Your best comeback ever?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Not sure if this counts but It was england vs ireland in the junior six nations team event it was 2-2 in games and i was playing for the match i was 2-1 down 10-4 but came back and won 12-10 unfortunatly i lost 11-7 in the 5th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
I was down 11-19 in the third (last) set against a really good player, and took ten straight points to take it 21-19. Unfortunately, I had the reverse story happen to me at national championships as well. I miss having blocks of five hidden serves !!

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I was 2:1 and 10:8 down. Then i fight back and won that set 17:15 (or something like that). Not sure how many match points i saved there (probably 5).
In the 5th set i was 8:2 down again. Even my teammates stopped clapping for me. But i came back and was up 9:8. Then 9:9 and 10:10. Then i got match point but missed it. But i was able to win that set and match 13:11.
That match were in the quarter-final of my district championships this year. Also i won that tournament by beating my nemesis at final 3:2.

This user has no status.
Nice topic guys! When I was around 12 I played against my club mate/rival :) He took a 10-0 lead and I won 12-10. Its a true story haha!

I have also been in a similar situation to @EditingSports 10-6 down in the fifth and winning :)

My friend in my local league team once played someone and the two sets he lost were 11-0 but had won the match!

Table Tennis is crazy!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yeah table tennis is crazy,

I remember facing an opponent and whe where dominiting eachother in turn. First game was 11-3 for him, second was 11-4 for me, third game was 11-4 for him, fourth game was 11-2 for me and I was 10-0 up and gave him a point. I was expecting him to give me the last point but I just took it the point after. And in the last game is was 11-5 for him but he was 10-1 up.

This are just the crazy things you remember and will remember for the rest of your life haha.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yeah table tennis is crazy,

I remember facing an opponent and whe where dominiting eachother in turn. First game was 11-3 for him, second was 11-4 for me, third game was 11-4 for him, fourth game was 11-2 for me and I was 10-0 up and gave him a point. I was expecting him to give me the last point but I just took it the point after. And in the last game is was 11-5 for him but he was 10-1 up.

This are just the crazy things you remember and will remember for the rest of your life haha.

Haha sounds like an epic game! I agree, this is what I like about table tennis, there is always a chance to come back through a change momentum. A TT game can change so quickly, a small change of tactic or confidence from a player and everything changes!

Some great posts coming in guys! I'm enjoying the read!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Haha sounds like an epic game! I agree, this is what I like about table tennis, there is always a chance to come back through a change momentum. A TT game can change so quickly, a small change of tactic or confidence from a player and everything changes!

Some great posts coming in guys! I'm enjoying the read!

And yet the 5th CTTSL games are to seven… :(

Reactions: Dan
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
My question now is, what is the best comeback that your opponet has made over you?
For me the worst won, leading 2:1 and 10:7 against one dude who is much better than me, and I lost 12:10 fourth set, and in fifth I had 4:0, 8:3, 9:7 and lost 11:9, yeahhh very sad
I was 3:0 up but my opponent get 3 straight games. In the 7th he were 9:10 and 10:11 up but i luckily won the 7th game 13:11.
Still its crazy how my opponent came back from 3:0 down and had 2 match points.

says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
says http://cinemagr.am/embed/148758536
Feb 2013
I was 3:0 up but my opponent get 3 straight games. In the 7th he were 9:10 and 10:11 up but i luckily won the 7th game 13:11.
Still its crazy how my opponent came back from 3:0 down and had 2 match points.

Oh it's really not imposible, because when you lead 3:0 you start to think to yourself I will win easily, and if opponent wins the set, then he is again motivated to fight, that's why these things happen, the best thing is too play and don't think about score, just always fight till the end

Reactions: agold