DHS Gold arc 8 vs Andro rasanter R45 vs Nittaku fastarc G1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
G1 and GA8 are pretty standard ESN rubbers, meaning good speed, good spin, good control. Don't think there is a real big difference between them.
I´d call them both decent.
GA8 reminded me of Tibhar Genius, and G1 (like Vega Pro, Hexer, Baracuda) is from the Genius "generation". Proof that not every ESN rubber released at the same time is identical to the others, since there are surely differences between Genius and G1 for example, but they´re from around 2009. Still suitable for many, still good enough.

R45 is a little softer, has a thinner topsheet and in my opinion it is way ahead of the other two in terms of spin. It might have a little less catapult than Genius, but since G1 is also not the bounciest thing around they could be closer together in that respect.

My choice would be R45, or for more direct comparison in sponge hardness and thickness of topsheet, R47.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I played with all of them, and didn't like R45 all that much. Must be me; it was way too bouncy in areas of the game where I really don't need that, and it felt limited in terms of speed/spin pressure.

G1 and GA8 are not alike. GA8 at 48º is nothing special, and I don't think I could distinguish it from Xiom Vega X, Rasant Grip or Rasanter R48. All of these have playing characteristics that rapidly change; after of few weeks playing they're different rubbers entirely. Once the ball starts slipping off they're unusable (to me). This happens after two, three months of playing. GA8 at 50º is excellent, as long as it lasts; but that too expires rapidly. From my limited experience with Genius, Aurus and the like I think they're in this category "plays fine for a week or two" as well.

G1 lasts and stays predictable, and does not bottom out easily.

Reactions: damszelfly