Zyre 03 2.5 mm Vs 2.7

This user has no status.
Oh it's got plenty of spin, I don't doubt that. It's got my spin than my H3 on just about all strokes, I just can't control it.
For sure H3 has much better control. I still have it on backhand because it's good for offense and defense. But Zyre always surprises me with shots that would have been average with H3 and becoming point-winning. I've learned that where with H3 I might play a shot safely to keep it on the table, the same shot with Zyre would go long unless I commit to an attack. Every now and then, I still regress to my old H3 habits leading to net or long balls with Zyre. But my practice partner said my drives and especially loops are more difficult to return now.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
May 2011
2,574
3,110
7,386
For sure H3 has much better control. I still have it on backhand because it's good for offense and defense. But Zyre always surprises me with shots that would have been average with H3 and becoming point-winning. I've learned that where with H3 I might play a shot safely to keep it on the table, the same shot with Zyre would go long unless I commit to an attack. Every now and then, I still regress to my old H3 habits leading to net or long balls with Zyre. But my practice partner said my drives and especially loops are more difficult to return now.
Blocks are deadly too, I get constantly surprised by how much spin blocks from Zyre come back with.

Like everything with TT equipment though, it's a matter of tradeoffs. I noticed that my clubmates who have switched to Zyre are significantly worse at counterattacking now. If the incoming ball has decent quality, you need to be really precise with Zyre for counterattacks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haito
Top