Yasaka Rakza X

This user has no status.
I do think 8 versions or more (by the sound of it) is absolutely crazy. Difficult for sellers to stock correctly, and too much options for consumers to choose.
But same token, 1 version is way too little. Especially if this 1 version is few months later than the others - so it better be much better.
I wonder which world top 100 player (male, female, juniors) uses Rakza.....none?

I'm still waiting on Rakza 9 Soft to come out
For me, I was hoping for a harder sponge Rakza 9, the Rakza 9 is too soft for my liking.
I think 3 verion is the best - Hard, medium and soft. But currently Rakza 7 only choose medium and soft, while Rakza 9 is only medium
Wonder what is Rakza X

Rakza X has a hard sponge. Rakza 9 is listed as medium hard. and also they say the topsheet will be alot rougher and grippier. And they said the rubber is specially disigned for the poly ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Rakza X has a hard sponge. Rakza 9 is listed as medium hard. and also they say the topsheet will be alot rougher and grippier. And they said the rubber is specially disigned for the poly ball.

Yeah I know.
But the rating is a 4+ of 5 for hardness in Yasaka's scale
Having used R9 which is also a 4+, I need a 6 :p

The advertisement does say it is a harder "power sponge", but rating is the same.

This user has no status.
Yeah I know.
But the rating is a 4+ of 5 for hardness in Yasaka's scale
Having used R9 which is also a 4+, I need a 6 :p

The advertisement does say it is a harder "power sponge", but rating is the same.

True, but they will be availeble at a local stock close to my place and they have listed the hardnes of Rakza 7 Soft; Soft+, Rakza 7; medium, Rakza 9; medium+ and Rakza X; Hard.

And I dont think they will release a Rakza 9 soft. All of the Rakza rubbers are in the same series Rakza 7 Soft (soft), Rakza 7 (medium) and Rakza 9 (hard). And the Rakza X is even harder for the new poly ball. Just like the bluefire series. M3 (soft) M2 (medium) and M1 (hard). And the M1 Turbo is made harder for the new polyball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
True, but they will be availeble at a local stock close to my place and they have listed the hardnes of Rakza 7 Soft; Soft+, Rakza 7; medium, Rakza 9; medium+ and Rakza X; Hard.

And I dont think they will release a Rakza 9 soft. All of the Rakza rubbers are in the same series Rakza 7 Soft (soft), Rakza 7 (medium) and Rakza 9 (hard). And the Rakza X is even harder for the new poly ball. Just like the bluefire series. M3 (soft) M2 (medium) and M1 (hard). And the M1 Turbo is made harder for the new polyball.

Rakza 9 Soft has been on LARC for a very long time
In my sponge range rating, I won't put R9 as Medium+, it is medium. So I assume RX will be maybe Medium-Hard or your Medium+
A Hard is like a Chinese rubber :)
Tenergy 05 (36Deg) is a medium too for example
It would be nice if Yasaka and other brands list the degree hardness for the consumers too. That is a better way of understanding, than just some numbers that isn't compatible with other brands (somes times not even within the same brand)

Reactions: Rajah*
says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
I agree. 3 versions is best. I know that there WAS like 5-6 juniors on the top 100 ranking that used Rakza. But that were a couple of years ago. Now i know only of a couple of players that plays with Rakza 9 that is almost top 100. Like Mattias Karlsson. He plays in my club. He got injured and falled on the ranking, but mid 2011-12 was ranked 134. You know, i think Rakza 9 feels Medium+ to Hard-. Thinks it is a couple degrees harder than Rakza 7. Rakza 9 soft have i played a couple of test-sheets. Its like the softest i ever have played with. Think Stiga Boost TS and youre at it:) But i dont either are all to fond of these soft rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I agree. 3 versions is best. I know that there WAS like 5-6 juniors on the top 100 ranking that used Rakza. But that were a couple of years ago. Now i know only of a couple of players that plays with Rakza 9 that is almost top 100. Like Mattias Karlsson. He plays in my club. He got injured and falled on the ranking, but mid 2011-12 was ranked 134. You know, i think Rakza 9 feels Medium+ to Hard-. Thinks it is a couple degrees harder than Rakza 7. Rakza 7 soft have i played a couple of test-sheets. Its like the softest i ever have played with. Think Stiga Boost TS and youre at it:) But i dont either are all to fond of these soft rubbers.

I do struggle to believe how such a big brand (and old brand) like Yasaka, can have so little professionals using it.
I do know that one needs to "pay" these pros to use it. Maybe it doesn't make business sense at all for Yasaka.
But since Yasaka's product (rubbers) is same price range as other Tier 1 brands, the only thing left to compare is marketing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
I do struggle to believe how such a big brand (and old brand) like Yasaka, can have so little professionals using it.
I do know that one needs to "pay" these pros to use it. Maybe it doesn't make business sense at all for Yasaka.
But since Yasaka's product (rubbers) is same price range as other Tier 1 brands, the only thing left to compare is marketing.

If you look at yasaka prices,they arent so bad.their prices are reasonable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
If you look at yasaka prices,they arent so bad.their prices are reasonable.

Comparing same range: all ex vat and Euro from TT11
Rakza 9 - 35
Calibra LT - 37.42
Donic Bluefire - 38.25
Tibhar Evolution - 37.42
Andro Hexer 36.62

New rubbers: all ex vat and Euro from TT11
Airoc - 41.58
M1 Turbo - 40.75
Rasant powersponge/grip - 39.12

Schoeler-micke has Rakza X at 48.9 euro (with VAT by the looks of it) so it is around 40.75 without VAT

You still think it is reasonable? given the investment in marketing by Stiga, Donic, Andro, Tibhar vs Yasaka?

Put it to you this way, with the same price of Rakza 9 and X today, but now FZD and XX is using Yasaka, isn't that more reasonable? :)

Last edited:
Today, i played 2 hours with Rakza X 2.0 red. A very very good rubber. A little bit alike the Rakza 9, but with more spin. I havnt played this good for a long time:DThe throw was medium. The speed approx. same as Rakza 9. This will be my forehand rubber for a looong time. Expensive, but i know that its gonna last a very long time. Comparing approx. like this:

Rakza X Speed 9.3/10 Spin 9.6/10
Rakza 9 Speed 9.2/10 Spin 9.3/10
Rakza 7 Speed 9.0/10 Spin 9.4/10
Rakza 7 Soft Speed 8.6/10 Spin 9.2/10

Last edited:
Reactions: mahomedy13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Today, i played 2 hours with Rakza X 2.0 red. A very very good rubber. A little bit alike the Rakza 9, but with more spin. I havnt played this good for a long time:DThe throw was medium. The speed approx. same as Rakza 9. This will be my forehand rubber for a looong time. Expensive, but i know that its gonna last a very long time. Comparing approx. like this:

Rakza X Speed 9.3/10 Spin 9.6/10
Rakza 9 Speed 9.2/10 Spin 9.3/10
Rakza 7 Speed 9.0/10 Spin 9.4/10
Rakza 7 Soft Speed 8.6/10 Spin 9.2/10

Sponge hardness?

TT11 is the best store on the planet. I bought my Rakza X for 47 Euros. Not that it matters, because it is so good rubber, but had i waited, i would had get 2 sheets there, for almost the same fee...

Yeah, back in the days EVERY player (At least here in Sweden) played with Yasaka-rubbers. Professionals used Mark V. And Stiga-blades. Yasaka and Stiga was co-oping in the business then. When Butterfly came in the market, some people started using there stuff.