Zagreb Open 2013 - ITTF World Tour

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
2013 ITTF World Tour, Zagreb Open, Euro Africa Challenge Series, 06 Jun 2013 - 09 Jun 2013, Zagreb, Croatia

jakabzagreb2013.jpg

Jakab Janos - Photo by: Mirkó István

Live matches from the Zagreb Open can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat! The finals are on tomorrow, Sunday 9th June 2013!

Get all the latest information on the seeds, draw and matches on the ittf website For full Men's entries click here.

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular World Tour event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Full of tension these matches even I feel it as I watch them.

BTW Why is it that always tours in Croatia they put plants behind the barriers? :p

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
That was a fantastic final. Some great switching of angles by both players.
Couldn't help feel Tosic just let himself get pinned down lobbing on his backhand a little too often. Maybe some of those lobs need to be much higher?!

Watching made me wonder how old Tosic is, but I see he is only 34 or so. A child of the 70's just, so those of us born in the 60's (like me) need to look elsewhere for a talisman. Wonder who the oldest man to play in an international open final was ?

Tosic really fought his way past younger men in the earlier rounds too.

(PS Dan, congratulations on you Level 2 coaching badge)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well yes UpSideDownCarl, but maybe kinda like saying "nice shoes" compared with switching hands;)
I don't know. I like the around the net shot. To me, that is a higher degree of difficulty than what she does when she switches hands. That is just a touch shot. Not a bad shot. Nice touch with the left hand. But, I know a few pros who switch hands at will and do a lot more with the ball than that. And then there is that Egyptian guy in the WTTC who, for no apparent reason was switching hands in the middle of important rallies. But she was really on the run on that around the net shot and it is a beauty. The shot she makes that catches the net and wins the point is pretty nice too in spite of catching the net. She reached for that one and really spun the ball.