of spin when brushing a lot. Not the fastest rubber.

G1 feels harder but has higher arc and more grip, also more durable. Easy to open up backspin, a bit more sensitive, faster. Feels like a non tensor rubber but it has a lot of speed.

Razka 7, no idea.

Reactions: kindof99 and Cadoia
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
Gold Arc 8 is just a great rubber out of the box. That's more spin and speed than the G1. But after 2 months, this rubber becomes stiffer, faster and spins much less. This makes it difficult to control the game. I tried to restore the softness of the sponge with seamun, but the reaction to seamun was weak. Vaseline oil softens the sponge, but the grip of the topsheet cannot be restored... At the same time, G1 remains practically unchanged after two months. G1 is a very linear, control and durable rubber. Rakza 7 is also a very good durable rubber. I played Rakza 7 about 3 years ago on the backhand and was pleased. As far as I remember, it is faster than the G1 and has less grip with the topsheet, while using the sponge you can get decent rotation.
Rakza 7 faster than G1? interesting. I read people say R7 is slow and can bottom out. I cant find anyone saying that about G1.