Yasaka Rakza X

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
Rakza is in indian mythology a powerful beast with six arms, and weapons in every hand, so its probable the coolest name for a offensive table-tennis player:)

Yes it is. I have heard it from Yasaka in Sweden, and here it is on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakshasa

The monster itself is pictured in a variaty of apperences, but during my travels in the role-playing world of games on computers its always a Cat-like creature with swords in their six hands...Hehehe...

By furthermore investigations it was even pictured in the Indian film The Jungle Book by Kipling. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raksha_(Jungle_Book)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Rakza has nothing to do with Rakshasa. Raksha is distinctly different & means "to protect".

And yes, the Jungle Book isn't exactly the final word on Indian mythology.

Reactions: josephluck
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
Read 6 reviews
Yasaka Rakza X Review
Rakza X, the latest tensor addition to the one of most popular and successful Rakza series of Yasaka.
As per Yasaka, the top sheet is made of natural rubber gum which is the usual for any Yasaka rubber.

And as marketed, the top sheet indeed provides an excellent grip over the ball.

Speed: 7.5/10. Excellent speed. Rakza X with grip priority, the close table play becomes very smooth. The medium hard sponge adds power to drive shots and mid distance play becomes easy.

Spin: 8/10. The top sheet provides a good amount of spin. The amount of spin is in between Rakza 7 (spin priority) and Rakza 9 (speed priority).

Tackiness: 3/10. The top sheet is mildly tacky. This is the same as found in typical Japanese spin priority rubbers.

Throw angle: 5.5/10. The rubber has medium to high throw angle. While playing away from the table it produces a beautiful arc and helps a lot on counter topspins.

Sponge Hardness: 5/10. Not sure about the degrees though. The orange sponge is medium hard which enables to produce good speed and spin at the same time.

Weight: 5/10. It is not the heaviest rubber but not the lightest also. I will put it as medium heavy.

Short game: 8/10.The rubber is perfect for short game. It has very good feeling. Even if you get your shots wrong the first time, next time you won’t.

Durability: No idea. Just played with 1 month and looks good till now

Comparison with T05: Will post sometime later. Or will edit this one.

Pros:
1. Price with Yasaka quality.
2. Control with power and spin.

Cons:
1. Not good from blocking perspective.
2. Little difficult for close table counters.

Conclusion: The rubber is of high quality. It is going to stay in the market and to become a long time favorite for lots of players with years to come. If you want to improve your spin along with the control then grab on a sheet of Rakza X, I am a 100% sure that you will not regret it.

Note: Please do follow other people's reviews also before coming to the conclusion.

says I'm wondering if Joola maxxx 500 fh and calibra tour m...
says I'm wondering if Joola maxxx 500 fh and calibra tour m...
Jan 2014
Yasaka Rakza X Review
Rakza X, the latest tensor addition to the one of most popular and successful Rakza series of Yasaka.
As per Yasaka, the top sheet is made of natural rubber gum which is the usual for any Yasaka rubber.

Speed: 7.5/10. Excellent speed. Rakza X with grip priority, the close table play becomes very smooth. The medium hard sponge adds power to drive shots and mid distance play becomes easy.

Spin: 8/10. The top sheet provides a good amount of spin. The amount of spin is in between Rakza 7 (spin priority) and Rakza 9 (speed priority).

Tackiness: 3/10. The top sheet is mildly tacky. This is the same as found in typical Japanese spin priority rubbers.

Throw angle: 5.5/10. The rubber has medium to high throw angle. While playing away from the table it produces a beautiful arc and helps a lot on counter topspins.

Sponge Hardness: 5/10. Not sure about the degrees though. The orange sponge is medium hard which enables to produce good speed and spin at the same time.

Weight: 5/10. It is not the heaviest rubber but not the lightest also. I will put it as medium heavy.

Short game: 8/10.The rubber is perfect for short game. It has very good feeling. Even if you get your shots wrong the first time, next time you won’t.

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion: The rubber is of high quality. It is going to stay in the market and to become a long time favorite for lots of players with years to come. If you want to improve your spin along with the control then grab on a sheet of Rakza X, I am a 100% sure that you will not regret it.

Note: Please do follow other people's reviews also before coming to the conclusion.

orange sponge? mine is white

You are wrong. The mythical creature has different spellings. Do some research, or better, mail Yasaka directly to ask ( I did)
Btw, Its a Japanese rubber, not Indian, hence the spelling. And you are right about one of the meanings of this word is Protect, or Guardian. This creature was indeed a guardian, a very powerful guardian.

Here is a link to a sanskrit dictionary:

http://www.spokensanskrit.de/index.php?tinput=rakzA&link=m

राक्षrAkSam.demon

Last edited:
Reactions: ranniely
Rakza, Rakshasa, Raksha, Rakuza and so on, is different names for a mythological creature. Feel free to mail Yasaka and ask. I did...

Btw, you can even see the flurry demon on the cover of the Rakza rubber. How can you have miss this? I have marked the eyes and mouth on this picture...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Raksha.jpg
    Raksha.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 441
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Rakza, Rakshasa, Raksha, Rakuza and so on, is different names for a mythological creature. Feel free to mail Yasaka and ask. I did...

So, your Yasaka friends are now the last word in Sanskrit? The English pronounciation of the word in your dictionary link is wrong. It is not pronounced as Raksa. 'Protection' is Rakshaa (the 'sh' there is as in 'bush'). And Rakshaa does not mean demon. That is a different word. You can see in that dictionary link - the Sanskrit 'spelling' is different. It would be pronounced as 'Raaksh'. Raakshas (which is singular) is the most commonly used term.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Yasaka Rakza X Review

Pros:

Cons:

i find it strange that the speed is so slow.Have you used the R7 and R9?is it faster than those?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Read 1 reviews
Either ways, let's not harp about meanings of the name anymore.

I'd like more guidance on the hardness of the sponge: is it harder than R7, T05 and MX-P sponges? Is it's overall feel (sponge + topsheet) also harder than the overall feel of those rubbers?

Thanks.

@slevin

Feel free to believe what you want......I dont think that even if Yasaka president mailed you and explained, you wouldnt believe it anyway. I have so much proof, yet you continue to disbelieve...Im here to read about table-tennis, not explain things to you. Case closed.

Yasaka Rakza X Review

Pros:

Cons:

Which do you think has the most spin, Rakza or Baracuda?