Zhou Qihao vs Matsushima now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Out of all the Japanese men players, Matsushima has the most entertaining rallies. Guys like Togami can get into some fun pure topspin rallies but Matsushima has the feeling and diversity to mix in more tricky spin shots and even chops.

Hopefully he can get a handle over his mentality as he matured because he's certainly not lacking in skill or talent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thought Ma Jinbao could have taken that one. Some crazy shots in that match
WCT is one of the most underrated players in the world. Ma Jinbao is really good, but Wong Chun Ting can literally beat any player in the world when his game is on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Out of all the Japanese men players, Matsushima has the most entertaining rallies. Guys like Togami can get into some fun pure topspin rallies but Matsushima has the feeling and diversity to mix in more tricky spin shots and even chops.

Hopefully he can get a handle over his mentality as he matured because he's certainly not lacking in skill or talent.
talent-wise, he's now top 3 along with Hari and Togami, heck I think he's better than Togami in the sense that he's not afraid to defense in rallies and he has wittier shot placement.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I find these things amazing, I don't know how other people consider such things normal. Or can talk about his attitude or such stuff.
I think it's fair to speculate about a how a very young teenage player matures. When you see flashes of brilliance intermixed with long periods of rushed and missed shots, it seems natural to talk about whether he can limit those moments.

I remember watching a match a few weeks ago where he went from dominating his opponent one game to losing 0-11 in the next. That sort of thing is not too uncommon, but it happens to him predictably often enough where it's currently a feature of his gameplay.

Definitely rooting for him since watching him and his family play Bobrow was one of the first TT related content I watched on YouTube.

• Love
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
WCT is one of the most underrated players in the world. Ma Jinbao is really good, but Wong Chun Ting can literally beat any player in the world when his game is on.
Still "overrated" as I would've been told, despite being the reigning continental bronze grand slam holder, and getting the Asian Games bronze by beating LYJ 4-3 in QF (3 H2H 3 after that match).

MS
World Cup 2016 bronze
Asian Games 2022 bronze
ATTC 2015 bronze
Asian Cup 2016 bronze

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I think it's fair to speculate about a how a very young teenage player matures. When you see flashes of brilliance intermixed with long periods of rushed and missed shots, it seems natural to talk about whether he can limit those moments.

I remember watching a match a few weeks ago where he went from dominating his opponent one game to losing 0-11 in the next. That sort of thing is not too uncommon, but it happens to him predictably often enough where it's currently a feature of his gameplay.

Definitely rooting for him since watching him and his family play Bobrow was one of the first TT related content I watched on YouTube.
Everything is fair for sure. Sora's style is inherently volatile because it is very touch/feeling based, I don't think the score changes are about attitude as much as they are about the limitations of his style, limitations that may evolve with age as well.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis